learsport

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darryl Sheather

Looking for a new road bike and noticed the learsport bikes seem to be rather well specced for the
price, I'm presuming (maybe wrongly) that their frames don't live up to the sum of their parts.

Anyone with any comments??

Yes, I was wondering about that too. I think that theres some good evidence to back up the bike- a) there's a decent warranty on the frame and b) there's a 30 day money back guarantee.

That said, I'd be reluctant to buy a bike, no matter the value, without being able to test ride it first. Melbourne's a long way from Canberra and Sydney.

Etxy

Yes, I too looked at Learsport, and was taken by the price and running gear. I've been interested in
the Lear 8500 & 9000 for some time now.

So I thought I would try them out, but didn't want to outlay too much so I bought the dual
suspension mountain bike - BW 3000.

I ride to work everyday - I could not be happier!

But a road bike is different somehow - I need to touch it, feel the length, sit and ride the
thing. Have the guy fit it to me, be able to add and subtract bits and pieces, and I can't over
the internet - because they won't allow you to do that. Recently a mate went to one of the shops
either in Sydney or Canberra and said the finished product didn't look that good and was worried
about the frame.

I want someone to buy one and tell us all about it!

So ... yes it looks good but I'm just a little old fashioned and want to play with the thing
before I buy.

Peter

"Darryl Sheather" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BAD1C23B.3B7E%[email protected]...
> Looking for a new road bike and noticed the learsport bikes seem to be rather well specced for the
> price, I'm presuming (maybe wrongly) that
their
> frames don't live up to the sum of their parts.
>
> Anyone with any comments??

Originally posted by Peter
Yes, I too looked at Learsport, and was taken by the price and running gear. I've been interested in
the Lear 8500 & 9000 for some time now.

So I thought I would try them out, but didn't want to outlay too much so I bought the dual
suspension mountain bike - BW 3000.

I ride to work everyday - I could not be happier!

But a road bike is different somehow - I need to touch it, feel the length, sit and ride the
thing. Have the guy fit it to me, be able to add and subtract bits and pieces, and I can't over
the internet - because they won't allow you to do that. Recently a mate went to one of the shops
either in Sydney or Canberra and said the finished product didn't look that good and was worried
about the frame.

I want someone to buy one and tell us all about it!

So ... yes it looks good but I'm just a little old fashioned and want to play with the thing
before I buy.

Peter

"Darryl Sheather" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BAD1C23B.3B7E%[email protected]...
> Looking for a new road bike and noticed the learsport bikes seem to be rather well specced for the
> price, I'm presuming (maybe wrongly) that
their
> frames don't live up to the sum of their parts.
>
> Anyone with any comments??
:) :)

I've just brought a TR 2430 and could not be happier. I got to admit that I am new to the off road riding, but it is a great bike, especially for the price I paid. My brother has a similar bike, Giant Rincon. The price was the same, but I have a longer warranty and better componentry. My main fear also was the frame. As far as I can tell, both bikes are very similar, in terms of weight, and performance. There is a sight difference in feel, but it could be the fact that the frame sizes are different between the two. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.