Legit reviews? Light locks suggestions?

DynV

Sep 9, 2012
With a "new" bike a price bracket higher and weight lower than I ever had, I now put as little weight on it as possible, I only have a small handlebar bag (although considering getting one a bit bigger). Even if I try to stay away from it as little as I can, there's sometimes moments which only being hidden in wilderness would allow me to stay with it, so I bring a cheap cable which is wrapped around the bag (and handlebar). It's not easy to unwrap it so I miss small opportunities, like browsing in a store for under 10 minutes. A couple times I left it unattended while I refilled my bottle and I feel very unease, very worried it will be gone in the < 2 mins it takes me.

I'm looking for a light secure lock. I'm not sure which criteria is preferred but I'm leaning for lightness. I did a small search and found a site that look pretty nice but I know that some keen commission-seeking webmasters will make very legitimate-looking pages while of course emphasizing products getting more kickback. The page in question is Bike locks test 2012-13 - Bicycle Network and I'm hoping one (or more) of you can do some "sample test", looking a few review, to give me an evaluation of the page (of many reviews).

Thank you kindly

This one seems pretty good and not as heavy as the other chains:

Good thing about these chains compared with D-locks is that you definately need to cut them twice to open the link whilst D-locks you might be able to just cut one side of the shackle and then twist it, brake the mechanism of the lock and open the link, because I guess you can have more leverage in the D-lock then on the smaller chain links (which have the same cross section probably as the D-lock shackle). The crossbar seems to be in a steel cylinder in this one too but not the extra super strong steel the yellow ones from kryptonite have.

There are some independent lock reviews in this website:

http://www.soldsecure.com/

There are other organization like this one but I didnt find any listings with ratings for products like in this one. Here is their catalogue:

http://www.soldsecure.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/sold-secure-catalog-2013-pdf-download-lr.pdf

Thanks again. Do you mind looking at the page
Originally Posted by DynV .

The page in question is Bike locks test 2012-13 - Bicycle Network and I'm hoping one (or more) of you can do some "sample test", looking a few review, to give me an evaluation of the page (of many reviews).
a bit to give me your opinion if it's genuine or made for payoffs?

Originally Posted by DynV .

Thanks again. Do you mind looking at the page
a bit to give me your opinion if it's genuine or made for payoffs?
I wouldnt know... But the sold secure company, or organization or whatever it is, is testing alot of security products brands (and only security products) and publishes ratings.

The Kryptonite D-lock that I have had a "sold secure" logo on the box as well as an "Art" one (I think Art is another security products testing outfit like "Sold secure") and maybe another outfits logos too.

I think its a good place to check for info, but I wouldnt know if the other ones are actually -not- publishing other "safer" products reviews so they can -boost- the ones they are taking percentages from, if not something even more dubious /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif.