Leaving the list

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by The Wogster, Feb 11, 2006.

  1. The Wogster

    The Wogster Guest

    I am bowing out of here, at least for a while. Don't have the time to
    commit.

  2. Ken C. M.

    Ken C. M. Guest

    The Wogster wrote:
    > I am bowing out of here, at least for a while. Don't have the time to
    > commit.

    Sorry to see you go. Stop back when you have more time!

    Ken
    --
    You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
    having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

    Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

  3. "The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I am bowing out of here, at least for a while. Don't have the time to
    >commit.

    If you just blank out all the political threads, it doesn't take as long to
    read.

    ....but we'll miss ya! Enjoy your rides while you're gone!

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
    Sponsor me for the Big Climb! See: www.active.com/donate/cpetersky06
    See the books I've set free at:

  4. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I am bowing out of here, at least for a while. Don't have the time to
    >commit.

    Good riddance! You won't be missed. This newsgroup does not need any more
    dumb Canadians who only know how to sponge off the US.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  5. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    > "The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>I am bowing out of here, at least for a while. Don't have the time to
    >>commit.

    > If you just blank out all the political threads, it doesn't take as long
    > to read.

    [...]

    If you just blank out all of Claire's brainless posts, you would also have
    more time to read that which is worthwhile, for instance, the messages from
    yours truly, the Great Ed Dolan. Who cares what women think about cycling
    anyway. That is not their field of competence as all the world knows.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  6. Leo Lichtman

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    I've never noticed Ed Dolan the Great before. Have I been missing
    something, or is he as stupid as he sounds?

  7. catzz66

    catzz66 Guest

    Leo Lichtman wrote:
    > I've never noticed Ed Dolan the Great before. Have I been missing
    > something, or is he as stupid as he sounds?

    When a new person comes on with no particular on topic posts after a
    couple days, I just filter them. A lot of people get their jollies
    roasting other folks on the net.

  8. Eric Babula

    Eric Babula Guest

    "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>I am bowing out of here, at least for a while. Don't have the time
    >>to commit.

    > If you just blank out all the political threads, it doesn't take as
    > long to read.
    >
    > ...but we'll miss ya! Enjoy your rides while you're gone!

    Wogster - don't leave! Just killfile the idiots, and you don't have to
    read their garbage!

    Hmm, Claire, and I thought I already plonked S-ain't Eddie the Loser.
    Well, time to do it again.

    --
    Eric Babula
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
    of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body.
    But rather, it’s to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
    totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a ride!!!'

  9. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Eric Babula" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected].net:
    >
    >> "The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>>I am bowing out of here, at least for a while. Don't have the time
    >>>to commit.

    >> If you just blank out all the political threads, it doesn't take as
    >> long to read.
    >>
    >> ...but we'll miss ya! Enjoy your rides while you're gone!
    >>

    > Wogster - don't leave! Just killfile the idiots, and you don't have to
    > read their garbage!
    >
    > Hmm, Claire, and I thought I already plonked S-ain't Eddie the Loser.
    > Well, time to do it again.
    >
    > Eric Babula
    > Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

    Eric Baboon is another monkey who if you eliminated him from your read list
    you would then have more time to read the Great Ed Dolan. But if you want
    to be bored out of your skulls, why then of course continue to read the
    blockheads and dunderheads of RBM. The thing that mazes me is that you don't
    all get sick and tired of reading the same old nonsense over and over. You
    must all be donkeys!

    > Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
    > of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body.
    > But rather, it’s to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
    > totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a ride!!!'

    The above is just about the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life. Why
    not take up mountain climbing while you are at it. Those freaking idiots are
    all the time managing to get themselves killed at a very young age.

    Without some quantity of life, there can be no quality. If I were you, I
    would plan on living as long as possible no matter how dull and unexciting
    such a life might be. Only idiots, morons and imbeciles burn the candle at
    both ends.

    I grow old … I grow old …
    I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

    T.S. Eliot - The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  10. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Leo Lichtman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I've never noticed Ed Dolan the Great before. Have I been missing
    > something, or is he as stupid as he sounds?

