Leipheimer beaten

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Eldrack, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Eldrack

Eldrack New Member

Up brasstown bald by two people! He lead for most of the climb but couldn't shake Trent Lowe or Kanstantin Siutsou the later of whom attack to win the stage. Leipheimer tried attack Lowe and failed, Lowe counter attack and took 6 seconds out of him.

I'll be honest, never heard of Kanstantin Siutsou before, anyone know who he is?

Tags:

2. RdBiker

RdBiker New Member

Well I've heard of him but the name is all I know about him.
    Interesting to hear Levi just letting Siutsou ride away, it seems he's peaking for the autumn. Am I correct? Or has Astana ran out of vitamins since Kloden's probably not allowed to order them from Ebay any more...

But it's pretty sure Leipheimer can say farewell to his TdG win...the last stage is looking pretty flat and I'm sure High Road can keep the pack together in the penultimate bump.

3. thunder

thunder New Member

former world champ

I think he won the road, about 2004 u23, and finished perhaps 3rd, in the tt.

Let me think at winners

Velits/Boom(tt)
    Ciolek/Cornu
    shit, struggling,
    Grabovskyy/Ignatiev

ahhh, mind aint working atm. It might be 2004.

He was at Barlo, was about 15th on GC before a meltdown at the Tour last year on one Queen stage perhaps, ended 23 on GC, top few on white jersey.

Gotta be about 25, and one of the better GT prospects for his age

Belarussian

4. confusedfan

confusedfan New Member

5. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Tommy D. only lost eleven and a half minutes. Things might be looking up for him. I'm sure his Giro form is just around the corner.

Hamilton must be carrying his twin on his back. He barely beat Tommy.

6. thoughtforfood

thoughtforfood New Member

Dominguez beat Hamilton yesterday...I think all the fake tanning cream poisoning his system or something.

7. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Beaten like a redheaded stepchild !

8. thunder

thunder New Member

:D <ranga>

9. jimmypop

jimmypop New Member

Ouch. A has-been and a coulda-been nearly holding hands across the finish line.

10. Eldrack

Eldrack New Member

Looks like his back is still causing problems, either that or the missed training due to injury means he doesn't have any form.

11. thoughtforfood

thoughtforfood New Member

No matter what, Trent Lowe had the "you fucking blew it" moment of the US domestic scene this year.

12. leerobbs

leerobbs New Member

I watched the last three days of the tdg and I was on brasstown bald about 200 meters from the top when they all came by. Tommy D was in the lead group for sometime as they approached Brasstown as was the yellow jersey (Trent Lowe) Tommy D's team mate. When they rounded the corner where we were, Trent Lowe was on Levi's back wheel and they both were in some pain. They were 30 meter or so behind the High road rider. When Tommy D went by he was asking if anyone knew who had won the stage. I think he had been riding for Trent Lowe earlier when he was in the lead pack and might have shot his wad. His girlfriend came by before the riders arrived and was chalking some hearts on the road for Tommy and I heard her say they he has had a herniated disc in his back and has been really working on trying to get that resolved this spring. Brasstown Bald is a real pain. The ride makes its way over Unicoi Gap about 12-15 miles before Brasstown Bald. Unicoi Gap has got to be about 4-6 miles of climbing with a desent and then another 4-5 miles of tough rollers before they begin Brasstown that is almost 4 miles of very steep climbing average 12 percent with some 23 percent areas. Those boys showed the pain on their faces!

13. bobke

bobke New Member

Ah yes, those words have been spoken before. And not by you...unless you are in fact Hugh.

14. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Good info. Thanx.

15. OAR8

OAR8 New Member

drawing hearts? what about the cockandballs?

16. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Is Trent Lowe doing the Giro? That could be interesting.

17. thunder

thunder New Member

he is, but he is a bit off the best.

Top 20 would be a good result.

Future top 5 Vuelta/Giro rider.

Without the dope, that is about as good as you can do.

18. helmutRoole2

helmutRoole2 New Member

I did some races with him in 2005 and was left utterly unimpressed. I was surprised when he got picked up by Disco the next year. They must have run a battery of physiological tests and the numbers came up right.

His performance nice could be attributed to dope, but sometimes endurance athletes go through these bouts when they're just worthless for a couple months, sometimes longer. Believe me, when I raced him, he looked out of it: pale, zero vascularity/muscle tone, sunken eyes. I'm going to check him out on television and see what he looks like now.

19. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

If you were able to look at him during a race and he looked spent... maybe you retired too early Helmut... [​IMG]

BTW - are you still interested in going up to Mt Hood for the race mid-May?

20. thunder

thunder New Member

looks no different.

he really struggled at USPS in Europe the last two years. Discovery I mean.

Really struggled to come in the front half of the peloton.

Then Paris Nice he was hyped and hyped and then had a crash and a puncture and performaned badly as a result of it. We will see.

I don't think he is much. But Maxime Monfort, Devolder and Danielson all walk into the top ten at the Vuelta, and the sport is cleaning up, so he could have the potential to do a top 5 in those races in half a dozen years.