Learning the proper pacing for your body’s capacity

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
It’s just sad that I was not able to join many long rides but I can say that my riding was somehow fruitful. This occurred to me yesterday about the pacing of cyclists. I have been watching the Asian Games on tv and the 5k meters marathon caught my attention. The Japanese pulled away early in the race but faltered in midway. I thought she was already spent but later on she came back again although her effort was not good for a medal. Maybe the Japanese runner had trained in the wrong way?

It’s just sad that I was not able to join many long rides but I can say that my riding was somehow fruitful. This occurred to me yesterday about the pacing of cyclists. I have been watching the Asian Games on tv and the 5k meters marathon caught my attention. The Japanese pulled away early in the race but faltered in midway. I thought she was already spent but later on she came back again although her effort was not good for a medal. Maybe the Japanese runner had trained in the wrong way?

I don't know. But I have a relaxed pacing. I prefer leisurely rides because I don't like exerting myself while riding. I'm more of a recreational rider. Maybe the person didn't have the capacity to go further in the marathon. :)