[LCC City] City of London Cycle Accident Assessment Study

Simon Brooke (may as well have) wrote:
"oh no, I can't deal with opinions different to my own because I know
I'm right and everyone else is wrong - it doesn't matter why! I'm going
away to sulk, if I close my eyes you can't see me"

smeggy wrote:

> TBH, I don't see why the discussion should be moved offline. I have
> nothing to hide and others may have something to add. Surely that's the
> point of of this place?

The point of this place is to discuss cycling. Do you ride a bike? Where
is the kitchen shot?

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

My veal cutlet tried to beat the **** out of my cup of coffee...
the coffee just wasn't strong enough to defend himself. (Tom
Waits)

> The point of this place is to discuss cycling. Do you ride a bike?

I totally agree with you 100%. I've already admitted to bringing down
this thread. However, the root cause is this liar who keep spouting, in
these cycling forums (and only these cycling forums):

"This is like the kind of misleading guff that proven liar and
perverter
of justice Paul Smith would come out with. "

Stop this cowardly pratt spinny from posting this irrelevant rubbish in
this 'uk.rec.cycling' newsgroup and all your troubles will disappear.

(Actually, I do ride a bike. I used to be extremely fit but fitter
women got in the way)

smeggy wrote:
> Stop this cowardly pratt spinny from posting this irrelevant rubbish in
> this 'uk.rec.cycling' newsgroup and all your troubles will disappear.

Eh! How do you suggest that could be done? Anyone is free to post what
they like, just as everyone else is free to ignore it. I suggest you
take that course of action if his posts offend you.

> (Actually, I do ride a bike. I used to be extremely fit but fitter
> women got in the way)

So:
What do you ride?
Where are the kitchen shots?
Do you ride for utility/commuting or sport?

BTW I take it that your moniker is not a derivative of smegma.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

The media finally figured out that their "paying customers"
(i.e. advertisers) don't WANT an intelligent, thoughtful
audience. And they no longer have one." (Rich Tietjens)

So Smith calls having speeding tickets redirected to a grieving family
a "good idea", but he does not pervert justice, mmm?

Care to explain this?

Dear Sir,

The police authority forwarded your email (26.04.06) to me. Your
concerns regarding the SAFE SPEED site are not trivial. The site is
sponsored by individuals who are against safety cameras and the police
in general. Although I cannot do anything to stop their publications,
I can assure you that we fully investigate individuals who attempt to
pervert the course of justice by giving false information to the
police.

Kind regards,

Essi Ahari

Room 319
Arrive Alive
Police HQ
Glan-y-don
Colwyn Bay LL29 8AW
Tel: 01492 517171 ext. 4497
Mob: 07771803981
E-mail: [email protected]

spindrift wrote:
> So Smith calls having speeding tickets redirected to a grieving family
> a "good idea", but he does not pervert justice, mmm?
>
> Care to explain this?

I asked you for proof, as you yourself say "source please", but you
never provided.

Anyway, calling an illegal activity a 'good idea', no matter how
illegal, is not perversion of justice, it's not even close.

> The police authority forwarded your email (26.04.06) to me. Your
> concerns regarding the SAFE SPEED site are not trivial.

Too right, you're leaving yourself open to be sued!

> The site is
> sponsored by individuals who are against safety cameras and the police
> in general.

Now I know this is rubbish. Safesped and all it's members have always
been calling for more police!!!!!

> Although I cannot do anything to stop their publications,
> I can assure you that we fully investigate individuals who attempt to
> pervert the course of justice by giving false information to the
> police.

And if PS has given false info to the police then I really would be
disappointed in him. However, I've never seen proof that he has -
neither have you (unless you were the officer working on his case). So
do you want to fabricate that too?

smeggy wrote:
"I asked you for proof, as you yourself say "source please", but you
never provided. "

Paul Smith Sep 3 2001, 11:01 am
You don`t even need to know the deceased. Just picking a name for the

local newspaper`s obituary column has been known to work nicely. With
bit of care in your choice, there`s no one to call you a liar.
(It`s on my web site :) -- Paul Smith Scotland, UK
http://www.safespeed.org.uk

http://tinyurl.com/cnun3

Smith encourages the perversion of justice and thinks that arranging
for speeding fines to be sent to a grieving family is a "good idea":

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/SafeSpeed
/avoid%20the%20points.htm

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/SafeSpeed/countermeasures.htm

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/SafeSpeed/non cooperation.htm

Meanwhile the safespeed website boasts:

"Safe Speed does not, nor has ever,
advocated or condoned law breaking or civil disobedience."

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5354&postdays=0&pos

Breathtaking dishonesty and a staggering callousness. A family torn
apart by grief get Smith's speeding tickets through the door
addressed
to their dead loved one. Charming.

Use a recently deceased person to duck a speeding ticket, and Smith
calls this a "good idea".

The man's a perverter of justice, what he condones is explicitly
against the law. He encourages lawlessness and the most dreadful
intrusion on a grieving family imagineable.

Sorry I couldn't post back earlier, had HDD failure and didn't want to
try again until I had Agent reinstalled (Agent makes this sooo much
easier).

