Legs up after ride?

FloydLandis

Jun 13, 2006
Does this help anyone else. I have just started recently spending time elevating my legs after rides as often as possible. I feel like it helps to freshen my legs more quickly but i fear it may be in my head.

Only thing that helps my legs recover quicker is CHO and little protein. pasta, bread, bean burritos, sports drink.

FloydLandis said:
Does this help anyone else. I have just started recently spending time elevating my legs after rides as often as possible. I feel like it helps to freshen my legs more quickly but i fear it may be in my head.
It's not just in your head. Elevating your legs helps clear out the lactic acid in your legs from your training ride. Standing in cold water will have the same effect.

jagler said:
It's not just in your head. Elevating your legs helps clear out the lactic acid in your legs from your training ride. Standing in cold water will have the same effect.

From what i understand, lactic acid is not in the legs minutes after riding.

jagler said:

What would you think of this then?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/..._uids=16372177&query_hl=3&itool=pubmed_docsum

And, on a side note, why would you be worried about clearing Lactic Acid post-exercise? :rolleyes:

As far as elevated legs, it seems like that would aid the lymphatic system in draining the waste products from the legs because it wouldn't have to fight gravity to do so. Has anyone seen research done on the subject?

Justin

FloydLandis said:
Yeah! I do it all the time!. I sit in my favorite lounger chair with a cold brewsky and some carbo loading chips. You know it's a slow process, so I try to manage as most time as I can...that is ...until my wife barges madly in to the TV room with a chore list (Did I mentioned you need some decompression time as well? Need to watch some mindless cycling or bikini competition).

My scientific approach:eek:

hey anybody tried these foot detox pads, for removing toxins from the blood and body, analysis on this site i visited shows they remove lead and heavy metals by osmosis through the feet. i know the amount of lead i consume over a weekend is bordering on critical!!!