Leg much betterer!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Hey folkses ',;~}~

    Well, I got the hossie to remove my cast yesterday,a week early! I'd had enough of the damned thing,
    and 'd been full weight bearing for a couple of weeks anyhow, taking walks around the woods and
    river unaided. Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just fine now, carry on as normal!

    Bit weak, bit stiff, little sore, feels like it should be normal enough in another week or so ',;~}~

    Cheers!

    Shaun aRe

    P.s. - for those who tried to take a look before, but found the site to be down, it's back up now,
    and I still got pic of da week ',;~}~

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?G26423B47

    (www.reversemonster.com)

    Tags:

  2. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey folkses ',;~}~

    a'right Shaun

    > Well, I got the hossie to remove my cast yesterday,a week early! I'd had enough of the damned
    > thing, and 'd been full weight bearing for a couple
    of
    > weeks anyhow, taking walks around the woods and river unaided. Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just
    > fine now, carry on as normal! Bit weak, bit stiff, little sore, feels like it should be normal
    > enough in another week or so ',;~}~

    Great glad to hear it. Fancy a ride on Sunday then?

    > Shaun aRe
    >
    > P.s. - for those who tried to take a look before, but found the site to be down, it's back up now,
    > and I still got pic of da week ',;~}~

    If I know art, and I don't, that is a truly a fantastic picture.

    Steve.

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > Hey folkses ',;~}~
    >
    > a'right Shaun

    Aye!

    > > Well, I got the hossie to remove my cast yesterday,a week early! I'd had enough of the damned
    > > thing, and 'd been full weight bearing for a couple
    > of
    > > weeks anyhow, taking walks around the woods and river unaided. Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just
    > > fine now, carry on as normal! Bit weak, bit stiff, little sore, feels like it should be normal
    > > enough
    in
    > > another week or so ',;~}~
    >
    > Great glad to hear it. Fancy a ride on Sunday then?

    Nope! Thanks for the offer mate, but it's not quite up to that yet. ',;~}~

    > > Shaun aRe
    > >
    > > P.s. - for those who tried to take a look before, but found the site to
    be
    > > down, it's back up now, and I still got pic of da week ',;~}~
    >
    > If I know art, and I don't, that is a truly a fantastic picture.

    Heheheheh, thanks...I think?!?!?!? ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  4. Shaun R says:

    >Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just fine now, carry on as normal!

    Once again, my condolences to your missus ;-P

    Glad to hear it healed up fast. A good friend just shattered her ankle, with 26 new Golden Retriever
    puppies in the house. We are now on call. We'd be over there anyway to play with the little things
    anyway, but it sounds better this way ;-)

    Steve

  5. On 2004-02-04, Stephen Baker penned:
    > Shaun R says:
    >
    >>Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just fine now, carry on as normal!
    >
    > Once again, my condolences to your missus ;-P
    >
    > Glad to hear it healed up fast. A good friend just shattered her ankle, with 26 new Golden
    > Retriever puppies in the house. We are now on call. We'd be over there anyway to play with the
    > little things anyway, but it sounds better this way ;-)

    Good god. Twenty-six puppies? Just one is hard enough to handle!

    --
    monique

  6. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    You better watch that hilltop and grotto partying. Thats how you got that cast in the 1st place.
    Party on fat even gound.

    I MTB 2004

  7. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:46:54 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hey folkses ',;~}~
    >

    >Well, I got the hossie to remove my cast yesterday,a week early! I'd had enough of the damned
    >thing, and 'd been full weight bearing for a couple of weeks anyhow, taking walks around the woods
    >and river unaided. Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just fine now, carry on as normal!
    >
    >Bit weak, bit stiff, little sore, feels like it should be normal enough in another week or
    >so ',;~}~
    >
    >Cheers!
    >
    >Shaun aRe
    >
    >P.s. - for those who tried to take a look before, but found the site to be down, it's back up now,
    > and I still got pic of da week ',;~}~
    >

    >http://makeashorterlink.com/?G26423B47
    >
    >(www.reversemonster.com)

    Nice, glad you're back and well. Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them,
    one speed to bring them all and on the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared
    pigs lie...

