Left leg blues.

muelgrub

Jul 15, 2004
OK, other than the obvious: "pedal on your trainer with only one leg." What other tips do you guys have to help me strengthen my "off" or weaker leg? My left calf is about 1/2 the size of my right (slight exaggeration).

I'm particularly interested in what you do "on the road" not necessarily on the trainer.

Thanks.

muelgrub said:
OK, other than the obvious: "pedal on your trainer with only one leg." What other tips do you guys have to help me strengthen my "off" or weaker leg? My left calf is about 1/2 the size of my right (slight exaggeration).

I'm particularly interested in what you do "on the road" not necessarily on the trainer.

Thanks.

You know I thought that maybe I was one of the few people who thought of this. I think at first I didn't think about which leg was doing more work, I was just glad to get from point A-B. Then the more I rode each week I started to feel the difference ( and notice it too). How much my right leg was doing most of the work. So I started to make my left leg do as much as my right by concentrating on which one felt the burn more. If my right leg starts to pick up the slack it's really noticeable now. You just develop a sense and then distribute the work towards your weaker leg. It takes alot of concentration. I have a tendency to focus on my riding while I'm riding. I try not to drift off onto other things that are distracting (i.e. bills,work,life...not necessarily in that order). Although I'm not always successful ;).

Just my opinions and not necessarily the opinions of my employer :p.

Can anyone else chime in with additional info ?

Thanks Count Dz ........ for your perspective/ideas on what to do.... and I agree. Just checking to see what else is possible :)