LED Turn Signal Gloves? Yes please!

Zachary Vorhies

Dec 17, 2013
Check out these LED Turn Signal Gloves on Kickstarter.

0.jpg

Disclosure, I'm the creator of these gloves.

We aren't a large corporation, we are just two guys that wanted to make the safest glove possible. I quite my kushy job at Google where I was making 6 figures as a senior software engineer for Google Earth. I'm risking my entire life savings on bringing these gloves to market.

My motivation stems from the fact that my neighbor was hit by a car one night when coming home. He was wearing black and had no lights on his body. The accident was very tragic. Luckily he survived with his life but his right arm had to be amputated at the shoulder and he was never the same.

Most of the bikers I see in San Francisco have no lights at all. This is astounding to me. I wanted to create a fashionable glove with lights embedded in them so that riders can be seen more easily and also to be able to communicate with other drivers what their turning intentions are.

These gloves have changed the way that my friends and I ride - we can be safer yet more aggressive and this is really awesome for us. For example a car double parks into the bike lane and I have to go around. Before I would constantly be checking behind me looking for affirmation from the driver that I could move into their lane, now I just signal for a few second and then look back to see a car pacing me, waiting for me to go into their lane. I often think, "why has no one invented these things before now????" There is no going back. We feel naked when riding without these turn signals.

We launched our campaign on Kickstarter to fund our initial batch of gloves and to "Kickstart" us into a real company.

Could you check out our Kickstarter and tell us what you think?

I can also be reached by going to z [at] zackees *dot* com