Leaky cycling shades with a deviated septum

cloudhead

Jul 8, 2010
I have a dumb question... My adventurous life has caused me to break my nose more than once, resulting in a bit of deviation. And because of it, speeds above 30mph cause air to leak through the glasses' nosepiece and cause one eye to water up...not good.

Just wondering if anyone else whos had a faceplant or 2 might have a solution for this.

Thanks!

-Court

Originally Posted by cloudhead .

I have a dumb question... My adventurous life has caused me to break my nose more than once, resulting in a bit of deviation. And because of it, speeds above 30mph cause air to leak through the glasses' nosepiece and cause one eye to water up...not good.

Just wondering if anyone else whos had a faceplant or 2 might have a solution for this.

Thanks!

-Court
Yup. My nose is pushed off to one side. Get glasses with bendable nose pieces and lenses with large coverage. It's the best you can do. I don't have the eye watering issue.

Consider wearing goggles to minimize the wind in your eye(s).

Originally Posted by cloudhead .

Thanks for the replies!! By chance any of you know good brands to look into?
There are loads. I like Rudy Project stuff. I'm sure others will chime in with their favorites.

Originally Posted by tafi .

+1 for Rudys but they are pricey.
All bike stuff is expensive in the Antipodes! You and New Zealand need to get together to start a war against insane pricing. You guys are getting the stinky end of the stick.

Rudy's do last, though. I've had my Kerosene's for 5+ years.