Leader Bikes: Any Feedback?

Umterp

Guest
Anyone have any information to share, good or bad?

Thanks,

Dave

[email protected] (UMTERP) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone have any information to share, good or bad?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

if you'd bothered to google you'd have come up with

http://www.cyclingfitness.com/ps/Leader.htm

...what's your interest in 'em? they look good, but I'd never seen one or heard of one before. But
then, I live a boring life, and ride unspectacular bikes, so there's a lot out there in bikiedom I
haven't yet seen....

-Luigi

> if you'd bothered to google you'd have come up with
>
> http://www.cyclingfitness.com/ps/Leader.htm

<Rant>

Arrgggghhhh!!!! Must resist urge to choke poster! Arrgggghhhh!!!!

Come on! The guy was simply asking if anyone here had experience with these frames. This is a bit
different than "should I go clipless?” I can see criticizing someone for repeating an
oft-asked question. It is always wise to do a groups search before posting.

Nothing on usenet pisses me off more than this "If you had bothered to google" ****. It is usually
followed by more condescending words about how to do a search and topped off with a completely
useless link. In this case it is typical Magazine ("This is the best thing ever made") review
drivel. I did a search on "Leader" and "Bikes" and got this as the fist link, as well a leader
themselves and numerous people who sell the bikes. This is not what the poster was looking for.

</Rant>

To the original poster: Refine your search to "Leader Bikes carbon" and you get this.
http://www.roadbikereview.com/Frames+and+Forks/Leader+Bike/MPL_10272_2493crx.aspx

www.roadbikereview.com is a good source to look to begin with, but be aware; roadbikereview.com and
it's cousin mtbreview.com tend to be filled with a lot of self validation for money spent.

-Dave

PS: I have no experience with the bikes.

[email protected] (Dave Stocker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > if you'd bothered to google you'd have come up with
> >
> > http://www.cyclingfitness.com/ps/Leader.htm
> >

> <Rant>
>
> Arrgggghhhh!!!! Must resist urge to choke poster! Arrgggghhhh!!!!

sorry. Ran out of coffee that morning, & had to make do with distilled usenet bitterness (q.v.
<www.userfriendly.org>)

> PS: I have no experience with the bikes.

...so that's all right then. *grin*

-Luigi

In article <[email protected]>, Dave Stocker
<[email protected]> wrote:
>www.roadbikereview.com is a good source to look to begin with, but be aware; roadbikereview.com and
>it's cousin mtbreview.com tend to be filled with a lot of self validation for money spent.

In fact I think I have never ever read a useful review on one of those sites, they're completely
worthless in my experience.

Originally posted by Paul Southworth
<[email protected]> wrote:
>www.roadbikereview.com is a good source to look to begin with, but be aware; roadbikereview.com and
>it's cousin mtbreview.com tend to be filled with a lot of self validation for money spent.

In fact I think I have never ever read a useful review on one of those sites, they're completely
worthless in my experience.

I have a leader T6 frame with a Campy Veloce group. I'm very happy for the $100 I spent on it. Hourglass seat stays , teardrop profile tubes ...a little heavy. The styling of the things is where they're a little off. Their logo has these sort of heavy metal AC/DC looking letters and the welds are kind of chunky. They run a little small for the average rider but that works for me at 5'4" with a 50 cm frame. They ride pretty stable and are very responsive. Not bad for the small outlay of currency.

It will keep me riding while I save up some money for a Ti bike with a record group.