Leipheimer, Hincapie & Julich slam Basso singing... is Discovery in disarray again ?

whiteboytrash said:
What do you mean ? The knife cuts very deep...... mark my words.... Discovery like last year will be in disarray.... perhaps its you who has the delivery problems ? bit premature ?

No i'm referring to the fact that none of the 3 riders you mentioned "slammed" basso. If you're going make a juicy title, you better have a juicy post or link to back it up. Yours was boring. I want my 30 seconds back for clicking on your thread.

dexjava said:
Yours was boring. I want my 30 seconds back for clicking on your thread.

Mate, I'd ask to have back the 9 ******** years of watching USPS/Disco's Chemical Ali & co. juicing it up all over France... and while your at it ask your mum nicely if she can retrieve the ***** from you sheets you left in cranking over that ****... loser... the knife cuts deep…. Another WBT clean winner.

whiteboytrash said:

Mate, I'd ask to have back the 9 ******** years of watching USPS/Disco's Chemical Ali & co. juicing it up all over France... and while your at it ask your mum nicely if she can retrieve the ***** from you sheets you left in cranking over that ****... loser... the knife cuts deep…. Another WBT clean winner.
It's only seven years Armstrong dominated for, and 1999 + 2003 where fairly interesting to watch, but yes the others where pretty boring, and they're all doped up to some extent anyway so you can't blame it all on USPS/Disco.

helmutRoole2 said:
Dex... he's got you on that one, WBT. Well, I don't know about "another," but it didn't deliver as advertised.

Is it a title or a headline? I like headline. I try to write mine in headline style. AP of course. In fact, all my writing is done as per the AP Style Book. I think that should be a rule on this forum and those unwilling to abide should be made to display avatars designed by myself, the Helmut Man.

All in favor say aye.

All opposed say nay.

The ayes have and so it shall be.
If it's a headline from the AP you can be pretty sure what follows is all BS. I think you should use another style. :)

whiteboytrash said:

while your at it ask your mum nicely if she can retrieve the ***** from you sheets you left in cranking over that ****
Why? You want a lick? Sick f***er.

whiteboytrash said:

Hahaha, looks like I hit a nerve. I'm not sure that = you win. Also, if you have to declare yourself the winner of a forum post, you're obviously the loser.

I wonder where lim is on this one to clean up this spew. I suppose he can't be bothered to control his bed-mate.

dexjava said:
Hahaha, looks like I hit a nerve. I'm not sure that = you win. Also, if you have to declare yourself the winner of a forum post, you're obviously the loser.

I wonder where lim is on this one to clean up this spew. I suppose he can't be bothered to control his bed-mate.
:D :D :D

whiteboytrash said:
First Levi:

"I was a little disappointed they had signed Basso," Leipheimer told the LA Times before his prologue win in Sunday's Tour of California opener.
"I understand in a way why a team would want to sign a rider who's the biggest favourite of all to win the Tour de France, but without a doubt the questions about Ivan remain."

Now big George gets in on the act:

"I was a little surprised," long-time Discovery domestique George Hincapie said about his initial reaction to the Basso signing. "I guess all I'll say is that I have a lot of confidence in [sporting director] Johan [Bruneel]."

..and finally Julich put the knife into Basso:

"I do respect Ivan as a person, a cyclist, a father," Julich said. "About the doping, nothing was ever decided so it's just hard for me to form an opinion. I can't say whether I would have signed him on my team or whether Discovery should have. I just don't know."

...the final question remains... will the Discovery have another **** season like 06 ? I think so.....
Eh....WBT.....WTF is Basso singing about? So what if Basso sings funny. You would think that a fart smalla like you would take the time to proof read a title. Anyway.....you win...whatever you will say next:

US cycling is a _______(insert negative here). Any race outside of Europe is __________ (insert another negative here) and is a waste of time. All professional cyclists are dopers and the entire sport is _________(insert another negative).

