Leftovers will be Chicken Tostadas

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by jmcquown, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Bought some crispy tostada shells (flat crispy corn tortillas) and will dice
    some of that roasted chicken with the boudin stuffing to put on top.
    Monterey jack cheese, yeppers, on top... maybe even with some refried pinto
    beans. Enchilada sauce. So this will be popped under the broiler, eaten
    like mini pizzas.

    The rest of the chicken will be sliced and stuck in the freezer in
    individual portions for later meals. I already ate the acorn squash and the
    brussels sprouts.

    Jill

    Tags:

  2. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 06:05:02 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

    > Bought some crispy tostada shells (flat crispy corn tortillas) and will dice
    > some of that roasted chicken with the boudin stuffing to put on top.
    > Monterey jack cheese, yeppers, on top... maybe even with some refried pinto
    > beans. Enchilada sauce. So this will be popped under the broiler, eaten
    > like mini pizzas.
    >
    > The rest of the chicken will be sliced and stuck in the freezer in
    > individual portions for later meals. I already ate the acorn squash and the
    > brussels sprouts.

    Don't forget the guacomole (or avacodo slices) and sour cream!

  3. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 06:05:02 -0600, jmcquown wrote:
    >
    >> Bought some crispy tostada shells (flat crispy corn tortillas) and will
    >> dice
    >> some of that roasted chicken with the boudin stuffing to put on top.
    >> Monterey jack cheese, yeppers, on top... maybe even with some refried
    >> pinto
    >> beans. Enchilada sauce. So this will be popped under the broiler,
    >> eaten
    >> like mini pizzas.
    >>
    >> The rest of the chicken will be sliced and stuck in the freezer in
    >> individual portions for later meals. I already ate the acorn squash and
    >> the
    >> brussels sprouts.
    >>

    > Don't forget the guacomole (or avacodo slices) and sour cream!
    > --

    I was going to have plain ole turkey sandwiches. But I've got all the
    ingredients (plus the avacodo & sour cream) for a bang up alternative.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

    The turkey carcass and lots of meat left on is in a big stock pot is outside
    simmering on a one-burner unit. We started it inside to boil, then
    transferred to outside because we didn't want our furnace hot-air leaving
    the house thru the exhaust vents.

    I saw Jacques Pepin this a.m. making an apple dish where he put a
    cobbler-type on the top. So instead, I peeled 5 CORTLAND apples that were
    left, squeezed a 1/2 lemon on, spread some good cinnamon and a little
    nutmeg, a lot of mixed dried fruit and 1/2 English Walnuts (not chopped) NO
    sugar. Baked them maybe 45 minutes at 350, then another 15 at 300-325. The
    dried fruit made it fabulously, natural sweet tasting. I had some fresh
    mascarpone which would've been good, but I forgot it. DH poured a little
    whole cream on top - he didn't whip it.
    Dee Dee