Leftovers will be Chicken Tostadas

jmcquown

Guest
Bought some crispy tostada shells (flat crispy corn tortillas) and will dice
some of that roasted chicken with the boudin stuffing to put on top.
Monterey jack cheese, yeppers, on top... maybe even with some refried pinto
beans. Enchilada sauce. So this will be popped under the broiler, eaten
like mini pizzas.

The rest of the chicken will be sliced and stuck in the freezer in
individual portions for later meals. I already ate the acorn squash and the
brussels sprouts.

Jill

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 06:05:02 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

> Bought some crispy tostada shells (flat crispy corn tortillas) and will dice
> some of that roasted chicken with the boudin stuffing to put on top.
> Monterey jack cheese, yeppers, on top... maybe even with some refried pinto
> beans. Enchilada sauce. So this will be popped under the broiler, eaten
> like mini pizzas.
>
> The rest of the chicken will be sliced and stuck in the freezer in
> individual portions for later meals. I already ate the acorn squash and the
> brussels sprouts.

Don't forget the guacomole (or avacodo slices) and sour cream!

"sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 06:05:02 -0600, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Bought some crispy tostada shells (flat crispy corn tortillas) and will
>> dice
>> some of that roasted chicken with the boudin stuffing to put on top.
>> Monterey jack cheese, yeppers, on top... maybe even with some refried
>> pinto
>> beans. Enchilada sauce. So this will be popped under the broiler,
>> eaten
>> like mini pizzas.
>>
>> The rest of the chicken will be sliced and stuck in the freezer in
>> individual portions for later meals. I already ate the acorn squash and
>> the
>> brussels sprouts.
>>

> Don't forget the guacomole (or avacodo slices) and sour cream!
> --

I was going to have plain ole turkey sandwiches. But I've got all the
ingredients (plus the avacodo & sour cream) for a bang up alternative.
Thanks for the suggestions.

The turkey carcass and lots of meat left on is in a big stock pot is outside
simmering on a one-burner unit. We started it inside to boil, then
transferred to outside because we didn't want our furnace hot-air leaving
the house thru the exhaust vents.

I saw Jacques Pepin this a.m. making an apple dish where he put a
cobbler-type on the top. So instead, I peeled 5 CORTLAND apples that were
left, squeezed a 1/2 lemon on, spread some good cinnamon and a little
nutmeg, a lot of mixed dried fruit and 1/2 English Walnuts (not chopped) NO
sugar. Baked them maybe 45 minutes at 350, then another 15 at 300-325. The
dried fruit made it fabulously, natural sweet tasting. I had some fresh
mascarpone which would've been good, but I forgot it. DH poured a little
whole cream on top - he didn't whip it.
Dee Dee