Learsport, are they any good?

cb1967 said:
If it is firstly an online dealer then they are not very good. There are quite a few more options in bikes at the factory shop than are advertised online.
I certainly wouldn't classify them as an online shop.
Also, you can usually you get an online discount from a brick shop....at Learsport you get a huge discount from just walking in. You are literally told to ignore any listed price...including those on the website.
Got my Learsport through Borsasi Cycles and could not be happier. They fitted me properly for the bike, changed stem, adujusted seat etc etc. Bike is superb, never had any problems at all, but then it was setup and pre-serviced properly.
The risk of buying online is that you only get what is "out of the box", no individual set up include (obviously).
Given the price, the value of the componentry was greatly superior to any other reputable brand. Ie FULL Tiagra/105/Ultegra groupsets with no compromise in the lesser known components.
BTW, I did receive a discount on the Learsport listed price so a winner all round.

Satisfied learsport customer who would strongly recommend them, although would advise going via an LBS rather than on line.

jur said:
Absolute rubbish. A quick comparison of their site to say Cecil Walker's reveals that their site is rudimentary at best, and out of date so not actively maintained. If they relied on that "first and foremost", well good luck to them. Do you have any sales data to support that supposition? I suspect not.

How parts are put together does not necessarily make the whole bad quality; an over-tightened BB while clearly not desirable won't fall out, and breaking chains are not the exclusive domain of learsport. My bike had the FD cable insufficiently tightened; quality control can be improved bucketloads but again the bikes are not bad quality because of all these points. If you are the sort of rider who can not and does not maintain their own bike, then yes, perhaps these guys should be avoided, or buy a Learsport for the same price through Cecil Walker who will give you all the necessary after sales service.

kwityerfactfreebellyachin.
you like to believe your own propaganda I see...and can't see wood for matchsticks

Cecil Walker is the retail front for one of Australia's largest on-line bike/accessories retailers, they just have a formula that makes theirs work...their back end is efficient...Learsports it seems is deficient, as so many who have dealt with that back end have testified here...it is a different story for retailers who do the assembly and back up their service, so they in fact provide their back end to their retail front to help avoid the pitfalls that occur from Learsports' own online and factory outlets.

The question has been asked, answers have flooded in and the consensus steer towards the retailers if you seriously see Learsport as value, cos the experience dealing with the back end at Learsport isnt a happy one, and sure their components are not in question, it is what Learsport do with them or fail to do properly that the complaints lay.

The retailer/dealers have their own reputations at stake and will surely use professional standards in assembly and apply knowledge skill and experience as riders, racers and repairers to ensure they do it right ( well that is what we expect of them and generally what most LBS's would aspire to do), and that is certainly the experience here from Borsari and Walkers...but they do not overcome the too common experience of those who have dealt with Learsport direct...that is where the problem is and they (learsport Direct) think that if they make it low price you will overlook their shortcomings.

if its cheap...it is!

thanks rooman

I just want to say this why does it make you more better as a retailer to drastically reduce stock ?

walk in my warehouse were i dont take the time to set the shop up for customers
ill just put the bike here

ill just write the price in texta on some crappy cardboard

no need for expert advice just walk in point and ill take 6 million dollars of this bike right now cause i reckon your tops!

why not sell the product at fixed price

why becasue they have fifty million sub 50 dollar frames with expensive items such as shimano and alike

why

because that as clive owen so deftly put it is the rub

you dont have to deal with shimano AUS or anyone else that has there componentry on the sub 50dollar frame because some 1dollar an hour person puts your bike together in another country.

anyone who for one second thinks that because you bought your jeersport from a lbs is comparable to the rubbish that they sold me at lidcombe warehouse needs to take a good look at themselves.

lbs's as rooman pointed out are there for the customer and will do anything that they can to fix it.

JUR

SHOULD NOT THIS BE PRONOUNCED JURK

after one month of riding on bike lanes

NOT competitively or freestyling with dave mirra
NOT trying to race in a triathalon
should i be expecting that my bike will break because i need it serviced every two seconds.

for the love!

if i have a broken part due to the LBS's installation and then try to get a resolution from that same LBS why for the love of BERYL should i have to argue with the seller over pissy parts i could do it myself IF IT WAS ME who was at fault but as i have teid to explain that it was there poor workmanship not mine i bought the bikeon the net and picked it up at teh store fully assembled ready to ride.

according to JURK if it breaks after the money has exchanged hands thats it folks shows over.

