learning progress

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by francistorker, Mar 18, 2006.

  1. Tags:

  2. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

  3. dan de man

    dan de man Guest

    was able to ride skakly though and no tricks yet

    --
    dan de man

    the second maori unicyclist on this forum (the first being
    unicyclistjoe)hehehe i can imagine myself doing a unihaka before a
    unihokey game
    dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

  4. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

  5. chimpo

    chimpo Guest

  6. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    it was kinda hit and miss with me...i could mount with the assistance of
    a pole and ride until i was tired out most times. but sometimes it just
    wouldnt go...but dont guage yourself by how we were doing...everyone
    learns at their own pace.

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !

    written by me

  7. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

  8. Trapper

    Trapper Guest

  9. irvinegr

    irvinegr Guest

  10. remus

    remus Guest

    ummmm, i could ride reasonably well althoug i would fall off every now
    and then.

    Kepp going btw, stuff starts to get very fun when you can hop and are a
    bit more confident.

    rem

    --
    remus

    keep smiling, it makes people wander what your up to.:D
    remus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11870

  11. Bud-Litebulb

    Bud-Litebulb Guest

    after 2 weeks I could ride about 100 nyards
    it was so sweeeeeet!
    sometimes, the learning process, i think, was the best part of riding
    the unicycle.
    still can do hops, or any tricks, but that is not the reason I ride. i
    ride to ride around my neighborhood, like others ride bikes.

    --
    Bud-Litebulb
    Bud-Litebulb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11880

  12. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    I could ride for about 6 blocks before having to get off, could turn
    easily either way, go off curbs, do very light muni, and self mount
    everytime

    --
    Jerrick

    What would you do to me if i was passed out on your bed? o.0

  13. Bud-Litebulb wrote:
    > after 2 weeks I could ride about 100 nyards
    > it was so sweeeeeet!
    > sometimes, the learning process, i think, was the best part of riding
    > the unicycle.

    I'd have to second that. I look back fondly at the initial stages of
    learning to ride. That continued persistance of falling off and
    getting back on for hours on end was amazingly fun. Then it was
    completely -awesome- when I could finally ride across the parking lot.

    Now it's still fun, but it's not as new and fresh as it was in the
    beginning.

    And to answer the actual question, after two weeks I was able to
    freemount, ride for a couple of blocks, shakily turn, do some tiny
    little hops, and maybe go off a smaller curb on a good day.

    --
    LikeableRodent
    LikeableRodent's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10154

  14. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

  15. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 00:03:55 -0600, francistorker wrote:

    >hey-
    >i feel that i need a progress check. where should i be (where were
    >you?) at about 2 weeks (around 20 total hours) of riding?

    Some kind of progress check can be found here:

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/talent.htm