LeBlanc blasts Armstrong as drug cheat.....

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
Finally, he turned to criticism of Armstrong attributed to the Tour boss some weeks ago. “It was written somewhere that I said the Tour de France deserved a winner who wasn’t Lance Armstrong, but I never said that. What I did say was that the laboratories have shown that in the 1999 Tour there was EPO in Armstrong’s samples, and I believe in the efficiency of these laboratories. The American hasn’t responded to that. What he has done is talk of a plot between the French ministry of sport, the Tour… I am not saying he was doped in 2000 or after that. What I am saying is that there was EPO in his sample in 1999. And I would ask him why he hasn’t explained that.”

Just admit it already.

You love Lance Armstrong.

He is on your mind 24/7 and he is the only thing you speak of with any true passion whatsoever. You're like a young school boy teasing and picking on a girl, simply to get her attention. In a puppy love sort of way, it's become rather amusing.

WBT:

These were your own words when an Armstrong-related thread was posted a few days ago:

Come on mate there is Tour going on with fresh faces and time for a new beginning... open the curtains and get out of your mothers basement..... we really don’t need to have this discussion for the 487th time…..
Either heed your own advice, or stop screeching like a schoolgirl when others mention Armstrong in a positive light. LeBlanc dislikes Armstrong. Gee, thanks for the update --- what's your next newsflash -- Ullrich's still German?

As has been pointed out the Lab that did the "analysis", and who is in bed with ASO, has such shitty protocols/procedures that they couldn't find Cranberry in a glass of Cranberry juice. So the *real* question is should said lab even be allowed to even analyze the toothpaste in a toothpaste tube, they are so damn incompetent.

Chrystie

rejobako said:
WBT:

These were your own words when an Armstrong-related thread was posted a few days ago:

Either heed your own advice, or stop screeching like a schoolgirl when others mention Armstrong in a positive light. LeBlanc dislikes Armstrong. Gee, thanks for the update --- what's your next newsflash -- Ullrich's still German?
Agreed. I think the word "hypocrite" here isn't even sufficient.

rejobako said:
WBT:

The guy doped along with everyone else. It's going to break sooner or later. It'll be interesting how he handles it. It's amazing, because in Europe, everyone believes he doped and really, they expect it and don't care. But in America, it's different. Most people like the story and they don't want to got mired in the details.

It's similar to WMDs in Iraq. There are people who still believe. In my mind Lance plays to that crowd with half-truths and misinformation. He calls L'Equipe a tabloid, which, in strict newspaper terms it is -- tabloid is a sheet size -- without addressing their accusations. And for most American's, that's good enough. Same thing with the positive EPO tests. "It's the labs fault." And the corticosteroid. "It's a saddle sore ointment."

Okay, whatever.

Personally, I don't care if Lance doped. Try to convince me that second place didn't dope. They all dope. Lance was the best Tour rider ever, doped or not doped. I mean, come on. I'm watching the Tour now and I see two stages he would have won already. When they get into the mountains -- had he raced this year -- he'd be slappin' *****es down as always. Landis? He'll win it, but he ain't no Lance.

Personally, I like the way Camazind did it. One positive test. One retirement. One "no comment.."

helmutRoole2 said:
The guy doped along with everyone else. It's going to break sooner or later. It'll be interesting how he handles it. It's amazing, because in Europe, everyone believes he doped and really, they expect it and don't care. But in America, it's different. Most people like the story and they don't want to got mired in the details.

It's similar to WMDs in Iraq. There are people who still believe. In my mind Lance plays to that crowd with half-truths and misinformation. He calls L'Equipe a tabloid, which, in strict newspaper terms it is -- tabloid is a sheet size -- without addressing their accusations. And for most American's, that's good enough. Same thing with the positive EPO tests. "It's the labs fault." And the corticosteroid. "It's a saddle sore ointment."

Okay, whatever.

Personally, I don't care if Lance doped. Try to convince me that second place didn't dope. They all dope. Lance was the best Tour rider ever, doped or not doped. I mean, come on. I'm watching the Tour now and I see two stages he would have won already. When they get into the mountains -- had he raced this year -- he'd be slappin' *****es down as always. Landis? He'll win it, but he ain't no Lance.

