General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Le Creuset pans - small ones

Started by Chris · · Last activity · 4 posts · 307 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 January 2006
Last activity
1 January 2006
Original author
Chris
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
307
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have 3 Le Creuset pans sitting in my cabinet, taking up space. They are
    smallish -- a 2-qt saucepan and a 2 qt. Dutch oven-type tying. And a small
    (8"?) frying pan with a grey coating on it (not sure whether it's a
    non-stick coating, or a promotes-browning coating). I was under the
    impression that Le Creuset was best suited for braises and baked things
    (lasagna, scalloped potatoes). These pans are too small for those kinds of
    things. They seem suitable for heating up soup, chili, etc., but that's
    about it...they're kind of heavy to keep in my crowded pan cabinet, so I've
    moved them out.

    How would you use these pans? I hate to see such nice pans go unused, so I
    thought I'd see if there's some use I'm overlooking. (Hmm...they are
    pretty....guess I could do some Martha-type centerpiece with a bunch of
    lemons in one of them or something...)

    Thanks,
    Chris

  2. On Sun 01 Jan 2006 12:04:11a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Chris?

    Quoted message said:

    I have 3 Le Creuset pans sitting in my cabinet, taking up space. They
    are smallish -- a 2-qt saucepan and a 2 qt. Dutch oven-type tying. And
    a small (8"?) frying pan with a grey coating on it (not sure whether
    it's a non-stick coating, or a promotes-browning coating). I was under
    the impression that Le Creuset was best suited for braises and baked
    things (lasagna, scalloped potatoes). These pans are too small for
    those kinds of things. They seem suitable for heating up soup, chili,
    etc., but that's about it...they're kind of heavy to keep in my crowded
    pan cabinet, so I've moved them out.

    How would you use these pans? I hate to see such nice pans go unused,
    so I thought I'd see if there's some use I'm overlooking. (Hmm...they
    are pretty....guess I could do some Martha-type centerpiece with a bunch
    of lemons in one of them or something...)

    Since I'm almost always cooking for only two, the 2-quart sizes are very
    useful. I have a large collection of Le Creuset and find that I use the
    smaller pieces most often. Casseroles, pot-roasting, slow-cooking either
    on stovetop or oven. I use a smallish skillet for southern cornbread.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    __________________________________________________________________
    And if we enter a room full of manure, may we believe in the pony.

  3. "Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun 01 Jan 2006 12:04:11a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Chris?

    Since I'm almost always cooking for only two, the 2-quart sizes are very
    useful. I have a large collection of Le Creuset and find that I use the
    smaller pieces most often. Casseroles, pot-roasting, slow-cooking either
    on stovetop or oven. I use a smallish skillet for southern cornbread.

    Maybe I'll have to start cutting those chuck roasts in half. I usually get
    a three pound roast, cook the whole thing, and then get sick of the
    leftovers. Might be better to cook half (I can use the two qt. Dutch oven,
    whoo whoo!) and freeze the other half to cook another time. I'm not really
    wild about freezing leftover pot roast -- the veggies (esp potatoes) don't
    seem to hold up well. Thanks Wayne, for that thought.

    Happy New Year!!

    C

  4. Chris said:

    I have 3 Le Creuset pans sitting in my cabinet, taking up space. They are
    smallish -- a 2-qt saucepan and a 2 qt. Dutch oven-type tying. And a
    small (8"?) frying pan with a grey coating on it (not sure whether it's a
    non-stick coating, or a promotes-browning coating).


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    How would you use these pans? I hate to see such nice pans go unused, so
    I thought I'd see if there's some use I'm overlooking. (Hmm...they are
    pretty....guess I could do some Martha-type centerpiece with a bunch of
    lemons in one of them or something...)

    I use my 2-quart saucepan to make improvised soups, but its perfect
    application is for hot chocolate.

    I use my 2-quart Dutch oven for stove-to-oven applications like pork chops
    with vegetables. It's also good for gumbos.

    The small skillet is a tougher call...maybe some kind of breakfast scramble,
    or for corbread as Wayne says.

    Bob

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.