Leadville..Ouch!

"Tom Purvis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >I am pretty "Gravitational Challenged" also. Look for me.
>>I will be wearing a jersey with a picture of the monument
>>on it. On a blue cannondale prophet.

> The Colo National Monument? Where'd you get it?
>
> So, I take it you live over in Grand Junkyard. I hope to be
> getting over that way to ride sometime this month. I'll let
> you know if that comes to pass. Maybe we can ride.
> --
> Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

Grand Malfunction. They are cleaning up the 5th street bridge area to make
way for the new parkway. Soon the 29 rd bridge will be open, and there will
be another way to get accross the river.

TJ

TJ wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > TJ wrote:
> >
> >> On a blue cannondale prophet.

> > How much did Ashley pay you to ride that out of his shop?
> >
> > JD
> >

> I voluntarily rode it out. I like the way it rides, and all that other made
> in the USA patriotic stuff. I like it. It is a good ride. I had to put on
> a King rear wheel though. The Mavic hub just wouldn't hold up.

You friggin' squiddly diddly patriot freak! You could ride a beer can
with wheels on technical and make it look good (Cannondale?). Your
nose-wheelie down FOI's steepest section is an idelible image in my
feeble mind. At least you dumped the Mavic POS. It took you a while
to learn reeeel gud about hubs, but it sounds like you're done learning
that lesson. Now if we could only get you off of that road bike...

JD

> TJ wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > How much did Ashley pay you to ride that out of his shop?
>> >
>> > JD
>> >

>> I voluntarily rode it out. I like the way it rides, and all that other
>> made
>> in the USA patriotic stuff. I like it. It is a good ride. I had to put
>> on
>> a King rear wheel though. The Mavic hub just wouldn't hold up.

> You friggin' squiddly diddly patriot freak! You could ride a beer can
> with wheels on technical and make it look good (Cannondale?). Your
> nose-wheelie down FOI's steepest section is an idelible image in my
> feeble mind. At least you dumped the Mavic POS. It took you a while
> to learn reeeel gud about hubs, but it sounds like you're done learning
> that lesson. Now if we could only get you off of that road bike...
>
> JD

Funny you should mention that. I feel like road biking has sucked all, if
any of my MTB riding skills out of my body. It is like whoa...You mean I
have to shift going up this hill. Oh ****, now I have to wheelie to get
over that rock. Damn, should have been behind the seat on that descent. It
is kind of like going mountainbiking for the first time again, and again,
and again.

I hope all is well with you.

TJ

TJ wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > TJ wrote:
> >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> I voluntarily rode it out. I like the way it rides, and all that other
> >> made
> >> in the USA patriotic stuff. I like it. It is a good ride. I had to put
> >> on
> >> a King rear wheel though. The Mavic hub just wouldn't hold up.

> > You friggin' squiddly diddly patriot freak! You could ride a beer can
> > with wheels on technical and make it look good (Cannondale?). Your
> > nose-wheelie down FOI's steepest section is an idelible image in my
> > feeble mind. At least you dumped the Mavic POS. It took you a while
> > to learn reeeel gud about hubs, but it sounds like you're done learning
> > that lesson. Now if we could only get you off of that road bike...
> >
> > JD
> >

> Funny you should mention that. I feel like road biking has sucked all, if
> any of my MTB riding skills out of my body. It is like whoa...You mean I
> have to shift going up this hill. Oh ****, now I have to wheelie to get
> over that rock. Damn, should have been behind the seat on that descent. It
> is kind of like going mountainbiking for the first time again, and again,
> and again.
>
> I hope all is well with you.

I had a run with no technical and then hit a trail with some. Five
minutes of shimmying and shaking and all was well.

All is well and the kiddo says hi to your dudes.

JD