JURK i think you should take your commission from JEERSPORT
and with the money go and buy a real bike.

myonlyresponseistowritereallyclosetogetherwithnospacesimreallysmart

rooman said:
The retailer/dealers have their own reputations at stake and will surely use professional standards in assembly and apply knowledge skill and experience as riders, racers and repairers to ensure they do it right ( well that is what we expect of them and generally what most LBS's would aspire to do), and that is certainly the experience here from Borsari and Walkers...but they do not overcome the too common experience of those who have dealt with Learsport direct...that is where the problem is and they (learsport Direct) think that if they make it low price you will overlook their shortcomings.
I don't want to weigh in about Learsport here (no personal experience), but I am not sure from your post if you differentiate Learsport Direct from the LBSs that sell Learsport bikes in terms of setup/checking. In Melbourne, they are sold by a quite few shops (maybe I should not go into specifics but you can see them at http://www.learsport.com.au/view_doc.php?view_doc=3 and http://www.azzurri.com.au/dealers.html). Do you think a buyer would generally do better (in terms of setup and support) purchasing from these stores than from the "factory outlet"?

Jeytown said:
the bikes are ****
the staff are ****
the options on the **** bikes are well ****
Are you really saying the bikes are ****, or just the company? I can't see how the frames could be any worse than most of the gazillion other tigged Asian frames out there, which do at least a serviceable job.

531Aussie said:
Are you really saying the bikes are ****, or just the company? I can't see how the frames could be any worse than most of the gazillion other tigged Asian frames out there, which do at least a serviceable job.
The Jeytown posts are obviously a troll and we fell for it. His ignorance is blazingly obvious.

rooman said:
you like to believe your own propaganda I see...and can't see wood for matchsticks

Cecil Walker is the retail front for one of Australia's largest on-line bike/accessories retailers, they just have a formula that makes theirs work...their back end is efficient...Learsports it seems is deficient, as so many who have dealt with that back end have testified here...it is a different story for retailers who do the assembly and back up their service, so they in fact provide their back end to their retail front to help avoid the pitfalls that occur from Learsports' own online and factory outlets.

The question has been asked, answers have flooded in and the consensus steer towards the retailers if you seriously see Learsport as value, cos the experience dealing with the back end at Learsport isnt a happy one, and sure their components are not in question, it is what Learsport do with them or fail to do properly that the complaints lay.

if its cheap...it is!
blah blah blah...

Look Rooman I don't have an issue with what you said except your ungrounded statement that Learsport is firts an online biz... if you can't substantiate that then pipe down already. I'm not the only one who called BS on your personal opinion... go on believing it if you must but quit preaching it. Let's stick to hard facts.

jur said:
blah blah blah...

Look Rooman I don't have an issue with what you said except your ungrounded statement that Learsport is firts an online biz... if you can't substantiate that then pipe down already. I'm not the only one who called BS on your personal opinion... go on believing it if you must but quit preaching it. Let's stick to hard facts.
\

res ipsa loquitur

jur said:
The Jeytown posts are obviously a troll and we fell for it. His ignorance is blazingly obvious.
maybe, maybe not...exuberance often cannot be tempered by newbies...but the point is clear in Jeytown's posts that the claimed experience with the Learsport back end wasnt a good one...that expereince is consistent with others statements here and information that comes to me on the fight between Learsports and its business model of pushing its own barrow over that of its distributors.

Again, havnt seen the internal figures, but the information that filters through and is quite apparent from the simple presence of Learsports as an online and factory seller first ( as per its web site) and then lower priority reference to its dealership re-inforces the view they are in direct competition with their own distributors...have a high discount policy and a low service satisfaction level, and as stated, aim for turnover on price over standards.
That is the basis of their business model, they are not about to change it and therefore the ongoing low customer satisfaction with bikes sourced from them on line and from their own clearance outlets will add to the growing dismay.

The dealers are competing directly and rely on their initial low wholesale price and (hopefully) volume to make it work for them. They have a local reputation to protect and in the main do so.

