Leg Shaving?

HyunSeo

Jun 29, 2004
Are there any other reasons besides air resistence to shaving your legs? I heard it makes cleaning abrasions easier. When do you shave and up to where? Just below the knee or the thigh as well? My first race is coming up and I'm wondering if I should do it.

You shave your legs for many reasons; air resistance isn’t one of them. You should shave your legs before the race though. Here are the reasons you shave your legs:

1. Massage, it is really hard to massage your legs with oil when you have a forest growing from it. It is also a courtesy to the masseuse. She, or he, has plenty of people to massage, the smother the legs, the smoother her hands will be.

2. Crashing, if you do, yes it is easier to heal and quicker.

3. Clean look, it shows you care.

Rompinrhino said:
You shave your legs for many reasons; air resistance isn’t one of them. You should shave your legs before the race though. Here are the reasons you shave your legs:

1. Massage, it is really hard to massage your legs with oil when you have a forest growing from it. It is also a courtesy to the masseuse. She, or he, has plenty of people to massage, the smother the legs, the smoother her hands will be.

2. Crashing, if you do, yes it is easier to heal and quicker.

3. Clean look, it shows you care.

Its also alot cooler(temp), at least for me having been half of a chewbacca. It really made me cooler.

HyunSeo said:
Are there any other reasons besides air resistence to shaving your legs? I heard it makes cleaning abrasions easier. When do you shave and up to where? Just below the knee or the thigh as well? My first race is coming up and I'm wondering if I should do it.
All of the above reasons and the chicks love it......well some of them anyway. I shave up to about an inch or two past my tan line on the thigh but have mates who do more and less. Triathletes tend to go to the speedo line while most cyclists i know just go to the knick line. It is personal preference as to how high u go, but u must do the knees to get the full benefits (they are also the most difficult part IMO) I have known a MTBer who shaved only the knees....until he realised how silly it looked and did the lot!