Left turning lanes

DaveB wrote:

> Where is that sign? During the 90's I drove up the Newell a couple of
> times a year but never noticed the Bogan's Gate sign.

Possibly Parkes, going south on the Newell.

Moike wrote:
> BT Humble wrote:
> > Moike wrote:
> >> We make do with Nar Nar Goon and Koo Wee Rup.

> > Aha, so you made it home? How's the legs feeling?
> >

> No leg pain. Bum recovered quickly. looking forward to next years GVBR.

See you next Friday then? I'll only be attending for the morning.

BTH

On 2006-12-07, OzCableguy (aka Bruce)

> "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I forgot to mention, it may also be worth trying to find an alternative
>> route that's less stressful, especially on Friday nights or in low
>> visibility etc.
>>

> Yeah, if I get the previous light change at the right time I'll arrive at
> that particular turn without any traffic but at other times I'll have a
> great stream of traffic bearing down on me right when I'm about to hit it.
> Now I'm fairly confident in traffic but once or twice I've had to pull right
> off the road at that one and wait for it to thin out a bit.
> Is there a hand signal that can warn people behind me that I'm going
> straight? The traffic at these intersections tends to be 50/50 and could go
> either direction so it's definitely in my interest to make sure they know
> which way I'm going. I've been pointing kind of downwards on my right in an
> effort to indicate I'm staying towards the left side of the right lane but
> that's very similar to the signal used to indicate debris on the road.

Yes, but what car drivers are interested in debris? Seems like you've
found the right signal to me -- whilst ghostgum says drivers know
left, right and stopping (do drivers really know "stopping"?), a hand
pointing in the rough direction you want to go ought to be clear
enough. I once or twice signal a "diagonal" when I am following a
bend on a major road instead of going straight ahead onto a major
road, despite the fact that you aren't technically allowed to signal
in such a situation (no one would book you for it though!).

--
TimC
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons -- Simpsons