    All top posters are idiots!

    The Great Ed Dolan is to be found almost exclusively on ARBR. Leo can come
    over to our group and read me, but he had best be advised that if he wants
    to post his idiocies there he will have me to contend with. He won't last
    long I can assure him of that right here and now.

    I believe it is very acceptable for young persons to be riding upright
    bikes, but if you are an older person (anyone over 40), then you should be
    on a recumbent. Any sound and sensible person would know this. But the main
    problem is that most cyclists who grow old in body continue to stay young in
    mind. This is a terrible tragedy. You should grow old in mind as you grow
    old in body. Otherwise you become a jerk and a dork!

    When you blockheads and dunderheads of RBM come to your senses, you will
    find us waiting for you on ARBR, ever ready to welcome you into our ranks.
    But first you must outgrow your teenage minds. I urge you to grow old with
    dignity and decorum. We do not want any juveniles on ARBR.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  11. leestevens

    leestevens New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2004
    Your a wanker.:)

  12. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "leestevens" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    [...]
    > Your a wanker.:)
    >
    > leestevens

    Lee Stevens was wise to trim the newsgroups to just RBM where perverted
    souls like him abound. He is the main reason why we do not want RBM anywhere
    near ARBR. But the Great Ed Dolan knows that the readers of ARBR need to be
    apprised of him and his ilk and so I have restored the newsgroups to their
    original configuration.

    However, there is one fellow on ARBR who I would like to introduce Lee
    Stevens to. He goes by the name of Slugger and he is always on the subject
    of masturbation too. Maybe the two of them could get together and compare
    notes among other things. Who knows, it might even be love at first sight.

    There is also the Poet of Poop (Wayne Leggett) on ARBR that he might be
    interested in too but he will have to get more into ass than penis in order
    for that to work out. Let's face it, some are more into ass and others are
    more into penis.

    But the Great Ed Dolan is into nothing but Holiness. He is chaste and
    celibate (pure as the driven snow) and nothing if not a Great Saint. Yea,
    Saint Edward the Great is a force to reckon with and is altogether too good
    for this world. He is not in the least religious which is why His Sainthood
    is something to marvel at. I ask you, how many folks do you know who are not
    religious but are Great Saints. It is all very mysterious to say the least.
    Some would even say it is miraculous!

    Reagrds,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  13. Ken C. M.

    Ken C. M. Guest

    The Wogster wrote:
    > I am bowing out of here, at least for a while. Don't have the time to
    > commit.

    Some people have entirely too much free time on their hands, which leads
    to trollism. Just filter them.

    Ken
    --
    You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
    having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

    Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

  14. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "AustinMN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Edward Dolan wrote:
    >
    > <nothing worth reading>
    >
    > Claire:
    > http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/eaglescout.htm
    > http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/philosopher.htm
    >
    > Edward Dolan:
    > http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ego.htm
    > http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/enfantprovocateur.htm
    >
    > Austin

    Only an idiot would go to a link without it being properly introduced. Also,
    why the hell have you eliminated ARBR from your post as you know that is
    where I am at 95% of the time. Try not be such a coward if at all possible.

    You and all the other bozos of RBM are certainly entitled to your view of
    Claire (and Helen too for that matter) and I am entitled to mine. Try not to
    be such an infant about coming to their rescue. They are both big gals and
    will know how to defend themselves if they are posting to a newsgroup.

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  15. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The Wogster wrote:
    >> I am bowing out of here, at least for a while. Don't have the time to
    >> commit.

    > Some people have entirely too much free time on their hands, which leads
    > to trollism. Just filter them.
    >
    > Ken

    Is Wogster leaving the group because I called him a dumb Canadian? How does
    a filter help with that? Everyone on the group will know what I am saying
    about him one way or another.

    If you need to filter others, then you should do as Wogster has done - just
    leave the group. Elementary, my dear Watson!

