LBS to the Den Meeting!

Martees

Guest
The owner/manager of our local LBS (Liberty Bike Shop - http://www.libertybikeshop.com/ ) came to my
Den meeting (yes, I know it's scarey but I'm a Cub Scout Den Leader) and gave a 40 minute
presentation to the boys (five Bear Cub Scouts). He brought Specialized Epic FSR to do a show and
tell. He showed them the main parts, taught them how to change a tire, did some bike safety and how
to wear a helmet properly, then actually did some bike tricks in the basement for the kids. Needless
to say the kids were ecstatic and the parents were amazed at how personal and kid friendly he was.

I had a another den meeting last night where the boys wrote thank you notes and signed a THANK YOU
plaque for the shop.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with our LBS.

Marty

Nice!

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:06:00 -0500, "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote:

>The owner/manager of our local LBS (Liberty Bike Shop - http://www.libertybikeshop.com/ ) came to
>my Den meeting (yes, I know it's scarey but I'm a Cub Scout Den Leader) and gave a 40 minute
>presentation to the boys (five Bear Cub Scouts). He brought Specialized Epic FSR to do a show and
>tell. He showed them the main parts, taught them how to change a tire, did some bike safety and
>how to wear a helmet properly, then actually did some bike tricks in the basement for the kids.
>Needless to say the kids were ecstatic and the parents were amazed at how personal and kid
>friendly he was.
>
> I had a another den meeting last night where the boys wrote thank you notes and signed a THANK
> YOU plaque for the shop.
>
> Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with our LBS.
>
>Marty

Nice Marty, my little one said nuts to Tiger Cubs...too bad I thought he'd like it....guess
not....Anyway sounds like you have a pretty good LBS to participate in Den meetings.

:-]