rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Learner with tired legs wants advice

Started by 1mthead · · Last activity · 5 posts · 619 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
3 September 2004
Last activity
8 September 2004
Original author
1mthead
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
619
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After a few weeks of intermittent practise I can now 100m + regularly.
    But the thing that stops me now is tired legs - not loosing my
    balance.

    Is this down to technique and something I can expect to go away in
    time or is there something fundamental that I'm doing wrong?

    I cycle everday so my legs are working fine otherwise.

    mt

  2. "1mthead" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    After a few weeks of intermittent practise I can now 100m + regularly.
    But the thing that stops me now is tired legs - not loosing my
    balance.

    SIT !!!!

    Naomi ;-)

  3. check while you are riding and see what is supporting your
    weight....your seat or your legs......relax and take a seat

    [email hidden] (1mthead) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    After a few weeks of intermittent practise I can now 100m + regularly.
    But the thing that stops me now is tired legs - not loosing my
    balance.

    Is this down to technique and something I can expect to go away in
    time or is there something fundamental that I'm doing wrong?

    I cycle everday so my legs are working fine otherwise.

    mt

  4. Naomi said:

    SIT !!!!

    That's it! A common beginners thing is to put too much weight on the
    pedals, so your feet are fighting each other. Consciously sitting,
    i.e. putting weight in the seat, and more riding experience will cure
    this. Success!

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    "The more you think, the less you have to do. - Leo Vandewoestijne"

  5. Thanks for the help folks.

    I have learnt to freemount over the weekend, this has helped me to go
    further afield and my technique is getting better. I am travelling
    further, though stoll getting tired legs, I can feel a gradual
    improvement.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.