leg muscle imbalance relative to power question

anderbike

Apr 1, 2005
my legs are no where near as strong as my upper body. well stronger, just not really proportional. in order to better my cycling, and improve my musclar imbalance, it is very noticable, my upper body is quite bigger, i need to know what to do.

i want my legs to be bigger and more power i e more protien. should i lift, or just eat more protein and cycle harder.

i need some advice, help, data stat !

anderbike said:
my legs are no where near as strong as my upper body. well stronger, just not really proportional. in order to better my cycling, and improve my musclar imbalance, it is very noticable, my upper body is quite bigger, i need to know what to do.

i want my legs to be bigger and more power i e more protien. should i lift, or just eat more protein and cycle harder.

If you are entering a body building contest or have a lot of fat on you, no reason to reshape your body. You are just going to have to eat less and ride more and harder. Leg muscle shape is not a determinant in cycling performance unless you want to specialize in match sprinting, even then the world champion this year only weighs 165 pounds.

anderbike said:

Not sure if you're more concerned with aesthetics or performance. If performance is the major concern spend less time in the gym and more on the bike. Any gym time should address core strength, stretching and any muscle imbalances (quads/hamstrings for example - not upper to lower body).

If you simply want bigger leg muscles to address an aesthetic issue - just do more leg work in the gym.

DK