Negatives(for those without the loser attitude of WBT)
fraud
singing
waste
stupid
dumb
bore
rediculous

I'm sure WBT will be here to post another negative reply and ruin these forums. I just stopped by to check out the forums and immediately determined they were not worth while since obviously there are no moderators here to keep anyone in check.

Jack arses like WBT do nothing but babble bullshite and spew negative worthless commentary for the sake of helping to burn a few hours of their hopeless existence each day. Then....WBT doesn't even take the time to spell check such a obviously well thought out title. Well done WBT...I think you win....and I'll be on the edge of my seat awaiting your response.

You 'Effin loser co** suc*in' smack talker.

Now......just so everyone is on the same page. This post is a somewhat (although barely) exaggerated example of the kind of post found here on a regular basis by WBT. He contributes little to nothing and takes away from the forums. Much like my post here today. But Im doing it as an example...he does it because he can.

Now...back to reglarly scheduled programming.

Oh yea....FU WBT

whiteboytrash said:
First Levi:

"I was a little disappointed they had signed Basso," Leipheimer told the LA Times before his prologue win in Sunday's Tour of California opener.
"I understand in a way why a team would want to sign a rider who's the biggest favourite of all to win the Tour de France, but without a doubt the questions about Ivan remain."

Now big George gets in on the act:

"I was a little surprised," long-time Discovery domestique George Hincapie said about his initial reaction to the Basso signing. "I guess all I'll say is that I have a lot of confidence in [sporting director] Johan [Bruneel]."

..and finally Julich put the knife into Basso:

"I do respect Ivan as a person, a cyclist, a father," Julich said. "About the doping, nothing was ever decided so it's just hard for me to form an opinion. I can't say whether I would have signed him on my team or whether Discovery should have. I just don't know."

...the final question remains... will the Discovery have another **** season like 06 ? I think so.....
Obsesses much WBT?

WhiteBoyTarsh said:
Eh....WBT.....WTF is Basso singing about? So what if Basso sings funny. You would think that a fart smalla like you would take the time to proof read a title. Anyway.....you win...whatever you will say next:

US cycling is a _______(insert negative here). Any race outside of Europe is __________ (insert another negative here) and is a waste of time. All professional cyclists are dopers and the entire sport is _________(insert another negative).

Negatives(for those without the loser attitude of WBT)
fraud
singing
waste
stupid
dumb
bore
rediculous

I'm sure WBT will be here to post another negative reply and ruin these forums. I just stopped by to check out the forums and immediately determined they were not worth while since obviously there are no moderators here to keep anyone in check.

Jack arses like WBT do nothing but babble bullshite and spew negative worthless commentary for the sake of helping to burn a few hours of their hopeless existence each day. Then....WBT doesn't even take the time to spell check such a obviously well thought out title. Well done WBT...I think you win....and I'll be on the edge of my seat awaiting your response.

You 'Effin loser co** suc*in' smack talker.

Now......just so everyone is on the same page. This post is a somewhat (although barely) exaggerated example of the kind of post found here on a regular basis by WBT. He contributes little to nothing and takes away from the forums. Much like my post here today. But Im doing it as an example...he does it because he can.

Now...back to reglarly scheduled programming.

Oh yea....FU WBT

What can I say ? The knife cuts deep.... oh and who brought the crass American ?

Tim Lamkin said:
Talking to yourself, shows inbreeding :eek:

Anyone get the feeling Disco will be the only team not to sign up to this ? or will they find another loophole ? Rest days in the Tour was always there most busy.... there was a lot of blood to get through...
_____

The International Cycling Union will announce a series of tough drugs-testing measures today in an effort to repair the tarnished image of the sport.

The new programme, called “100 per cent Against Doping”, follows on the heels of the Spanish inquiry into blood doping known as Operation Puerto and the positive test at the Tour de France last year by Floyd Landis, the winner.