The formula of a low price with name components is a sound one, but to make it work in the long term, requires a business model that addresses customer satisfaction through whole of life. This may come when a distributor is the retailer, , however it is clear on the issues here that learsport do not have that ideal at the forefront in their own back end. If they were not first and foremost and internet/direct selling organisation they would remove the online sales from Learsport and direct you to their distributor/dealers.

Nothing wrong with offering a good product at a low cost, and healthy competition is the basis of our society. But not standing behind your product with sound assembly and professional service results in these discussions being aired. The comments by Jaytown, though not eloquent or polite , still show a high level of dissatisfaction, which we cannot say hasn't taken place .

Whether it has or hasnt isnt all that relevant, what is important is that this thread has aired views that show smoke in Learsport's back end among consumers which is consistent with the knowledge in the industry, and shows learsport arn't that good in the customer service department and rely too heavily on price as their catalyst to sales and hope the buyers will then go off and see their LBS's for ongoing through life service ( which is fine) but which starts out at an LBS trying to fix Learsport's assembly shortcomings.

They can easily add credibility to their product and re-inforce dealer loyalty by changing their business model...that won't happen under the present regime...

enough already...marketing and customer loyalty 101 ends here!

next?

I am happy with the actual bike, but admit freely that I couldn't wait to get it out of their shop and out of reach of their inept mechie's hands... :D I gave it good once-over to make sure I wasn't going to crash while riding it. Less experienced riders should perhaps stay away...

I not sure what a troll is

but i have got a feeling that its not an affectionate term ?

let me just say this.

i do not own or am i affiliated with anybody

in a corporate sense when it comes to bicycles

i just have this thing when i see companies like JEERSPORT and the like that the time spent on there shop at lidcombe was nothing that said to me i value your buisness.

i understand that people have great things to say about them
im sure there are equally the same amount of people that can say the same exact words about the LEYLAND P76 and DAEWOO CIELO

but if there are customers who dislike there product becasue of the way in which we were treated by the seller of that product then i feel i can justly and reliably say that this is there problem

they do not value the customer at all as far as i can tell there only there to push a product inferior or not

yes i freely admit there is a gazzillion bikes that have been tigged in taiwan but if the bike dealer cant give a brass razoo about me then i will take my buisness elsewhere and i will freely state that wherever i go that Jeersport should be given a wide berth.

sure they probably would turn out to sell great bikes if they sorted there customer relations out but this does not seem a great priority for them

finally bieng newbie i realise that there should be some rules i must know but i have the problem of bieng too eager and that sometimes is my undoing

other than that

it is not my intention to decieve or cause unnecessary displeasure in continuing a discussion thread i just feel that to express is part of a democratic right.

Hey Guys

When i bought my bike from Learsport I initially looked at their website but decided to call the store in Bayswater.

I was offered a decent discount as we were buying 2 bikes.

The problem that I had was that the bike that was delivered didn't have the same specifications as that on the website. The bike in question was depicted with Shimano R550 rims and even stated so in the specifications. The bike was delivered with R500 rims.

When I called to query/complain I was told it was bad luck, and then given various run arounds under the sun. It wasn't until 3 days later when I arrived on the showroom floor was this issue rectified.

The explanation was that the web page was old, they very rarely do sales via the internet, and they would change the website ASAP to reflect what specifications they are shipping the bike with.

That process of updating their website took around 4 weeks. Mind you the Learsport 8000 is still depicted with R550 wheels, but the specifications state R500 wheels now.

The bike itself is perfect for my needs. I've had no issues other than a poorly setup rear deraileur which is easy fixed.

Other than that, its a great bike for the price and is serving me well.

Cheers
Ant

WrxAnt said:
When I called to query/complain I was told it was bad luck, and then given various run arounds under the sun. It wasn't until 3 days later when I arrived on the showroom floor was this issue rectified.

The explanation was that the web page was old, they very rarely do sales via the internet, and they would change the website ASAP to reflect what specifications they are shipping the bike with.

That process of updating their website took around 4 weeks. Mind you the Learsport 8000 is still depicted with R550 wheels, but the specifications state R500 wheels now.
they have a reputation of telling you whatever they like that fits the moment...they can't fix a bike, or tell the truth ...seems plausible and consistent they can't fix their website either.

last from me , I am over Learsport

ciao