General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Leafy Greens Blend from Ready Pac

Started by Hannah Gruen · · Last activity · 4 posts · 333 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 December 2005
Last activity
16 December 2005
Original author
Hannah Gruen
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
333
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm in love with this stuff. I've been buying it at Trader Joe's. It's one
    of those bagged mix of greens for cooking and includes spinach, chard, and
    "other leafy greens" with crisp shredded carrots and red cabbage. The amount
    of carrot and cabbage is very minor - just enough for a bit of color. The
    greens are young and tender and cook very quickly, and the flavor is very
    nice. The label gives the carb content for the whole bag at 9 g, with 6 g
    fiber - very low. It's the best greens blend I've ever found.

    Tonight, for one serving, I sauteed some onion, cubed paneer cheese, and a
    sliced cilantro chicken sausage in a little olive oil. When nicely browned,
    I added some diced garlic and a handful of chinese-style pea pods, covered
    and cooked for a minute. Then I stirred and added half a bag of the greens
    mix, and cooked for several minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. I
    seasoned with a little salt and flaked red pepper. Very, very good. Plus,
    very very easy and I feel quite virtuous about eating my greens.

    HG

  2. Come over and make my dinner 🙂

    ~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX
    "Hannah Gruen" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm in love with this stuff. I've been buying it at Trader Joe's. It's one
    of those bagged mix of greens for cooking and includes spinach, chard, and
    "other leafy greens" with crisp shredded carrots and red cabbage. The
    amount of carrot and cabbage is very minor - just enough for a bit of
    color. The greens are young and tender and cook very quickly, and the
    flavor is very nice. The label gives the carb content for the whole bag at
    9 g, with 6 g fiber - very low. It's the best greens blend I've ever
    found.

    Tonight, for one serving, I sauteed some onion, cubed paneer cheese, and a
    sliced cilantro chicken sausage in a little olive oil. When nicely
    browned, I added some diced garlic and a handful of chinese-style pea
    pods, covered and cooked for a minute. Then I stirred and added half a bag
    of the greens mix, and cooked for several minutes, covered, stirring
    occasionally. I seasoned with a little salt and flaked red pepper. Very,
    very good. Plus, very very easy and I feel quite virtuous about eating my
    greens.

    HG

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Hannah Gruen said:

    I'm in love with this stuff. I've been buying it at Trader Joe's. It's one
    of those bagged mix of greens for cooking and includes spinach, chard, and
    "other leafy greens" with crisp shredded carrots and red cabbage. The amount
    of carrot and cabbage is very minor - just enough for a bit of color. The
    greens are young and tender and cook very quickly, and the flavor is very
    nice. The label gives the carb content for the whole bag at 9 g, with 6 g
    fiber - very low. It's the best greens blend I've ever found.

    Tonight, for one serving, I sauteed some onion, cubed paneer cheese, and a
    sliced cilantro chicken sausage in a little olive oil. When nicely browned,
    I added some diced garlic and a handful of chinese-style pea pods, covered
    and cooked for a minute. Then I stirred and added half a bag of the greens
    mix, and cooked for several minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. I
    seasoned with a little salt and flaked red pepper. Very, very good. Plus,
    very very easy and I feel quite virtuous about eating my greens.

    I see someone beat me to it on this topic. I bought and cooked them for
    the first time last week -- YUM!

    I defrosted and baked a little halibut steak (also from TJ's) which I
    accompanied by the jacket from a baked potato (with butter pats
    inserted) and half a bag of the aforementioned mixed greens, sauteed
    quickly in olive oil to which a little minced garlic had been added.
    What a fine dinner! And it felt very sophisticated. :-)

    Priscilla, back to Trader Joe's tomorrow

  4. Priscilla H. Ballou said:

    I see someone beat me to it on this topic. I bought and cooked them
    for the first time last week -- YUM!

    I defrosted and baked a little halibut steak (also from TJ's) which I
    accompanied by the jacket from a baked potato (with butter pats
    inserted) and half a bag of the aforementioned mixed greens, sauteed
    quickly in olive oil to which a little minced garlic had been added.
    What a fine dinner! And it felt very sophisticated. :-)

    Priscilla, back to Trader Joe's tomorrow

    I think I'll try an olive oil 'n garlic saute this weekend, since I was at
    TJ's yesterday and picked up another bag. This is just the *best* greens
    blend I've ever tried. Glad it's not just me. 8-)

    HG

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.