Leader Bikes: Any Feedback?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Umterp, May 5, 2003.

  1. Umterp

    Umterp Guest

    Anyone have any information to share, good or bad?

    Thanks,

    Dave

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (UMTERP) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone have any information to share, good or bad?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave

    if you'd bothered to google you'd have come up with

    http://www.cyclingfitness.com/ps/Leader.htm

    ...what's your interest in 'em? they look good, but I'd never seen one or heard of one before. But
    then, I live a boring life, and ride unspectacular bikes, so there's a lot out there in bikiedom I
    haven't yet seen....

    -Luigi

  3. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    > if you'd bothered to google you'd have come up with
    >
    > http://www.cyclingfitness.com/ps/Leader.htm

    <Rant>

    Arrgggghhhh!!!! Must resist urge to choke poster! Arrgggghhhh!!!!

    Come on! The guy was simply asking if anyone here had experience with these frames. This is a bit
    different than "should I go clipless?” I can see criticizing someone for repeating an
    oft-asked question. It is always wise to do a groups search before posting.

    Nothing on usenet pisses me off more than this "If you had bothered to google" crap. It is usually
    followed by more condescending words about how to do a search and topped off with a completely
    useless link. In this case it is typical Magazine ("This is the best thing ever made") review
    drivel. I did a search on "Leader" and "Bikes" and got this as the fist link, as well a leader
    themselves and numerous people who sell the bikes. This is not what the poster was looking for.

    </Rant>

    To the original poster: Refine your search to "Leader Bikes carbon" and you get this.
    http://www.roadbikereview.com/Frames+and+Forks/Leader+Bike/MPL_10272_2493crx.aspx

    www.roadbikereview.com is a good source to look to begin with, but be aware; roadbikereview.com and
    it's cousin mtbreview.com tend to be filled with a lot of self validation for money spent.

    -Dave

    PS: I have no experience with the bikes.

  4. [email protected] (Dave Stocker) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > if you'd bothered to google you'd have come up with
    > >
    > > http://www.cyclingfitness.com/ps/Leader.htm
    > >

    > <Rant>
    >
    > Arrgggghhhh!!!! Must resist urge to choke poster! Arrgggghhhh!!!!

    sorry. Ran out of coffee that morning, & had to make do with distilled usenet bitterness (q.v.
    <www.userfriendly.org>)

    > PS: I have no experience with the bikes.

    ...so that's all right then. *grin*

    -Luigi

  5. In article <[email protected]>, Dave Stocker
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >www.roadbikereview.com is a good source to look to begin with, but be aware; roadbikereview.com and
    >it's cousin mtbreview.com tend to be filled with a lot of self validation for money spent.

    In fact I think I have never ever read a useful review on one of those sites, they're completely
    worthless in my experience.

  6. dr.doodlebug

    dr.doodlebug New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2003

    I have a leader T6 frame with a Campy Veloce group. I'm very happy for the $100 I spent on it. Hourglass seat stays , teardrop profile tubes ...a little heavy. The styling of the things is where they're a little off. Their logo has these sort of heavy metal AC/DC looking letters and the welds are kind of chunky. They run a little small for the average rider but that works for me at 5'4" with a 50 cm frame. They ride pretty stable and are very responsive. Not bad for the small outlay of currency.

    It will keep me riding while I save up some money for a Ti bike with a record group.