It would seem you have been working Ling and hard to make allies ;c)

> http://tinyurl.com/cnun3
>

>Smith encourages the perversion of justice

No he doesn't, where does he do that?

Besides, that link is 5 years old. The Safespeed campaign wasn't
around then, hence that is nothing more than one man's personal
opinions (opinions which may have changed since then). Therefore your
wording of 'encourages' is wrong and misleading.

I see nothing no worse than our own government giving out free needles
to drug users, or giving out free condoms to those underage.

> and thinks that arranging
> for speeding fines to be sent to a grieving family is a "good idea":

Actually he didn't, you are twisting words again. He said naming a
dead person is a good idea (It IS a good idea, wrong of course but it
IS clever), but he didn't pass comment on naming a recently deceased
person.

> http://www.max-boost.co.uk/... blah blah blah

The first two times you posted those links it didn't result with
anything useful for you, what makes you think a third time will be any
better?

> Meanwhile the safespeed website boasts:
>

> "Safe Speed does not, nor has ever,
> advocated or condoned law breaking or civil disobedience."

Which is correct!

BTW, where exactly does he say that? I can't find what you claim to be
a quote on any of your supplied links.

> http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5354&postdays=0&pos

I don't see the relevance of the link, are you trying to look for
another distraction from the original issue at hand?

> The man's a perverter of justice

You keep saying that but you have never shown proof that he actually
does (or has) pervert the course of justice, now you are spinning your
own words.

> what he condones is explicitly
> against the law. He encourages lawlessness and the most dreadful
> intrusion on a grieving family imagineable.

What does he condone? give me an example and show that he condones it!

..

So spindrift, how's the prosecution of IG going? LOL

smeggy wrote:

> >Smith encourages the perversion of justice

> No he doesn't, where does he do that?

Perhaps you can remind us who said the following:

<start quote>
Ideas for defeating speed measuring equipment.

"You could have made up a number plate from a similar make and colour car
to yours seen driving around. This is called number plate cloning and is
becoming quite common. It would be hard to justify your incorrect cloned
plate if stopped by Police. You might fare a little better if your number
plate incorporates a simple mistake such as two numbers changed round. For
example A 123 ACB instead of A 123 ABC. If stopped you could simply claim
that it must be an error."

"Don't be too keen to wash the winter filth off your car! Don't be too
keen to remove that bike rack from the back. If your number plate falls
off or gets broken, don't be in too much of a hurry to get it replaced. We
hear the motorcycle chain lubricant in a spray can will make a few
usefully unreadable streaks or blobs. Or do a little mudslinging; mud
stuck on the numberplate could well obscure enough of the numbers and
letters. In some areas kids think it is funny to attach black tape to a
number plate to make the numbers and letters different; this is a trend
well worth encouraging."
<end quote>

Now that does rather look like 'encouraging the perversion of justice'.

He then went on to say:
"We should make every effort to appear calm, reasonable, responsible,
honest and accurate."

And that sounds very much like 'Please try to hide the truth about our
real motives'.

John B

>> >Smith encourages the perversion of justice
>>
>> No he doesn't, where does he do that?

>Perhaps you can remind us who said the following:
>
><start quote>
>Ideas for defeating speed measuring equipment.
>
>Now that does rather look like 'encouraging the perversion of justice'.

That's not encouragement, they were merely ideas reproduced from
publicly available pages from the web.
Here's the definition for you: "encouragement: the expression of
approval and support"

Besides, you're another who uses the wrong tense; those pages have not
been available on the Safespeed website for years.

By your definition, I could say that spindrift recently encouraged the
'perversion of justice' simply by linking to those pages.

smeggy wrote:

> >> No he doesn't, where does he do that?

> >Perhaps you can remind us who said the following:
> >
> ><start quote>
> >Ideas for defeating speed measuring equipment.
> >
> >Now that does rather look like 'encouraging the perversion of justice'.

> That's not encouragement, they were merely ideas reproduced from
> publicly available pages from the web.
> Here's the definition for you: "encouragement: the expression of
> approval and support"

Let's highlight
"In some areas kids think it is funny to attach black tape to a
number plate to make the numbers and letters different; this is a trend
well worth encouraging."

Err, he said "well worth encouraging".
That looks pretty much like encouragement to me, even using your
definition.

> Besides, you're another who uses the wrong tense;

Who cares. He said it. ...and a lot more. A reason he removed the pages was
that he didn't like people using it against him. Indeed he then went on to
proclainm that the information was available on other websites and provided
links to them.

Of course you may believe that leopards change their spots.....

John B

"That's not encouragement, they were merely ideas reproduced from
publicly available pages from the web. "

Encouraging something isn't encouragement?

Welcome to the wacky world of safespeed.

This thread is illuminative in the tactics used by proven liars and
perverters of justice like Paul Smith.

We have the usual threats, playground insults and lies from the
speedophile contingent when they realise their arguments have failed,
and an almost hysterical desire to make the argument personal.

I think the pro speeding lobby are like the classic absurdly
self-important driver who asserts that he is the only safe driver on
the road!

