LBS to the Den Meeting!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Martees, Mar 6, 2003.

  1. Martees

    Martees Guest

    The owner/manager of our local LBS (Liberty Bike Shop - http://www.libertybikeshop.com/ ) came to my
    Den meeting (yes, I know it's scarey but I'm a Cub Scout Den Leader) and gave a 40 minute
    presentation to the boys (five Bear Cub Scouts). He brought Specialized Epic FSR to do a show and
    tell. He showed them the main parts, taught them how to change a tire, did some bike safety and how
    to wear a helmet properly, then actually did some bike tricks in the basement for the kids. Needless
    to say the kids were ecstatic and the parents were amazed at how personal and kid friendly he was.

    I had a another den meeting last night where the boys wrote thank you notes and signed a THANK YOU
    plaque for the shop.

    Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with our LBS.

    Marty

    Tags:

  2. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    Nice!

    "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...

    > The owner/manager of our local LBS (Liberty Bike Shop - http://www.libertybikeshop.com/ ) came to
    > my Den meeting (yes, I know it's scarey but I'm a Cub Scout Den Leader) and gave a 40 minute
    > presentation
    > the boys (five Bear Cub Scouts). He brought Specialized Epic FSR to do a show and tell. He showed
    > them the main parts, taught them how to change a tire, did some bike safety and how to wear a
    > helmet properly, then
    actually
    > did some bike tricks in the basement for the kids. Needless to say the
    kids
    > were ecstatic and the parents were amazed at how personal and kid friendly he was.
    >
    > I had a another den meeting last night where the boys wrote thank you notes and signed a THANK
    > YOU plaque for the shop.
    >
    > Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with our LBS.
    >
    > Marty

  3. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:06:00 -0500, "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The owner/manager of our local LBS (Liberty Bike Shop - http://www.libertybikeshop.com/ ) came to
    >my Den meeting (yes, I know it's scarey but I'm a Cub Scout Den Leader) and gave a 40 minute
    >presentation to the boys (five Bear Cub Scouts). He brought Specialized Epic FSR to do a show and
    >tell. He showed them the main parts, taught them how to change a tire, did some bike safety and
    >how to wear a helmet properly, then actually did some bike tricks in the basement for the kids.
    >Needless to say the kids were ecstatic and the parents were amazed at how personal and kid
    >friendly he was.
    >
    > I had a another den meeting last night where the boys wrote thank you notes and signed a THANK
    > YOU plaque for the shop.
    >
    > Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with our LBS.
    >
    >Marty

    Nice Marty, my little one said nuts to Tiger Cubs...too bad I thought he'd like it....guess
    not....Anyway sounds like you have a pretty good LBS to participate in Den meetings.

    :-]