Left hand crank arm for FSA team issue

Mish

Feb 28, 2004
Does anyone know where I can find a 175mm left crank arm. It's FSA team issue carbon in Mega Exo.

Mish said:
Does anyone know where I can find a 175mm left crank arm. It's FSA team issue carbon in Mega Exo.
Did you check with your LBS?

FSA's alloy arms may have the same spline pattern & fit if the mis-match doesn't offend your aesthetic sensibilities.

alfeng said:
Did you check with your LBS?

FSA's alloy arms may have the same spline pattern & fit if the mis-match doesn't offend your aesthetic sensibilities.

I don't care if it is chrome. I'll sand it and paint it or claim it's designed to improve my spin :) somehow.
FSA sent me a parts list that I can give to my bike shop. They in turn can order a new arm with o-ring and bolts.
I'm just looking to spend less than $150 to get it right.
This seems to be a bother to Performance Bike (2 local) and 2 other shops.
Performance has been great for parts, pieces, lube, and gel, but some of their mechanics are arrogant. Must not be able to cut it at a "soulful" shop

Well, if the spline pattern is the same on the alloy & carbon left hand crank arms (I'm not sure that they are the same, but they probably are), then you can certainly buy a COMPLETE new-or-used FSA crank off of eBay for much less than $150 ...

Figure on $50-to-$100, depending on condition (i.e., used-or-new).

What happened to YOUR left crank arm?

FWIW. If you can't locate a crank, I might have an 'extra' 175mm left MegaExo arm that I might be willing to part out & sell to you.

alfeng said:
Well, if the spline pattern is the same on the alloy & carbon left hand crank arms (I'm not sure that they are the same, but they probably are), then you can certainly buy a COMPLETE new-or-used FSA crank off of eBay for much less than $150 ...

Figure on $50-to-$100, depending on condition (i.e., used-or-new).

What happened to YOUR left crank arm?

FWIW. If you can't locate a crank, I might have an 'extra' 175mm left MegaExo arm that I might be willing to part out & sell to you.

It is a Mega Exo pro carbon team issue. Very high end and brand new. I bought a frame and some parts. The seller (local) didn't have the left arm. He sold me a carbon left arm that wasn't exactly the same looking and as I was walking out he said it wouldn't fit. I didn't quite understand until I got home what he was talking about.
I think that is a great idea to find a used crank on e-bay. The rings might be toast and it might be beat up. I have brand new race face rings. Thanks for your ideas. I'm mostly a roadie till now and putting together a mountain bike seems a little tougher.