left over pot roast

Orion

Guest
what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb of
it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.

Suzan

>"Orion" blurts:
>
>what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb of
>it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.

Why eat it of course. duh

---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without
tribulation."

"PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >"Orion" blurts:
> >
> >what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx
1
> >lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and
> >flavorful.
>
> Why eat it of course. duh

ummm, okay, butt... in a sandwhich, roast beef hash, enchiladas? I've used it for
these things, am looking for new ideas.

Suzan

From: [email protected] (PENMART01) "Orion" blurts: what's your favorite thing
to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb of it to work with. It turned
out really well, is very tender and flavorful. Why eat it of course. duh ---=3D
BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =3D--- =A0 =A0 ---=3D Move UNITED NATIONS To
Paris =3D--- Sheldon --------------------------------------------------------------------------
=
ROFLAO

"Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in news:K8c2c.31937$qL1.17595@fed1read02:

> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb
> of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
>
> Suzan

Roast beef hash, hot roast beef sandwiches, ground up to make a sandwich spread.

Wayne

The best thing to do with left over pot roast is to make Shepherd's
pie,,,,,,,dice up roast,,,,put into dish w/gravy,,,top with veggies,,,,,and
taters....sprinkle cheese on it, up to you....very good!

"Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx
1
> lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
>
> Suzan

"Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in news:K8c2c.31937$qL1.17595@fed1read02:
>
> > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb
> > of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
> >
> > Suzan
> >

> Roast beef hash, hot roast beef sandwiches, ground up to make a
> sandwich spread.
>
> Wayne

I don't have a grinder, but I suppose I could chop it up. Add mayo and ?? A
little onion, teensy bit of garlic or horseradish?

"sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The best thing to do with left over pot roast is to make Shepherd's
> pie,,,,,,,dice up roast,,,,put into dish w/gravy,,,top with
veggies,,,,,and
> taters....sprinkle cheese on it, up to you....very good!
>
> "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have
approx
> 1
> > lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and
> > flavorful.
> >
> > Suzan

Haven't thought about that. I do have all those things. Thanks Sandy.

"Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in news:cWc2c.31946$qL1.12447@fed1read02:

> "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in news:K8c2c.31937$qL1.17595@fed1read02:
>>
>> > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1
>> > lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and
>> > flavorful.
>> >
>> > Suzan
>> >

>> Roast beef hash, hot roast beef sandwiches, ground up to make a sandwich
>> spread.
>>
>> Wayne
>
> I don't have a grinder, but I suppose I could chop it up. Add mayo and ?? A
> little onion, teensy bit of garlic or horseradish?

You're on the right track. I'd also add a bit of chopped pickle.

I'd make a nice veggie/beef soup...
We use canned tomatoes and tomato juice, but I think the store bought would
be ok. Add some potatoes, peas, carrots, onions, whatever you like - let it
simer for a while to cook the potatoes..salt and pepper or whatever suits
your fancy for seasoning. :)

Emily

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I do not wish to expiate, but to live. My life is for itself and not for a

"It is not attention the child is seeking, but love" - Sigmund Freud "Orion"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:K8c2c.31937$qL1.17595@fed1read02...
> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx
1
> lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
>
> Suzan

"Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx
1
> lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
>
> Suzan

Roast beef hash for the first left over meal. Chop the meat and veggies for the
hash and set aside about one cup of the mixture. Use the one cup to make those
little fold over hand pies. Mix the one cup with some of the leftover gravy, some
frozen peas and whatever you need to stretch the mixture as far as it needs to
go--mushrooms, carrots, potatoes. Janet

> "Emily Quesenberry" writes:
>
>I'd make a nice veggie/beef soup... We use canned tomatoes and tomato juice, but
>I think the store bought would be ok. Add some potatoes, peas, carrots, onions,
>whatever you like - let it simer for a while to cook the potatoes..salt and
>pepper or whatever suits your fancy for seasoning. :)

I like left over meat julienned in a chef's salad... various greens, tomatoes,
diced boiled taters, onions, sliced hard cooked eggs, cheese and salami cubes,
some canned beans, crunchy celery, of course Barbs pickled beets, seeds,
croutons... with a pungent honey mustard dressing... whatever.

Orion wrote:
> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb
> of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
>
> Suzan

Smother it in gravy and then use it to top a hot roast beef sandwich.

Yes,,,,,,,put left over roast beef w/gravy on 1/2 of hoagie bun,,put
mushrooms & cheese on other half,,,put on broiler pan,,,broil till cheese
melts.......wow...Now,,,,I'm hungry.......

sandy wrote:
> Yes,,,,,,,put left over roast beef w/gravy on 1/2 of hoagie bun,,put mushrooms
> & cheese on other half,,,put on broiler pan,,,broil till cheese
> melts.......wow...Now,,,,I'm hungry.......

Exactly!

Jill
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Orion wrote:
>>> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb
>>> of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
>>>
>>> Suzan
>>
>> Smother it in gravy and then use it to top a hot roast beef sandwich.

"sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The best thing to do with left over pot roast is to make Shepherd's
> pie,,,,,,,dice up roast,,,,put into dish w/gravy,,,top with
veggies,,,,,and
> taters....sprinkle cheese on it, up to you....very good!

That is Cottage Pie not Shepherd's Pie.

Charlie

>what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast?
>I have approx 1 lb of it to work with. It turned out really
>well, is very tender and flavorful.
>
>Suzan

Vegetable Soup ~Kat

What did my hands do before they held you? Sylvia Plath
(1932 - 1963)

Orion wrote:

> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast?
> I have approx 1 lb of it to work with. It turned out
> really well, is very tender and flavorful.

I make dumplings with freshly chopped parsley in it. Cut up
and put the left over pot roast and juice in a pot and, if
necessary, add some beef broth. Bring it to a boil, then
drop in the dumplings and cook as normal for dumplings.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the Infobahn
Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce> "What do you care

Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> deliciously posted
in news:[email protected]:

> "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in
>
>> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot
>> roast? I have approx 1 lb of it to work with. It turned
>> out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
>>
>> Suzan
>>

> Roast beef hash, hot roast beef sandwiches, ground up to
> make a sandwich spread.
>
> Wayne

Mmmm... Sometimes I'll simmer it in gravy for awhile and
serve it over noodles.

Michael

--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968

>"jmcquown" writes:
>
>Orion wrote:
>> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot
>> roast? I have approx 1 lb of it to work with. It turned
>> out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
>>
>> Suzan
>
>Smother it in gravy and then use it to top a hot roast beef
>sandwich.

Huh? A "roast beef, pot roast" combo... sounds so yicky. I
guess that kinda sammiche goes with a side of grits, and tea
flavored sugar water... hehe