Personally, I like the way Camazind did it. One positive test. One retirement. One "no comment.."
the same for Mancebo too. His immediate retirement after being suspended from the Tour says it all.

Dead Star said:
the same for Mancebo too. His immediate retirement after being suspended from the Tour says it all.

Yeah. Right on.

It's like, "Okay, the bottle finally pointed at me and I'm out of here."

helmutRoole2 said:
Yeah. Right on.

It's like, "Okay, the bottle finally pointed at me and I'm out of here."
Yes, but we should ALL move on and not have this same stupid discusiion again. We all know what each other will say, now dont we??

The question is who needs to start the twelve step club first.

Apparently Jean Marie, when asked to comment on the first week of THIS YEARS TOUR, he said he would not waste his breath talkning about Saiz, was glad Basso and Ullrich were not there since they were dopers.

Then went on to correct his words and how he had been quoted or misquoted by Lance. And then he HAD TO BRING IT UP AGAIN. He cannot let it go. Even HE misses Arsmtrong, Geez, LeBlanc, give it a rest.

bobke said:
Yes, but we should ALL move on and not have this same stupid discusiion again. We all know what each other will say, now dont we??

I love talking about it. All this doping drama... it might be the best thing that's happen to cycling. It's like a soap opera now: He said, she said, I didn't say that, I would never do such a thing.

Man, this is good stuff.

bobke said:
The question is who needs to start the twelve step club first.

No! Don't let end.

But hey, to continue my digression, I heard Bob Rollio proclaim that he'd never taken PEDs during his career on OLN the other night. "I raced clean." What's that all about? I mean, why did he feel compelled to say that? Has someone leveled allegations against my boy Bob?

Bob, say it ain't so!

helmutRoole2 said:
But hey, to continue my digression, I heard Bob Rollio proclaim that he'd never taken PEDs during his career on OLN the other night. "I raced clean." What's that all about? I mean, why did he feel compelled to say that? Has someone leveled allegations against my boy Bob?

Bob, say it ain't so!

Roll and Trautwig (sp?) were taking questions from fans via e-mail. One fan posed the question to Roll: "Have you ever been tested for PED's and if so, what was it like?" Roll replied that he had indeed been tested and that he never was nervous about it because he raced clean throughout his entire career. That was the context in which he made his remarks. No one accused him of doping.

It's not too difficult to beleive that Bobke raced clean. If it were to come out that he had been doping during his pro cycling career? Now that would be shocking! One would then have to wonder just how badly he would've sucked had he been clean!!! :D

meehs said:
Roll and Trautwig (sp?) were taking questions from fans via e-mail. One fan posed the question to Roll: "Have you ever been tested for PED's and if so, what was it like?" Roll replied that he had indeed been tested and that he never was nervous about it because he raced clean throughout his entire career. That was the context in which he made his remarks. No one accused him of doping.

Did Trout Wig dope?

I heard Al had an appetite for model airplane glue back in the day but has since moved on to spray paint. In fact, I'm nearly certain I saw him in an episode of Cops.

The cops were like, "Hey man, aren't you Al Trautwig?"

helmutRoole2 said:
I heard Bob Rollio proclaim that he'd never taken PEDs during his career on OLN the other night. "I raced clean." What's that all about? I mean, why did he feel compelled to say that? Has someone leveled allegations against my boy Bob?

Bob, say it ain't so!
It's a good thing Roll doesn't ride professionally these days, because according to current protocol, any rider "under suspicion" has his entire career put on hold until the idiots who oversee the sport can decide what to do with them. Under current standards, the statement "I raced clean" would be considered a denial, thus rendering the rider "under suspicion".

I'm going to create a notebook with easy-to-decipher nicknames for all 170 remaining TdF riders except Boonen with veiled references to something that might be doping. I'm going to send that to LeBlanc, the teams, WADA, UCI and the French cycling federation. Under their own screwy standards of "justice", every remaining rider except one should be suspended, and Boonen can finally win a sprint finish, presuming he can lug his ass over the mountains.

rejobako said:
It's a good thing Roll doesn't ride professionally these days, because according to current protocol, any rider "under suspicion" has his entire career put on hold until the idiots who oversee the sport can decide what to do with them. Under current standards, the statement "I raced clean" would be considered a denial, thus rendering the rider "under suspicion".

