Leg Cramps

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

yawn...quite obviously your cycle must be starting in a day or two evidenced by your comments to other members in several subsects of this forum...go away, please...
I see you still lack the ability to answer a simple question. Why the heck do you have to rely on something like Doritos when you really shouldn't be cramping due to nutritional deficiencies? Didn't you come from the sport that popularised Gatorade around 40 to 45 years ago?

Originally Posted by GetSetGoSports .

How would creatine affect his situation?
Because there's been anecdotal reports that it can damage your kidneys and more anecdotal reports saying that you're more likely to cramp...

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

I see you still lack the ability to answer a simple question. Why the heck do you have to rely on something like Doritos when you really shouldn't be cramping due to nutritional deficiencies? Didn't you come from the sport that popularised Gatorade around 40 to 45 years ago?

Because I truly believe that you just can't help yourself, I will continue to be longsuffering in your regard and address your query.

I quite frequently (at least once/week) go on long rides (4hrs+) because I love to ride my bike irrespective of the fact that I predominantly race crits, which have a duration under an hour. Occasionally during the summers up here in BC, the temp gets quite warm and during these long rides I will sweat out quite a bit of sodium evidenced by the white crust on my face and kit. On the rare occasion where I get some cramping, I'll stop and get a bag of Doritos and wash them down with some liquid - doesn't matter what.

So, to answer your question - it's not a situation of either this/or that as I will eat the Doritos and wash them down with some liquid. This response to my cramping is far and away more effective, for me, than simply drinking a sports drink by itself...

I hope you can rest now...