Put it this way.

Easyjet fly to Krakow.

You can take a bus or train from Krakow to the small town of OSWIECEM
and tour the camp there.

You can see block 11, the punishment block where children were
castrated, prisoners were tortured and Father Kolbe was starved to
death. Over a million and a half people died in squalor and despair.

And the pro-speeding lobby have the gall, the sheer affrontery to
compare the introduction of safety cameras to The Holocaust.

jamie_duff

Location: Aberdeenshire
This is the Forth (sic) Reich starting now in London.

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7176

smeggy

I reckon the SCPs are trying to drum up support any way they can, this
time by giving a recognised purpose to these '****** youth' who
quite obviously don't have a life of their own.

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/vi...highlight=nazi

Smeggy, a return flight to Krakow costs less than £50.

I'll even pay your fare if you visit Auschwitz and discover for your
self that comparing a £60 traffic fine to what you will see there is
beneath contempt and reveals nothing so much as your complete hysteria
over this subject.

You should really apologise for what you wrote on Safespeed , havinge
an opinon on road safety is fine but comparing yourself to persecuted
jews suggests to me that you have some perspective issue.

Would you like to explain why you compare yourself to persecuted jews
smeggy?

>Err, he said "well worth encouraging".
>That looks pretty much like encouragement to me, even using your
>definition.

So are those his words or, as I already said, words he reproduced from
other pages, just like you just did? Can I now report John B to the
authorities?

>> Besides, you're another who uses the wrong tense;

>Who cares

'Who cares'? Did you do anything bad or harbour what you would now
consider to be such thoughts when you were younger? If so should we
still be berating you for it?

That quote, among many others, was gleaned from a newspaper reports,
PS merely republished it (much like you did just then). Some
background: PS initially set up SS as a hobby believing that speed
cameras were causing injustice - which they indeed were and still are:
people losing their jobs while driving safely. At that time it seemed
natural to him to stand up against such injustice, responding with
like measures.

After a while he began looking at the bigger picture and found
problems with the claims from the SCPs and the government; it was then
he realised that cameras were undermining road safety. Armed with the
data it enough to convince him to go full time as a road safety
campaigner. Those pages then became irrelevant to the new campaign and
its objectives hence they were removed. That was 3 years ago.

>Of course you may believe that leopards change their spots.....

If by that you mean removing pages from the site, then yes one can
believe it.

After several threads on the subject, if that's the best people can
come up with to discredit PS, then I needn't have bothered.

>You should really apologise for what you wrote on Safespeed , havinge
>an opinon on road safety is fine but comparing yourself to persecuted
>jews suggests to me that you have some perspective issue.
>
>Would you like to explain why you compare yourself to persecuted jews
>smeggy?

I did no such thing and you know it.

For anyone who hasn't killfiled spinny, please read the relevent
thread here:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=102426&page=10

I deserve an apology from you.

smeggy wrote:

> >Err, he said "well worth encouraging".
> >That looks pretty much like encouragement to me, even using your
> >definition.

> So are those his words or, as I already said, words he reproduced from
> other pages, just like you just did?

Don't be such a prat.

> That quote, among many others, was gleaned from a newspaper reports,
> PS merely republished it

ROTFLOL

> After several threads on the subject, if that's the best people can
> come up with to discredit PS, then I needn't have bothered.

No one needs to discredit him or SS.
He has managed it himself admirably and it is doubly pleasing to see you
continuing the good work.

John B

>Don't be such a prat.
>
>ROTFLOL

That's right, shy away from giving a reasonable answer.

>No one needs to discredit him or SS.
>He has managed it himself admirably and it is doubly pleasing to see you
>continuing the good work.

So why is he gaining in public stature? Why is his work increasingly
referred to in the media as a 'road safety campaign'?

Given the years of widespread public attention, surely someone would
have taken him down by now if he was lying or perverting the course of
justice?

Or is it because no-one can fault his claims that speed cameras are
not as effective as the SCPs claim?

smeggy wrote:

> >Don't be such a prat.
> >
> >ROTFLOL

> That's right, shy away from giving a reasonable answer.
>
> >No one needs to discredit him or SS.
> >He has managed it himself admirably and it is doubly pleasing to see you
> >continuing the good work.

> So why is he gaining in public stature? Why is his work increasingly
> referred to in the media as a 'road safety campaign'?
>
> Given the years of widespread public attention, surely someone would
> have taken him down by now if he was lying or perverting the course of
> justice?
>
> Or is it because no-one can fault his claims that speed cameras are
> not as effective as the SCPs claim?

uk.tosspot is thataway

>> So why is he gaining in public stature? Why is his work increasingly
>> referred to in the media as a 'road safety campaign'?
>>
>> Given the years of widespread public attention, surely someone would
>> have taken him down by now if he was lying or perverting the course of
>> justice?
>>
>> Or is it because no-one can fault his claims that speed cameras are
>> not as effective as the SCPs claim?

>uk.tosspot is thataway

LOL good answer, very considered and insightful, it's sure to make
any reader question the SS campaign - not!

Go on, 'plonk' me