• Rene Hasselbacher

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Jaun Antonio Fleche

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Someone else

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
Roy Gardiner said:
Americans not Europeans are, in my experience, the most insular people anywhere.

For instance. I was in the US when the Lewinsky dress stain saga broke. I watched the news for an hour, there was no other story bar 10secs on the 25% devaluation of the rouble the previous day. That's an extreme example, but there routinely is next to no international coverage of anything in the US media.

Europeans in general have a far wider world view than the average American, are indeed justifiably contemptuous of American smugness and ignorance, are jealous of very little that's American bar sheer wealth, and are a great deal less ignorant of the US that the US citizen is of anywhere else.

Hahaha... Yeah, okay.

Bahamontes is great - a very dapper gent who is scathing about a lot of modern riders (including Armstrong). Met him at a Champion supermarket opening - he was charm itself and signed several things for me.

agreed about the culture of denial and then later confession that seems to exist in American - and definitely in cycling.

limerickman said:
US sport is saturated with cheating and cheaters.

Okay, okay. I don't want to get into a silly discussion about whether or not the U.S. sucks, but give me a break. Doping transcends borders. There is no relevant connection between nationality and dope.

Yeah, Americans can be insular. Hey, this is a big country and it's only close to two other countries. But lots of us aren't.

The generalizations are tiresome and just reinforce bad stereotypes.

tcklyde said:
Okay, okay. I don't want to get into a silly discussion about whether or not the U.S. sucks, but give me a break. Doping transcends borders. There is no relevant connection between nationality and dope.

Yeah, Americans can be insular. Hey, this is a big country and it's only close to two other countries. But lots of us aren't.

The generalizations are tiresome and just reinforce bad stereotypes.

I agree with you totally.
My reply in this instance was to our friend, Spade.

I am sure that there are a lot of clean US athletes - as there are clean European athletes too.

My reply was specific - to a specific person.

tcklyde said:

I assume you know who Simeoni is, and you are saying that Simoni is your least favorite rider and not trying to correct me because you are not focusing ont he difference between Simeoni and Simoni. ;)

musette said:
I assume you know who Simeoni is, and you are saying that Simoni is your least favorite rider and not trying to correct me because you are not focusing ont he difference between Simeoni and Simoni. ;)

Exactly, I was just making a joke :) Although I really do find Gibo's big mouth annoying!

limerickman said:
I agree with you totally.
My reply in this instance was to our friend, Spade.

I am sure that there are a lot of clean US athletes - as there are clean European athletes too.

My reply was specific - to a specific person.

Understood :)

musette said:

I hate them both. Crybabies.

Long live Italy's two classy new(ish) talent, cunego and basso.