All riders will be subject to having their urine tested without notice during training or rest periods. The tests will be aimed notably at detecting erythropoietin (EPO), the blood-boosting drug. There will also be random blood tests designed to track down blood manipulation such as transfusions, and a blood profile will be established for every rider.

Each of the 20 Pro-Tour teams will have to pay €30,000 (about £20,400) a year to help to finance the programme and riders must sign a document authorising DNA tests to help to identify them when banned substances are found. All teams will have to sign a code establishing tougher sanctions in case of doping offences

whiteboytrash said:
Anyone get the feeling Disco will be the only team not to sign up to this ? or will they find another loophole ? Rest days in the Tour was always there most busy.... there was a lot of blood to get through...
_____

Oh of course. As we know, Disco is the only team on the Pro Tour that dopes! Right WBT?

whiteboytrash said:
The International Cycling Union will announce a series of tough drugs-testing measures today in an effort to repair the tarnished image of the sport.

The new programme, called “100 per cent Against Doping”, follows on the heels of the Spanish inquiry into blood doping known as Operation Puerto and the positive test at the Tour de France last year by Floyd Landis, the winner.

All riders will be subject to having their urine tested without notice during training or rest periods. The tests will be aimed notably at detecting erythropoietin (EPO), the blood-boosting drug. There will also be random blood tests designed to track down blood manipulation such as transfusions, and a blood profile will be established for every rider.

Each of the 20 Pro-Tour teams will have to pay €30,000 (about £20,400) a year to help to finance the programme and riders must sign a document authorising DNA tests to help to identify them when banned substances are found. All teams will have to sign a code establishing tougher sanctions in case of doping offences

This sounds like an interesting measure. I bet it'll be met with lots of resistance from Disco. Oh and ummm... every other team! I'm sure that Disco (oh and ummm... every other team) will be looking for a way around it.

whiteboytrash said:
Each of the 20 Pro-Tour teams will have to pay €30,000 (about £20,400) a year to help to finance the programme and riders must sign a document authorising DNA tests to help to identify them when banned substances are found.
This does not make sense. 30K is enough to pay for rougly 100 tests. Divide by twenty-five riders and you get four tests per rider. An effective program needs a test per week for each rider. That's 15K euros per rider or about 400K per team.

Bro Deal said:
This does not make sense. 30K is enough to pay for rougly 100 tests. Divide by twenty-five riders and you get four tests per rider. An effective program needs a test per week for each rider. That's 15K euros per rider or about 400K per team.

Sounds like its all for show... McQuaid probably got buy in from the teams before he announced... like "ok I need to introduce a doping strategy to look as thou we are tackling the doping problem... if I got you guys to commit 30k for four tests a year per rider and we'll tell you 4 weeks before each test who's going to be tested - would you guys sign up ?"

Bro Deal said:

Good point! It very well could be just for show as WBT pointed out. Frustrating...

Bro Deal said:
They'd be better off assigning a chaperone, a WADA official, to each team with unlimited access to luggage, hotel rooms, homes...

Nevermind. They'd be paid off instantly.

helmutRoole2 said:
They'd be better off assigning a chaperone, a WADA official, to each team with unlimited access to luggage, hotel rooms, homes...

Nevermind. They'd be paid off instantly.

If they could do that, and somehow prevent that officials assigned to the teams from being paid off, that's really one of the only things that WADA could do that would be effective and actually have an impact on the riders' ability to dope. The testing methods are pointless if you ask me. There's no way they'll ever get ahead of the game with the testing in my opinion.

meehs said:
If they could do that, and somehow prevent that officials assigned to the teams from being paid off, that's really one of the only things that WADA could do that would be effective and actually have an impact on the riders' ability to dope. The testing methods are pointless if you ask me. There's no way they'll ever get ahead of the game with the testing in my opinion.
I've floated that idea once before. Certainly WADA/UCI has thought of it. I'd bet most of the dopers are doping daily. They couldn't make a grand tour without getting caught at some point.