Leg Muscle Development

soonerbiker

Mar 7, 2005
I'm relatively new to cycling, and this is the first year that I've been riding seriously. I've got about 1700 miles under my belt so far this year, but I've noticed something odd now that my leg muscles have had time to develop: my right leg is much more muscular than my left leg. It's most noticable in my calves, and since I'm a very symmetrical/obsessive compulsive person; it's driving me crazy.:D

I've always thought that my left leg was a little longer than my right, so would that be a reason for the lack of development? Personally, I'm thinking that maybe since my left leg can't reach full extension, it's not generating as much power as my right. And if that's the case, what should I do to remedy the situation. See a doctor for a proper analysis/measurement? Visit a bike shop for alterations to my crank/pedals/shoes?

I guess it could be that I'm just using my right leg more than I should be, subconsciencly. Or I'm sure it could be something else that I'm totally overlooking. Anyways, any help/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks...