legs ripped off!!!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Duckwah, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

Well i dragged my butt out of bed today to go riding at 0600 and man was it a mistake!

I felt terrible the whole time and i constantly got dropped by my riding partner on the hills which is a bit unusual cause normally i'm the first one up!!

anyway thats my grumble for the day!

Tags:

2. Torm3ntoR

Torm3ntoR New Member

Ive tried to do this myself and i cant get my heart to beat as fast as usual... And my legs, like yoghurt or something... :( Much better do do active recovery in the morning and do some heavier riding in the evening!

3. Vo2

Vo2 Member

Don't you just hate those days! :mad:
    Fortunately, I'm at the stage of my life where I can easily call it a day if I'm not feeling up to it. I did a 90k ride on Sunday which took me 3 hrs. No pressure and nothing to prove.

4. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

yeah i'd prefer to train in the afternoons but everyone in sydney trains at 0600 sharp!!

went out again today and was feeling better and then it rained!!

5. Mampara

Mampara New Member

I'm on the bike at 5:15 (am, if you are wondering) and try to do a 2 hour ride, between 45-60km depending on route. In May I will probably start at 6:00 because then the season is over and done with.

6. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

I start riding at 0600 after 12 hours on night shift which is a bit of a killer

If i didn't have such a good looking training partner i'd do a lot less morning rides i think!

7. redandblack

redandblack New Member

how can you ride that early????

When I wake up @ 6:30 AM Its barely 40 degrees (F) out yet. It must be location or something. The Temperature didn't get warm enough to ride untill 9:30 AM.

8. maarten

maarten New Member

Today I was useless.
    After 15k 3th time over the not so steep climb with only 42kù/u average I got dropped of the back, never had such a bad day this year. Maybe, probabely due to the fact that I didn't ride for the last 3 days(thir, fri sat) due to a crash on monday altough the wednesday race 45,1 km/u and 39out of 273 was ok.