I'm going to create a notebook with easy-to-decipher nicknames for all 170 remaining TdF riders except Boonen with veiled references to something that might be doping. I'm going to send that to LeBlanc, the teams, WADA, UCI and the French cycling federation. Under their own screwy standards of "justice", every remaining rider except one should be suspended, and Boonen can finally win a sprint finish, presuming he can lug his ass over the mountains.

Hell yeah, man. Put Al Trout Wig on there. Make that biznitch feel some pain.

helmutRoole2 said:
Hell yeah, man. Put Al Trout Wig on there. Make that biznitch feel some pain.
Wow! I never heard Bob proclain that.
But with all the hoopla I figured it was only a matter of time.
I think his proximity to the Lance story may have been a factor...in other words Lance associates with clean riders. AND he rode with Chris Carmciahel on the 7-Eleven team.
Bob's results would support the absence of doping.

But was Bob actually throwing down?
Was Paul SHerwen there?
Was he waiting for Sherwen to say, of course we all did... :cool:

bobke said:
Wow! I never heard Bob proclain that.
But with all the hoopla I figured it was only a matter of time.
I think his proximity to the Lance story may have been a factor...in other words Lance associates with clean riders. AND he rode with Chris Carmciahel on the 7-Eleven team.
Bob's results would support the absence of doping.

But was Bob actually throwing down?
Was Paul SHerwen there?
Was he waiting for Sherwen to say, of course we all did... :cool:

All those guys -- Trout Wig, Roll, Phil, Paul -- all dopers. It's obvious. Have you ever seen Phil with his shirt off?

He's like Scotty... bringing the power! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBXal1GAA4A&search=Spock director's cut

meehs said:
Bob Roll retired from European road cycling just as EPO was beginning to show up in the results of individual riders and before entire teams started EPO programs. His last year was 1992 racing with Greg Lemond's team. We know from Stephen Swart that 7-11/Motorola's management was against doping and the riders only started using EPO as a team in 1995. So Roll is likely telling the truth--although Swart does list some ordinary doping products that were used as standard preparation.

helmutRoole2 said:

Okay, whatever.

The best rider or the rider with the best doctor or the rider who was willing to do everything he could to win?

acpinto said:
The best rider or the rider with the best doctor or the rider who was willing to do everything he could to win?

Good question. Ref. Armstrong, I'd have to know what his natural hematocrit is. I don't think there's any solid proof out there, but I'd guess a guy who could race pro with a 43 is, once he gets up to 49.99, better than a guy who starts at 48.

But yeah, I get your point. You can either take the racing at face value -- guys training, eating and sleeping right, and trying very hard -- or you can go with what you think is true, and for me that is, they're all doped with but a few exceptions. And, they're doping for all they're worth. Why would you half ass something like doping. If you're going to cheat in that way, seems like you'd go right to the edge with it.

helmutRoole2 said:
Good question. Ref. Armstrong, I'd have to know what his natural hematocrit is. I don't think there's any solid proof out there, but I'd guess a guy who could race pro with a 43 is, once he gets up to 49.99, better than a guy who starts at 48.

But yeah, I get your point. You can either take the racing at face value -- guys training, eating and sleeping right, and trying very hard -- or you can go with what you think is true, and for me that is, they're all doped with but a few exceptions. And, they're doping for all they're worth. Why would you half ass something like doping. If you're going to cheat in that way, seems like you'd go right to the edge with it.
I agree with you, i allaways thought they all doped. What i think is that Disco/Uspostal and a better scheme, more "professional". Don´t you think it´s strange what the Disco team are doing in this tour the france, I know they are older, but the year the scandal blows, they don´t get to do anything.
Look at azevedo,( i´m portuguese) a very good rider in ONCE (manolo sainz) whe he passes to US Postal, with age near 30, he gets even better an does a remarkable tour of 2004, along with armstrong, floyd landis after halpe d'uez ITT does a remarkable stage, rubiera, etc. ( i think we all agree that 2004 was the best year off US Postal) Pavel Padrnos arrived many times at the last mountain).
Then we find that armstrong as an "apolice" with an insurance company to get 5 mil $ if he was to win the tour.
But, for does histerycal fans, i´m not saying he doped, i´m saying i believe he doped.