Leg shaving recommendations

R Zych

Guest
Presently I am using a disposable shaver but would like to try an electric shaver. What type is best
suited for shaving male legs or is the blade still the best. The reason for changing would be
convenience and I'm tired of all the nicks.

Thanx Rob

"R Zych" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Presently I am using a disposable shaver but would like to try an electric shaver. What type is
> best suited for shaving male legs or is the blade
still
> the best. The reason for changing would be convenience and I'm tired of
all
> the nicks.

There's a funny commercial on U.S. TV showing a bunch of Cat 1 racers and shaving. What brand is
that razor?

"Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in news:Lyf3a.105785$tq4.4022@sccrnsc01:

> "R Zych" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Presently I am using a disposable shaver but would like to try an electric shaver. What type is
>> best suited for shaving male legs or is the blade
> still
>> the best. The reason for changing would be convenience and I'm tired of
> all
>> the nicks.
>
> There's a funny commercial on U.S. TV showing a bunch of Cat 1 racers and shaving. What brand is
> that razor?

Troll-O-Meter

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

^

-b

Rob,

Get 'em waxed - last longer and over time the hair doesn't grow back. Draw back is the pain (why do
women do it?) and the cost.

scott

"R Zych" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Presently I am using a disposable shaver but would like to try an electric shaver. What type is
> best suited for shaving male legs or is the blade
still
> the best. The reason for changing would be convenience and I'm tired of
all
> the nicks.
>
> Thanx Rob

better yet, use Nair. I know its kinda sissy, but it works for me and with the quick 4 minute
formula its easy to do before a shower.

Drawbacks:
1. Smells awful
2. I slipped in the shower once as the damn stuff coated the floor of the shower while i
rinsed it off!

But for ease and convenience I prefer it to any kind of shaving.

In article <[email protected]>, "adflkj" <[email protected]> wrote:

> better yet, use Nair. I know its kinda sissy, but it works for me and with the quick 4 minute
> formula its easy to do before a shower.
>
> Drawbacks:
> 1. Smells awful
> 2. I slipped in the shower once as the damn stuff coated the floor of the shower while i rinsed
> it off!
>
> But for ease and convenience I prefer it to any kind of shaving.

Yuccckk... even I hate neet and Nair.

I just use those lady shave creams for legs- they don't smell bad, and what scents they do have wash
away in the shower so you don't smell 'girly'.

I remember my boyfriend used "EDGE" -for his face- the gel that becomes a foam. The lady shave
creams are like that. I remember he didn't like EDGE because he said it smelled like Sprite.

"Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "adflkj"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > better yet, use Nair. I know its kinda sissy, but it works for me and
with
> > the quick 4 minute formula its easy to do before a shower.
> >
> > Drawbacks:
> > 1. Smells awful
> > 2. I slipped in the shower once as the damn stuff coated the floor of
the
> > shower while i rinsed it off!
> >
> > But for ease and convenience I prefer it to any kind of shaving.
> >
> Yuccckk... even I hate neet and Nair.
>
> I just use those lady shave creams for legs- they don't smell bad, and what scents they do have
> wash away in the shower so you don't smell 'girly'.
>
> I remember my boyfriend used "EDGE" -for his face- the gel that becomes a foam. The lady shave
> creams are like that. I remember he didn't like EDGE because he said it smelled like Sprite.

I read in one of my ex's girly magazines (don't ask!) that conditioner works as a good lube to shave
legs with if you're out of regular stuff. Being a cheap *******, I modified that somewhat: I use
Pert plus shampoo "with the built in conditioner." Has the added benefit of smelling like shampoo...

Tried the eclectic once or twice, but like the regular way better.

Mike

Don't use a razor or an electric shaver. Use electric hair clippers without the guard covers. This
will allow you to shave to the skin, but it will not cause ingrown hairs and cuts. You can get one
at Walmart for 15 bucks. Mine has lasted 10 years so it's worth the money.

R Zych wrote:

>Presently I am using a disposable shaver but would like to try an electric shaver. What type is
>best suited for shaving male legs or is the blade still the best. The reason for changing would be
>convenience and I'm tired of all the nicks.
>
>Thanx Rob

On 2/17/03 12:27 PM, in article [email protected], "Cycling Joe"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Don't use a razor or an electric shaver. Use electric hair clippers without the guard covers.

I just use hedge clippers. If I put it off for too long I just use the weed wacker. (The ones with
the fishing line)

This will allow you to shave to the skin, but
> it will not cause ingrown hairs and cuts. You can get one at Walmart for 15 bucks. Mine has lasted
> 10 years so it's worth the money.
>
> R Zych wrote:
>
>> Presently I am using a disposable shaver but would like to try an electric shaver. What type is
>> best suited for shaving male legs or is the blade still the best. The reason for changing would
>> be convenience and I'm tired of all the nicks.
>>
>> Thanx Rob

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I read in one of my ex's girly magazines (don't ask!) that conditioner works as a good lube to
> shave legs with if you're out of regular stuff. Being a cheap *******, I modified that somewhat: I
> use Pert plus shampoo "with the built in conditioner." Has the added benefit of smelling like
> shampoo...

I've done the shampoo thing too. I switched to the Dove Moisturizing Body Wash because I get really
dry skin in the feb. and march. It seems to work very well for me.

In article <BA7690EF.2BE90%[email protected]>, steve <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2/17/03 12:27 PM, in article [email protected], "Cycling Joe"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Don't use a razor or an electric shaver. Use electric hair clippers without the guard covers.
>
> I just use hedge clippers. If I put it off for too long I just use the weed wacker. (The ones with
> the fishing line)

Hey, why stop there? Try pinking shears or perhaps, vegetable shears or even a lemon zester.

Mach III razor and clear aloe vera gel like the stuff made by Banana Boat. You can find this at most
Wallgreens, Longs, CVS Drugs, etc. Rub it on with some water and you'll find a little goes a long
way. The advantage of using aloe instead of shave cream is that you can see what you're doing with
the razor better and doesn't tend to dry out your skin as bad.

Be careful though, some aloe gels sold for treating sunburn include a type of numbing anesthetic
and/or menthol or eucalyptus ingredients. I prefer the clear gel that only contains vitamin E and
none of the pain releiving or cooling stuff.

-Gary

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I read in one of my ex's girly magazines (don't ask!) that conditioner works as a good lube to
> shave legs with if you're out of regular stuff. Being a cheap *******, I modified that somewhat: I
> use Pert plus shampoo "with the built in conditioner." Has the added benefit of smelling like
> shampoo...
>
> Tried the eclectic once or twice, but like the regular way better.
>
> Mike

Combination,

When I really want to get close, I use Nair, then I shave it off instead of washing it off.

Lasts the longest for me. I don't give a *&% about the smell (sissy's) and definetly use one, two,
three of those new three bladed razors. They work great.

Want to try waxing some day. My wife says it is the best, but I notice see doesn't wax (she's a
hairy italian), so I know it's got to hurt.

I own a Norelco (not that great). A Lady Remington (even worse), and borrow the top of the line
Braun from my sister (best of the electrics). None come close to nair and 3 bladed razors. So far.

news:[email protected]...