left over pot roast

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Orion, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Orion

    Orion Guest

    what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb of
    it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.

    Suzan

    Tags:

  2. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    >"Orion" blurts:
    >
    >what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb of
    >it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.

    Why eat it of course. duh

    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
    Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without
    tribulation."

  3. Orion

    Orion Guest

    "PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >"Orion" blurts:
    > >
    > >what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx
    1
    > >lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and
    > >flavorful.
    >
    > Why eat it of course. duh

    ummm, okay, butt... in a sandwhich, roast beef hash, enchiladas? I've used it for
    these things, am looking for new ideas.

    Suzan

  4. T E

    T E Guest

    From: [email protected] (PENMART01) "Orion" blurts: what's your favorite thing
    to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb of it to work with. It turned
    out really well, is very tender and flavorful. Why eat it of course. duh ---=3D
    BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =3D--- =A0 =A0 ---=3D Move UNITED NATIONS To
    Paris =3D--- Sheldon --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    =
    ROFLAO

  5. "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb
    > of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
    >
    > Suzan

    Roast beef hash, hot roast beef sandwiches, ground up to make a sandwich spread.

    Wayne

  6. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    The best thing to do with left over pot roast is to make Shepherd's
    pie,,,,,,,dice up roast,,,,put into dish w/gravy,,,top with veggies,,,,,and
    taters....sprinkle cheese on it, up to you....very good!

    "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx
    1
    > lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
    >
    > Suzan

  7. Orion

    Orion Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb
    > > of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
    > >
    > > Suzan
    > >

    > Roast beef hash, hot roast beef sandwiches, ground up to make a
    > sandwich spread.
    >
    > Wayne

    I don't have a grinder, but I suppose I could chop it up. Add mayo and ?? A
    little onion, teensy bit of garlic or horseradish?

  8. Orion

    Orion Guest

    "sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The best thing to do with left over pot roast is to make Shepherd's
    > pie,,,,,,,dice up roast,,,,put into dish w/gravy,,,top with
    veggies,,,,,and
    > taters....sprinkle cheese on it, up to you....very good!
    >
    > "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have
    approx
    > 1
    > > lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and
    > > flavorful.
    > >
    > > Suzan

    Haven't thought about that. I do have all those things. Thanks Sandy.

  9. "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1
    >> > lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and
    >> > flavorful.
    >> >
    >> > Suzan
    >> >

    >> Roast beef hash, hot roast beef sandwiches, ground up to make a sandwich
    >> spread.
    >>
    >> Wayne
    >
    > I don't have a grinder, but I suppose I could chop it up. Add mayo and ?? A
    > little onion, teensy bit of garlic or horseradish?

    You're on the right track. I'd also add a bit of chopped pickle.

  10. I'd make a nice veggie/beef soup...
    We use canned tomatoes and tomato juice, but I think the store bought would
    be ok. Add some potatoes, peas, carrots, onions, whatever you like - let it
    simer for a while to cook the potatoes..salt and pepper or whatever suits
    your fancy for seasoning. :)

    Emily

    --

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "I do not wish to expiate, but to live. My life is for itself and not for a

    "It is not attention the child is seeking, but love" - Sigmund Freud "Orion"
    > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx
    1
    > lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
    >
    > Suzan

  11. "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx
    1
    > lb of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
    >
    > Suzan

    Roast beef hash for the first left over meal. Chop the meat and veggies for the
    hash and set aside about one cup of the mixture. Use the one cup to make those
    little fold over hand pies. Mix the one cup with some of the leftover gravy, some
    frozen peas and whatever you need to stretch the mixture as far as it needs to
    go--mushrooms, carrots, potatoes. Janet

  12. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    > "Emily Quesenberry" writes:
    >
    >I'd make a nice veggie/beef soup... We use canned tomatoes and tomato juice, but
    >I think the store bought would be ok. Add some potatoes, peas, carrots, onions,
    >whatever you like - let it simer for a while to cook the potatoes..salt and
    >pepper or whatever suits your fancy for seasoning. :)

    I like left over meat julienned in a chef's salad... various greens, tomatoes,
    diced boiled taters, onions, sliced hard cooked eggs, cheese and salami cubes,
    some canned beans, crunchy celery, of course Barbs pickled beets, seeds,
    croutons... with a pungent honey mustard dressing... whatever.

    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
    Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without
    tribulation."

  13. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Orion wrote:
    > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb
    > of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
    >
    > Suzan

    Smother it in gravy and then use it to top a hot roast beef sandwich.

  14. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    Yes,,,,,,,put left over roast beef w/gravy on 1/2 of hoagie bun,,put
    mushrooms & cheese on other half,,,put on broiler pan,,,broil till cheese
    melts.......wow...Now,,,,I'm hungry.......
    > Orion wrote:
    > > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb
    > > of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
    > >
    > > Suzan
    >
    > Smother it in gravy and then use it to top a hot roast beef sandwich.

  15. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    sandy wrote:
    > Yes,,,,,,,put left over roast beef w/gravy on 1/2 of hoagie bun,,put mushrooms
    > & cheese on other half,,,put on broiler pan,,,broil till cheese
    > melts.......wow...Now,,,,I'm hungry.......

    Exactly!

    Jill
    > "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Orion wrote:
    >>> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast? I have approx 1 lb
    >>> of it to work with. It turned out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
    >>>
    >>> Suzan
    >>
    >> Smother it in gravy and then use it to top a hot roast beef sandwich.

  16. "sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The best thing to do with left over pot roast is to make Shepherd's
    > pie,,,,,,,dice up roast,,,,put into dish w/gravy,,,top with
    veggies,,,,,and
    > taters....sprinkle cheese on it, up to you....very good!

    That is Cottage Pie not Shepherd's Pie.

    Charlie

  17. Jarkat2002

    Jarkat2002 Guest

    >what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast?
    >I have approx 1 lb of it to work with. It turned out really
    >well, is very tender and flavorful.
    >
    >Suzan

    Vegetable Soup ~Kat

    What did my hands do before they held you? Sylvia Plath
    (1932 - 1963)

  18. Orion wrote:

    > what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot roast?
    > I have approx 1 lb of it to work with. It turned out
    > really well, is very tender and flavorful.

    I make dumplings with freshly chopped parsley in it. Cut up
    and put the left over pot roast and juice in a pot and, if
    necessary, add some beef broth. Bring it to a boil, then
    drop in the dumplings and cook as normal for dumplings.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the Infobahn
    Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce> "What do you care

  19. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> deliciously posted
    in news:[email protected]:

    > "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot
    >> roast? I have approx 1 lb of it to work with. It turned
    >> out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
    >>
    >> Suzan
    >>

    > Roast beef hash, hot roast beef sandwiches, ground up to
    > make a sandwich spread.
    >
    > Wayne

    Mmmm... Sometimes I'll simmer it in gravy for awhile and
    serve it over noodles.

    Michael

    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  20. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    >"jmcquown" writes:
    >
    >Orion wrote:
    >> what's your favorite thing to do with left over pot
    >> roast? I have approx 1 lb of it to work with. It turned
    >> out really well, is very tender and flavorful.
    >>
    >> Suzan
    >
    >Smother it in gravy and then use it to top a hot roast beef
    >sandwich.

    Huh? A "roast beef, pot roast" combo... sounds so yicky. I
    guess that kinda sammiche goes with a side of grits, and tea
    flavored sugar water... hehe