LC Thousand Island Dressing

Lilith79

Guest
Does anyone know of a good source for this? My dh loves thousand island
dressing, but I can't find any LC options on the shelves at the grocery.
He hates ranch dressing, so thats not an option. I did find a dijon
dressing that was LC, that will work for the time being, but I'd love to
find a LC thousand island. The last time we did this, I made some for
him, and he didn't like it. :O

Lilith79 wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good source for this? My dh loves thousand

island
> dressing, but I can't find any LC options on the shelves at the

grocery.
> He hates ranch dressing, so thats not an option. I did find a

dijon
> dressing that was LC, that will work for the time being, but I'd love

> find a LC thousand island. The last time we did this, I made some

for
> him, and he didn't like it. :O

I just found a Thousand Island dressing by No Carb Gourmet at my local
supermarket (Shaw's). Zero carbs and low fat. Haven't tried it yet
but am looking forward to it. If you Google it, you will find an
online source...

....joy

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:32:26 GMT, Lilith79 <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good source for this? My dh loves thousand island
>dressing, but I can't find any LC options on the shelves at the grocery.
> He hates ranch dressing, so thats not an option. I did find a dijon
>dressing that was LC, that will work for the time being, but I'd love to
>find a LC thousand island. The last time we did this, I made some for
>him, and he didn't like it. :O

I'm not sure if they have Thousand Island but try the Renee line of
dressings. I know they have a website but I do not have it in my
bookmarks at the moment.

wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good source for this? My dh loves thousand island
>dressing, but I can't find any LC options on the shelves at the grocery.
> He hates ranch dressing, so thats not an option. I did find a dijon
>dressing that was LC, that will work for the time being, but I'd love to
>find a LC thousand island. The last time we did this, I made some for
>him, and he didn't like it. :O

I'm not sure if they have Thousand Island but try the Renee line of
dressings. I know they have a website but I do not have it in my
bookmarks at the moment.

You can make your own LC version using mayo, sugar-free ketchup and
pickles...aren't those the normal ingredients?

S t a c i

"Lilith79" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know of a good source for this? My dh loves thousand island
> dressing, but I can't find any LC options on the shelves at the grocery.
> He hates ranch dressing, so thats not an option. I did find a dijon
> dressing that was LC, that will work for the time being, but I'd love to
> find a LC thousand island. The last time we did this, I made some for
> him, and he didn't like it. :O

You can make your own LC version using mayo, sugar-free ketchup and
pickles...aren't those the normal ingredients?

S t a c i

"Lilith79" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know of a good source for this? My dh loves thousand island
> dressing, but I can't find any LC options on the shelves at the grocery.
> He hates ranch dressing, so thats not an option. I did find a dijon
> dressing that was LC, that will work for the time being, but I'd love to
> find a LC thousand island. The last time we did this, I made some for
> him, and he didn't like it. :O

http://www.waldenfarms.com/store.htm

Great dressings.

--
bjgeiger
"Lilith79" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know of a good source for this? My dh loves thousand island
> dressing, but I can't find any LC options on the shelves at the grocery.
> He hates ranch dressing, so thats not an option. I did find a dijon
> dressing that was LC, that will work for the time being, but I'd love to
> find a LC thousand island. The last time we did this, I made some for
> him, and he didn't like it. :O

http://www.waldenfarms.com/store.htm

Great dressings.

--
bjgeiger
"Lilith79" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know of a good source for this? My dh loves thousand island
> dressing, but I can't find any LC options on the shelves at the grocery.
> He hates ranch dressing, so thats not an option. I did find a dijon
> dressing that was LC, that will work for the time being, but I'd love to
> find a LC thousand island. The last time we did this, I made some for
> him, and he didn't like it. :O

I second this one. I use Carb-Option Ketchup, and Dill Pickle Relish (not
Sweet). You could use Sweet, or add a packet of Splenda instead, if you
need that component of the flavor.

Steve

"S t a c i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You can make your own LC version using mayo, sugar-free ketchup and
> pickles...aren't those the normal ingredients?
>
> S t a c i

I didn't think about this until I re-read my post... A friend had come up
with a Pesto/May spread (ratio 4M : 1P). hadn't thought about it as a salad
dressing, but it would probably work. Meaning I will try it later. :)

"Barbara Geiger" <[email protected]> wrote:

>http://www.waldenfarms.com/store.htm
>
>Great dressings.

Their thousand islands is okay but it is baby pink, really bright
pale, fleshy pink... and it just doesn't look right. The color
honestly weirds me out.

I use mayo (nearly 0 carbs), Heniz or Hellmans 1-carb ketchup, and I
add some mustard(nearly 0 carbs) to make my own thousand island. I'm
never sure which is which, Thousand Island or Russian--since I think
they are so similar. I think one has relish the other doesn't. I think
one may be a lil spicier

The low-carb ones I've found are very artificial and VERY VERY pricey.
It is too simple to mix up a batch of this myself. I do

4 parts mayo
2 parts low carb ketchup (normally you use chili sauce, and I'm a
ketchup/tomato freak so I may actually use 3 parts)
1 part mustard (spicy brown is my choice)
1-2 parts relish (dill not sweet, should be 0 to 1 carb)
couple of shakes of hot sauce (optional)

Most thousand island recipes use:
* finely chopped hard boiled egg, also a good low carb addition.
* finely diced onion or onino powder
* a little vinegar

I'd avoid the vinegar unless you like that taste. Normally I think the
vinegar would be cut by the sweetness of the chili sauce(it's sweeter
than ketchup), which would be somewhat absent here.
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)
350/267/Dec-264/225
Atkins since Jan 12, 2004
Maint. not counting (CCLL=50-60)

Now the color issue I must agree with, but the taste is good for the little
added carbs or calories.

--
bjgeiger
news:[email protected]...

Barbara Geiger wrote:
> Have always gotten what I ordered in a timely manner.

Thanks Buying from online retailers can be hit or miss.