le tour 2007 coverage

On 2007-06-26, a5hi5m (aka Bruce)

> For those of you who want to set up pvr/dvrs a bit early to avoid
> missing any of sbs's coverage .. dates and times listed here ..
>
> http://tdf.sbs.com.au/index.php?pid=tvschedule
>
> What i cant figure out is how much time to allow in order to miss Mr
> Gate and Mr Tomolaris before i start recording ..

Oh man, it's times like this... when I regret having a full time job.
Worse, I'm going to be on nights for 2 of those 3 weeks (bizaare
scheduling this month), and we don't have a TV nor reception in the
dome.

Hmmm, perhaps tape them in the lodge if they have SBS reception,
finish off the night, head back, rewind, crack open the single malt,
and watch until I fall asleep on the couch. Here's when I wish I had
my old computer working with the TV card. Just plug it in next to the
TV, and mpeg stream SBS to my laptop up in the control room. Hmmm,
ideas.

--
TimC
I don't know, but every time I look at a modern Intel schematic I think of a

On Jun 26, 12:12 pm, TimC <[email protected]
astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
> On 2007-06-26, a5hi5m (aka Bruce)
>

> > For those of you who want to set up pvr/dvrs a bit early to avoid
> > missing any of sbs's coverage .. dates and times listed here ..

> >http://tdf.sbs.com.au/index.php?pid=tvschedule

> > What i cant figure out is how much time to allow in order to miss Mr
> > Gate and Mr Tomolaris before i start recording ..

> Oh man, it's times like this... when I regret having a full time job.
> Worse, I'm going to be on nights for 2 of those 3 weeks (bizaare
> scheduling this month), and we don't have a TV nor reception in the
> dome.
>
> Hmmm, perhaps tape them in the lodge if they have SBS reception,
> finish off the night, head back, rewind, crack open the single malt,
> and watch until I fall asleep on the couch. Here's when I wish I had
> my old computer working with the TV card. Just plug it in next to the
> TV, and mpeg stream SBS to my laptop up in the control room. Hmmm,
> ideas.

It's called Tour Lag. Write off July .. I'm sleeping in.

a5hi5m wrote:
> For those of you who want to set up pvr/dvrs a bit early to avoid
> missing any of sbs's coverage .. dates and times listed here ..
>
> http://tdf.sbs.com.au/index.php?pid=tvschedule
>
> What i cant figure out is how much time to allow in order to miss Mr
> Gate and Mr Tomolaris before i start recording ..
>
> Ash

OK, so what happens in SA and WA? Is it delayed
in those states? There's got to be some advantage
to being 2 hours (plus 50 years) behind the East
coast.

If it is delayed, looks like I'll be heading down
to Bike Force Freo to watch it on the big screen...

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

TimC wrote:

> Oh man, it's times like this... when I regret having a full time job.
> Worse, I'm going to be on nights for 2 of those 3 weeks (bizaare
> scheduling this month), and we don't have a TV nor reception in the
> dome.

Sigh. I got permission from the missus to take a week off work so I
could stay up late and watch, but only if it was during school holidays.
But only the first week coincides with school hols. No Alps, no
Pyrenees. What's the point?

DaveB

DaveB <[email protected]> wrote:

> TimC wrote:
> >
> > Oh man, it's times like this... when I regret having a full time job.
> > Worse, I'm going to be on nights for 2 of those 3 weeks (bizaare
> > scheduling this month), and we don't have a TV nor reception in the
> > dome.

> Sigh. I got permission from the missus to take a week off work so I
> could stay up late and watch, but only if it was during school holidays.
> But only the first week coincides with school hols. No Alps, no
> Pyrenees. What's the point?
>
> DaveB

And it's guaranteed the kids will be up at 6am each day wanting to go to
the beach/fishing/movies/etc. No point at all.

On Jun 26, 10:55 am, DeF <""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au">
wrote:
> a5hi5m wrote:
> > For those of you who want to set up pvr/dvrs a bit early to avoid
> > missing any of sbs's coverage .. dates and times listed here ..

> >http://tdf.sbs.com.au/index.php?pid=tvschedule

> > What i cant figure out is how much time to allow in order to miss Mr
> > Gate and Mr Tomolaris before i start recording ..

> > Ash

> OK, so what happens in SA and WA? Is it delayed
> in those states? There's got to be some advantage
> to being 2 hours (plus 50 years) behind the East
> coast.
>
> If it is delayed, looks like I'll be heading down
> to Bike Force Freo to watch it on the big screen...
>
> DeF
>
> --
> e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
> To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

Just phoned SBS PR
They have confirmed that WA and SA/NT will get a live feed of the
stage. So this means we in WA get live coverage from say 23.00 (01.00
EST). So we miss half of the stage . There are nights when the
coverage starts earlier, so hopefully we wont get the Gabriel Guts-
ache padding.
Bike Force Freo is OK but they need to work their promotion. I have
heard nothing as yet.

gumby said:
Just phoned SBS PR
They have confirmed that WA and SA/NT will get a live feed of the
stage.

Have gander at the schedule, times are now shown for SA/NT/WA etc, so obviously that would be real time?

On 26 Giu, 03:20, a5hi5m <a5hi5m.2sr...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> For those of you who want to set up pvr/dvrs a bit early to avoid
> missing any of sbs's coverage .. dates and times listed here ..
>
> http://tdf.sbs.com.au/index.php?pid=tvschedule
>
> What i cant figure out is how much time to allow in order to miss Mr
> Gate and Mr Tomolaris before i start recording ..
>
> Ash
>
> --
> a5hi5m

Funnily enough, now that the missus and I have sorted which stages
we're likely to be at, I think we may actually see Tomalaris... Got a
start and a finish planned in our five stages on and around the Albi
TT. Watch for someone slapping the back of his head as he blathers at
phil or paul.

C'mon... anyone jealous?

On Jul 2, 1:24 pm, gplama <gplama.2t3...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> blah Wrote:
>
> > C'mon... anyone jealous?

> See you in Paris for the final stage? If you'll be there let me know!
>
> --
> gplama

Sorry, no. Our three months OS (best for bikes: Bruges in Belgium.
they rule the roads there. awesome) ends when we get back to Melbourne
on the 27th July. So I'll be watching the Paris stage with everyone
else on the couch late at night... sigh. You in France for long? We're
down south until the 22nd.