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:46:54 +0000, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > Bit weak, bit stiff, little sore, feels like it should be normal enough in another week or
    > so ',;~}~

    Well done old bean. Here's hoping you'll be back on the tank soon.

    > P.s. - for those who tried to take a look before, but found the site to be down, it's back up now,
    > and I still got pic of da week ',;~}~
    >

    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?G26423B47

    Me likey. The pic of the week is quality.

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

  9. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun R says:
    >
    > >Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just fine now, carry on as normal!
    >
    > Once again, my condolences to your missus ;-P

    Why? She's the happiest woman I know.

    > Glad to hear it healed up fast.

    Cheers. I tend to heal fast, and with all the reiki-healing I've been sent, am not the least
    surprised it healed quick.

    > A good friend just shattered her ankle, with
    > 26 new Golden Retriever puppies in the house.

    Ouch!

    > We are now on call. We'd be over there anyway to play with the little things anyway, but it sounds
    better
    > this way ;-)

    Heheheh - a weak man to need excuses to play!

    Shaun aRe

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You better watch that hilltop and grotto partying.

    Why?

    > Thats how you got that cast in the 1st place.

    No shit Sherlock, I seem to remember being there. Heheheh...

    > Party on fat even gound.

    'As well', maybe. Been partying on that hillside cave for years without incident, ain't about to
    stop because of some freak accident. 'Shit happens'.

    Cheers!

    Shaun aRe

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:46:54 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hey folkses ',;~}~
    > >

    > >Well, I got the hossie to remove my cast yesterday,a week early! I'd had enough of the damned
    > >thing, and 'd been full weight bearing for a couple
    of
    > >weeks anyhow, taking walks around the woods and river unaided. Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just
    > >fine now, carry on as normal!
    > >
    > >Bit weak, bit stiff, little sore, feels like it should be normal enough
    in
    > >another week or so ',;~}~
    > >
    > >Cheers!
    > >
    > >Shaun aRe
    > >
    > >P.s. - for those who tried to take a look before, but found the site to
    be
    > >down, it's back up now, and I still got pic of da week ',;~}~
    > >

    > >http://makeashorterlink.com/?G26423B47
    > >
    > >(www.reversemonster.com)
    > >

    > Nice, glad you're back and well.

    Cheers 'Nice Bill' ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  13. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:46:54 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer"
    <[email protected]> blathered:

    >Well, I got the hossie to remove my cast yesterday,a week early! I'd had enough of the damned
    >thing, and 'd been full weight bearing for a couple of weeks anyhow, taking walks around the woods
    >and river unaided. Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just fine now, carry on as normal!

    one hopes you broke it on the bike.

    had a new cast put on my arm yesterday and, whaddya know, the hand is now in the right position to
    hold onto the bars. swap the brake cables round, bob's your uncle...

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:46:54 +0000, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > > Bit weak, bit stiff, little sore, feels like it should be normal enough
    in
    > > another week or so ',;~}~
    >
    > Well done old bean. Here's hoping you'll be back on the tank soon.

    Thanks, Jon - gonna maybe have a local tootle this w/e, but I have a slight concern I may be coming
    down with a bloody virus! Heheheh...

    > > P.s. - for those who tried to take a look before, but found the site to
    be
    > > down, it's back up now, and I still got pic of da week ',;~}~
    > >

    > > http://makeashorterlink.com/?G26423B47
    >
    > Me likey. The pic of the week is quality.

    <blush!>

    Cheers!

    Shaun aRe - Now if I only actually knew how to use Photoshop properly...

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:46:54 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> blathered:
    >
    > >Well, I got the hossie to remove my cast yesterday,a week early! I'd had enough of the damned
    > >thing, and 'd been full weight bearing for a couple
    of
    > >weeks anyhow, taking walks around the woods and river unaided. Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just
    > >fine now, carry on as normal!
    >
    > one hopes you broke it on the bike.

