learsport

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Darryl Sheather, Apr 27, 2003.

  1. Looking for a new road bike and noticed the learsport bikes seem to be rather well specced for the
    price, I'm presuming (maybe wrongly) that their frames don't live up to the sum of their parts.

    Anyone with any comments??

    Tags:

  2. Etxy

    Etxy New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2003
    Yes, I was wondering about that too. I think that theres some good evidence to back up the bike- a) there's a decent warranty on the frame and b) there's a 30 day money back guarantee.

    That said, I'd be reluctant to buy a bike, no matter the value, without being able to test ride it first. Melbourne's a long way from Canberra and Sydney.

    Etxy

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Yes, I too looked at Learsport, and was taken by the price and running gear. I've been interested in
    the Lear 8500 & 9000 for some time now.

    So I thought I would try them out, but didn't want to outlay too much so I bought the dual
    suspension mountain bike - BW 3000.

    I ride to work everyday - I could not be happier!

    But a road bike is different somehow - I need to touch it, feel the length, sit and ride the
    thing. Have the guy fit it to me, be able to add and subtract bits and pieces, and I can't over
    the internet - because they won't allow you to do that. Recently a mate went to one of the shops
    either in Sydney or Canberra and said the finished product didn't look that good and was worried
    about the frame.

    I want someone to buy one and tell us all about it!

    So ... yes it looks good but I'm just a little old fashioned and want to play with the thing
    before I buy.

    Peter

    "Darryl Sheather" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BAD1C23B.3B7E%[email protected]...
    > Looking for a new road bike and noticed the learsport bikes seem to be rather well specced for the
    > price, I'm presuming (maybe wrongly) that
    their
    > frames don't live up to the sum of their parts.
    >
    > Anyone with any comments??

  4. Lawrence

    Lawrence New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2003
    :) :)

    I've just brought a TR 2430 and could not be happier. I got to admit that I am new to the off road riding, but it is a great bike, especially for the price I paid. My brother has a similar bike, Giant Rincon. The price was the same, but I have a longer warranty and better componentry. My main fear also was the frame. As far as I can tell, both bikes are very similar, in terms of weight, and performance. There is a sight difference in feel, but it could be the fact that the frame sizes are different between the two. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase.