Learsport/Azzurri steerer length

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by suzyj, May 20, 2006.

  1. suzyj

    suzyj New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    Hi kids,

    A friend is contemplating buying a Learsport 8000/Azzurri Primo. He's a big lad (about 192cm). It would appear that the XL frame is a reasonable fit with about 5cm of spacers between the stem and headset. We're concerned that the steerer will be long enough.

    The XL fram's headtube is 210mm, plus 50mm for spacers, 20mm odd for headset, and 40mm odd for stem, that makes 320mm (+/- 10mm or so).

    So does anyone know off-hand what the uncut steerer length on Azzurri forks is?

    Cheers,

    Suzy

    Tags:

  2. DeF

    DeF Guest

    531Aussie wrote:
    > says here the Azzurri head-tube is 200mm
    >
    > http://www.azzurri.com.au/tech.html

    That's the head tube height, not the length of
    the steerer (it varies from 105mm for SML to
    200 for XLG).

    Doesn't the LBS have an answer to this question?

    DeF.

    --
    e-mail: [email protected] finger.murdoch.edu.au
    To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

  3. 531Aussie

    531Aussie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2004
    Messages:
    12,606
    Just after I posted the link I noticed it was for the carbon frames, which is why I deleted the post.