Leipheimer also out

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Steve McGinty, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. Broke a bone in his lower back - what were you saying about UK riders and crashes, Henry?

    Regards! Stephen

    Tags:

  2. Last news is that he may be NOT out... Back injury is what they say.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]_DOT_.com> wrote in message

    > http://tinyurl.com/g5ib

    Could yall please stop with this tinyurl stuff. Or if you feel the need to use it, please also give
    the complete URL for posterity.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  4. On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:06:00 GMT, "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Steve McGinty" <[email protected]_DOT_.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> http://tinyurl.com/g5ib
    >

    >Could yall please stop with this tinyurl stuff. Or if you feel the need to use it, please also give
    >the complete URL for posterity.
    >
    >JT

    What's the prob? It takes you straight there and stops any wrapping problems. If you must -

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/?id=news/jul03/jul07news

    Regards! Stephen

  5. "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]_DOT_.com> wrote in message

    > What's the prob? It takes you straight there and stops any wrapping problems.

    The problem is that if that tiny URL company goes out of business, all the links will break. I look
    through old usenet stuff a lot (and suspect some other people do too) and there is a already a
    problem with old URLs not working due to the site in question closing down. Adding another possible
    thing to go wrong doesn't help.

  6. "Mapei81" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >The problem is that if that tiny URL company goes out of business, all the links will break. I
    > >look through old usenet stuff a lot (and suspect some other people do too) and there is a already
    > >a problem with old URLs not working due to the site in question closing down. Adding another
    > >possible thing to go wrong doesn't help.
    >
    > So just use the tinyURL to open up the site and then save it on your own computer any way
    > you want.
    >
    > No big deal, if you're a posterity kind of guy. For the rest of us, tinyURL simplifies things.

    Perhaps I wasn't clear. I meant that me or someone might be looking trough the Google archive or
    another archive a few years from now and at that time, if the tinyURL company has gone out of
    business, links in the articles then will be broken.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  7. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    Carl Sundquist wrote:

    > "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]_DOT_.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > http://tinyurl.com/g5ib
    > >

    > > Could yall please stop with this tinyurl stuff. Or if you feel the need to use it, please also
    > > give the complete URL for posterity.
    > >

    > Is that in the FAQ?

    Tiny URLs are ideal for sites that are ephemeral, like eBay auctions. More permanent sites should
    have a permanent URL for Google. Besides, I like to know where I'm going.

  8. "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]>

    > Perhaps I wasn't clear. I meant that me or someone might be looking trough the Google archive or
    > another archive a few years from now and at that time, if the tinyURL company has gone out of
    > business, links in the articles then will be broken.

    That seems a bit regimented to me. If we were discussing something on a professional level I could
    understand the need for actual URLs, but in this NG we're a bunch of bike geeks frequently
    speculating on stuff we only know by second or third hand information at best.