    Nope! I broke it on 30th Dec. last year (day before my b/day), in a cave, in The Lakes,
    partying...heheheh...

    > had a new cast put on my arm yesterday and, whaddya know, the hand is now in the right position to
    > hold onto the bars. swap the brake cables round, bob's your uncle...

    Heheheh, grand stuff! Hope it heals fast and well Pete.

    Shaun aRe

  16. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:50:49 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer"
    <[email protected]> blathered:

    >> >Well, I got the hossie to remove my cast yesterday,a week early! I'd had enough of the damned
    >> >thing, and 'd been full weight bearing for a couple
    >of
    >> >weeks anyhow, taking walks around the woods and river unaided. Anyhow, doctor guy says it's just
    >> >fine now, carry on as normal!
    >>
    >> one hopes you broke it on the bike.
    >
    >Nope! I broke it on 30th Dec. last year (day before my b/day), in a cave, in The Lakes,
    >partying...heheheh...

    a cave in the lakes...? dove cave? or the little hole in the ground by mungrisedale? afaik they're
    the only natural caves in the lakes, as opposed to abandoned mines. where was it?

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  17. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:50:49 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> blathered:

    > >of
    > >>
    > >> one hopes you broke it on the bike.
    > >
    > >Nope! I broke it on 30th Dec. last year (day before my b/day), in a cave,
    in
    > >The Lakes, partying...heheheh...
    >
    > a cave in the lakes...? dove cave? or the little hole in the ground by mungrisedale? afaik they're
    > the only natural caves in the lakes, as opposed to abandoned mines. where was it?

    Man made caves, slate, Cathedral Caverns at Dossworthy, Langdale. Know um?

    Mate had slipped on the loose slate floor coming back in from a piss. I got up to see he was Ok,
    slipped myself. didn't land hard at all, but landed with my fibula on a pointy rock, separated
    fracture was the result. Managed to get 5 hour's sleep or so, got aided off the frozen hill in the
    morning by Kath and Gaz, came back home and got checked out here, where I Know most of the A&E
    dept. ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  18. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:51:10 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer"
    <[email protected]> blathered:

    >> >Nope! I broke it on 30th Dec. last year (day before my b/day), in a cave

    >> a cave in the lakes...?

    >Man made caves, slate, Cathedral Caverns at Dossworthy, Langdale. Know um?

    know OF them, not been in them. i've had a poke around some of the lead/graphite/haematite mines in
    the N lakes. i used to do a lot of caving, i was just wondering if there was one locally i didn't
    know about.

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:51:10 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> blathered:

    > >> a cave in the lakes...?
    >
    > >Man made caves, slate, Cathedral Caverns at Dossworthy, Langdale. Know
    um?

    > know OF them, not been in them.

    Well, they're worth a visit for some - we like to have the occasional get-together at the smaller
    cave, but lower down is the Cathedral Cavern itself. This one is accessible via a decent sized
    tunnel, and of a reasonable size. The accoustics in there are amazing, and we've had some excellent
    jam-sessions in there. It's too big, cold and damp to camp in though. There's a little climbing to
    be had outside it, some of the routes look interesting, if a little short (IIRC, all single pitch,
    maybe 60 - 90 foot?).

    > i've had a poke around some of the lead/graphite/haematite mines in the N lakes. i used to do a
    > lot of caving, i was just wondering if there was one locally i didn't know about.

    Fair do's! Haven't been to those myself, although I'm sure my climbing Buddy Rob and my lil' bro
    Mark have taken a nosey around them.

    Cheers Pete,

    Shaun aRe

  20. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:23:38 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer"
    <[email protected]> blathered:

    >> lead/graphite/haematite mines in the N lakes
    >
    >Fair do's! Haven't been to those myself, although I'm sure my climbing Buddy Rob and my lil' bro
    >Mark have taken a nosey around them.

    they're worth a look if you're interested in such things:
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/mines/

    lots of industrial relics; the mining museum at threlkeld quarry is worth a visit for background
    info & advice.

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/