    Regards,

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
    aka

  16. AustinMN

    AustinMN Guest

    Edward Dolan wrote:
    > "AustinMN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Edward Dolan wrote:
    > >
    > > <nothing worth reading>
    > >
    > > Claire:
    > > http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/eaglescout.htm
    > > http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/philosopher.htm
    > >
    > > Edward Dolan:
    > > http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ego.htm
    > > http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/enfantprovocateur.htm
    > >
    > > Austin

    > Only an idiot would go to a link without it being properly introduced.

    By that standard, you didn't hesitiate. BTW, you might check the links
    out; that site can be rather funny.

    > Also,
    > why the hell have you eliminated ARBR from your post as you know that is
    > where I am at 95% of the time.

    Check the post I replied to...your post did not include ARBR so mine
    did not either.

    > Try not be such a coward if at all possible.

    By that standard, you are the coward, since you did not include ARBR in
    your post.

    > You and all the other bozos of RBM are certainly entitled to your view of
    > Claire (and Helen too for that matter) and I am entitled to mine.

    You are entitled to your opinion, but broadcasting it may well be
    libel/slander. People have been successfully sued for less.

    > Try not to
    > be such an infant about coming to their rescue.

    Try not to be such an infant in your reading. I wasn't out to rescue
    Claire, justy pointing out the contrast between the real saint and the
    real scum.

    Austin
    P.S. My appologies for feeding the troll, I won't do it again.

  17. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "AustinMN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Edward Dolan wrote:

    [...]
    >> Only an idiot would go to a link without it being properly introduced.

    > By that standard, you didn't hesitiate. BTW, you might check the links
    > out; that site can be rather funny.

    No, believe it or not, I did NOT go to the links. I never do that unless the
    link has been properly introduced. You neglected to do that so of course I
    stayed the hell away. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

    >> Also,
    >> why the hell have you eliminated ARBR from your post as you know that is
    >> where I am at 95% of the time.

    > Check the post I replied to...your post did not include ARBR so mine
    > did not either.

    Well, if you are right about that, then I apologize. It would help matters
    though if you would include some of my message instead of just making your
    own comment about me. The fact is, I never go back and look anything up. It
    comes from my training as a librarian.

    >> Try not be such a coward if at all possible.

    > By that standard, you are the coward, since you did not include ARBR in
    > your post.

    Tut, tut ... a mere oversight I assure you! I am Mr. ARBR himself and I am
    loved and indeed worshipped on that newsgroup. That is because I am not only
    Great, but a Great Saint besides. They all recognized that it is an honor
    and a glory that I bestow upon that miserable group by merely being in their
    presence. I try not to let any of this go to my head as I strive to be the
    most humble of men despite my superior nature.

    >> You and all the other bozos of RBM are certainly entitled to your view of
    >> Claire (and Helen too for that matter) and I am entitled to mine.

    > You are entitled to your opinion, but broadcasting it may well be
    > libel/slander. People have been successfully sued for less.

    No, I am very careful what I say and what I don't say. You can call others
    idiots until you are blue in the face and there is nothing to be done about
    it except to prove that you are NOT an idiot. So far, Claire and Helen have
    not yet done that, at least not with me. Instead, they run and hide like all
    cowards.

    >> Try not to
    >> be such an infant about coming to their rescue.

    > Try not to be such an infant in your reading. I wasn't out to rescue
    > Claire, justy pointing out the contrast between the real saint and the
    > real scum.

    You need to spell everything out - and in your own words. Referring others
    to links which you have not properly introduced is scum behavior. Never
    assume anything. There is no shortage of words to ever say what needs to be
    said. Also, it is better to say too much than too little provided you do not
    go on and on (like Wayne Leggett, the Poet of ARBR, but the less said about
    him the better). That way, you avoid confusion and misunderstanding.

    > Austin
    > P.S. My appologies for feeding the troll, I won't do it again.

    There are lots of other fish in the barrel of RBM more intelligent than you.
    However, I think you will want to respond rather than let me have my way
    with you. At least, I sure am built that way and I think most Minnesotans
    are too. It is only those pantywaist Texans who run and hide (kill file).
    Are you sure you are not originally from Austin, Texas?