Leftover lunch salad picture

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by modom, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. modom

    modom Guest

    http://i1.tinypic.com/mto2l5.jpg

    A salad for lunch made from leftover flank steak from last night. the
    dressing was blood orange juice, Dijon mustard, fish sauce, sambal,
    olive oil, and chopped cilantro. that's the last of the blood oranges
    near the top of the bowl. Also in the bowl with the mixed greens are
    quatered cherry tomatoes, toasted pecans, avocado pieces, and a boiled
    free-range egg. Yes, the yolk really is that color.

    modom

    Tags:

  2. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    modom wrote:
    > Yes, the yolk really is that color.

    Yellow? All our egg yolks look like that ;) Lunch looked good, BTW.

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  3. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    cathyxyz wrote:
    > Yellow? All our egg yolks look like that ;) Lunch looked good, BTW.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Cathy(xyz)

    And she ain't yolkin'!! Kev

    (yeah, that was bad)

  4. serene

    serene Guest

  5. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    serene wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:13:21 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >http://i1.tinypic.com/mto2l5.jpg
    > >

    > "The page cannot be displayed"
    >
    > serene

    Didn't have that problem.... you got a "firewall from hell" or
    something?
    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  6. serene

    serene Guest

    On 29 Jan 2006 11:50:17 -0800, "cathyxyz" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >serene wrote:
    >> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:13:21 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >http://i1.tinypic.com/mto2l5.jpg
    >> >

    >> "The page cannot be displayed"
    >>
    >> serene

    >Didn't have that problem.... you got a "firewall from hell" or
    >something?

    Nope, and I can see it now.

    serene

  7. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:13:21 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://i1.tinypic.com/mto2l5.jpg
    >
    >A salad for lunch made from leftover flank steak from last night. the
    >dressing was blood orange juice, Dijon mustard, fish sauce, sambal,
    >olive oil, and chopped cilantro. that's the last of the blood oranges
    >near the top of the bowl. Also in the bowl with the mixed greens are
    >quatered cherry tomatoes, toasted pecans, avocado pieces, and a boiled
    >free-range egg. Yes, the yolk really is that color.

    There must be marigolds somewhere on the range.

    Sue(tm)

  8. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    modom wrote:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/mto2l5.jpg
    >
    > A salad for lunch made from leftover flank steak from last night. the
    > dressing was blood orange juice, Dijon mustard, fish sauce, sambal,
    > olive oil, and chopped cilantro. that's the last of the blood oranges
    > near the top of the bowl. Also in the bowl with the mixed greens are
    > quatered cherry tomatoes, toasted pecans, avocado pieces, and a boiled
    > free-range egg. Yes, the yolk really is that color.

    This is much better, the meat slices are arranged a little more neatly
    (for a salad I'd have rolled and julliened the meat slices, looks nicer
    and saves a lot of in plate knife work for the diner). But still needs
    a garnish... I would have made some blood orange zest curls to strew
    about, display some of those cherry tomatoes, and perhaps as a coup d
    etat some luscious pickled beet slices about the edges... that white
    plate is a huge improvement over your penny arcade skee-ball dishes,
    and no fork this time. Next time take a clean towel to those
    dribbles... and sprinkle the entire creation with a hail of toasted
    sesame seeds. And pull the camera back a little to include that flute
    of Champagne. Seltza will do, it's a picture after all.

    Sheldon

  9. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:13:21 -0600, modom wrote:

    > http://i1.tinypic.com/mto2l5.jpg
    >
    > A salad for lunch made from leftover flank steak from last night. the
    > dressing was blood orange juice, Dijon mustard, fish sauce, sambal,
    > olive oil, and chopped cilantro. that's the last of the blood oranges
    > near the top of the bowl. Also in the bowl with the mixed greens are
    > quatered cherry tomatoes, toasted pecans, avocado pieces,

    I'm not a fan of eggs on my salad greens, but rare beef? YUM!

    > and a boiled free-range egg. Yes, the yolk really is that color.

    Home raised chickens can produce yolks that are even more orange.

  10. jay

    jay Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:13:21 -0600, modom wrote:

    > http://i1.tinypic.com/mto2l5.jpg
    >
    > A salad for lunch made from leftover flank steak from last night. the
    > dressing was blood orange juice, Dijon mustard, fish sauce, sambal,
    > olive oil, and chopped cilantro. that's the last of the blood oranges
    > near the top of the bowl. Also in the bowl with the mixed greens are
    > quatered cherry tomatoes, toasted pecans, avocado pieces, and a boiled
    > free-range egg. Yes, the yolk really is that color.
    >
    > modom

    Ok, you are tooling us right?