Legs Eleven

mr-s

Oct 8, 2004
Hi,

I work as a push bike messenger and cover 50 - 120km per day. I have been doing so for many years.

I have recently started training for triathlons, my Quads are pretty big and I wondered what I could do to 'slim down' my legs so they don't rub together whilst running. I was thinking high reps/low weight on the abductors?

I might not be able to do anything about it because I'm always on my bike.

Cheers

mr-s

Man, you're lucky. I wish I had to 'slim down' my legs. :( I want tree trunk sized ones lol

mr-s said:
Hi,

I work as a push bike messenger and cover 50 - 120km per day. I have been doing so for many years.

I have recently started training for triathlons, my Quads are pretty big and I wondered what I could do to 'slim down' my legs so they don't rub together whilst running. I was thinking high reps/low weight on the abductors?

I might not be able to do anything about it because I'm always on my bike.

Cheers

mr-s

Nope. That absolutely will not work. That's spot reduction, which is a myth.

Best bet is to ride in lower gears and to lose weight. The latter will be the most effective. Note -- if you are relatively lean already, then your quads are what they are. You'll have to starve off muscle to get them smaller.

Aztec said:
Nope. That absolutely will not work. That's spot reduction, which is a myth.

Best bet is to ride in lower gears and to lose weight. The latter will be the most effective. Note -- if you are relatively lean already, then your quads are what they are. You'll have to starve off muscle to get them smaller.
The only way to lose muscle mass through exercise is to do lots of insanely long rides, for months. Heavy endurance training over time will cause you to lose muscle mass.

I don't know why you want to lose leg muscle, I wish I had huge legs. Maybe you should try track racing.

velomanct said:
The only way to lose muscle mass through exercise is to do lots of insanely long rides, for months. Heavy endurance training over time will cause you to lose muscle mass.

I don't know why you want to lose leg muscle, I wish I had huge legs. Maybe you should try track racing.
Well, dude can also just eat less. Burn off muscle while riding (and walking around). Diet, diet, diet. Trust me, the last year took away about 10lbs of muscle that took me several years in the gym to build. :-(

Thanks to all,

I am in hardcore training now. It was fine in London when I was training hard....suppose I was just looking for the 'easy' option.

mr-s