Learning Small Spins...

SkierAlex

Guest
Basically, should I learn body varials in the direction I unispin first
or should I just try rotate as much as I can when I unispin and
eventually I'll be able to get right round. How did other people learn
them?

Thanks very much.

--
SkierAlex

Granted, I can only do 180 unispins so far, but I just tried jumping up,
getting my legs out of the way, spinning the uni 180, and getting my
feet on the cranks (not the pedals)... You're about half my age, so
you'll prolly have 360's down within a month if you keep practicing
(the most important part).

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/

SkierAlex wrote:
> How did other people learn them?
> .

You can try learning Smallspin jump mounts. They are pretty easy. Click
on the Smallspin trophy in my signature, I do a "practice" Smallspin
mount, I think it helped a lot.

--
agentQ

'*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFMXG116BE)
'*)---TreFlip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT0YFDgmz4)
'*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)

agentQ wrote:
> You can try learning Smallspin jump mounts. They are pretty easy. Click
> on the Smallspin trophy in my signature, I do a "practice" Smallspin
> mount, I think it helped a lot.

K thanks, will do.

--
SkierAlex

Okay I was bored. Here is a break down of a Smallspin mount. Why, you
ask, did I not break down the actual Smallspin?
Well this shows all the same movements(timing is a little different)
but is bit slower and shows the movements more, plus it is a great way
to start warming up for the real thing. After about 5 of these you
should have a feel for how the Smallspin will go down. Its a pretty
easy trick, and I remember is being very fun to learn.

Hope this helps:
1.Clear you mind think about what your about to do. -- 2. Start spining
the uni getting your other hand ready to catch the saddle / start to
spin your upper body with the unicycle, think about aiming your
sholder.
26375 26376
3.Now you are leaving the ground, jumping and leting your lower body
follow your shoulders. -- 4. you are in the air you body should be
about half way around and your non spinning hand should be catching the
seat. The 180 unispin should be about done by now, your upper and lower
body should be pretty even and setting up for the landing.
26377 26378
5.Now you are ready to stomp the landing, look for the pedals, at this
point your lower body may have to spin ahead of your upper body so you
can catch the pedals. -- 6. Line up your shoulders with your wheel
should be the exact opposite way from you started, not 90, or 130.
STOMP that landing and pedal away smooth.
26379 26380

-Sam

|Filename: Picture 27.png |