Lemix Sour Mix

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Rick & Cyndi, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    Okay, now that I've calmed down from my exhausting trip at Krogers... 2 weeks ago I was in
    Mansfield, Ohio for the funeral of my G'ma (GIL, technically)... we went to the Brown Derby
    Roadhouse and had a terrific meal and the best margarita EVER. I asked what the mix used was and the
    answer was "Lemix" brand.

    I've googled and can't locate any for sale... I've also put in a request for it at the town's
    package store (thankfully not owned or ran by the same Kroger people....) but haven't heard
    from them yet.

    If anyone has some... could you give me the particulars please - as in address...?

    Thanks,
    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

    Tags:

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s01...
    > Okay, now that I've calmed down from my exhausting trip at Krogers...

    Well thank goodness for that. Wow, imagine if something important actually happened.

    Asshole.

  3. Bolivar

    Bolivar Guest

    Rick & Cyndi wrote:

    > Okay, now that I've calmed down from my exhausting trip at Krogers... 2 weeks ago I was in
    > Mansfield, Ohio for the funeral of my G'ma (GIL, technically)... we went to the Brown Derby
    > Roadhouse and had a terrific meal and the best margarita EVER. I asked what the mix used was and
    > the answer was "Lemix" brand.
    >
    > I've googled and can't locate any for sale...
    > --
    > Cyndi

    Cyndi, you might want to check Delimex, it's a Mexican food company, and they may make
    cocktail mixes too. I have never seen the mixes, if they do. Apparentyly they were recently
    acquired by Heinz.

    HTH, Boli

  4. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "Bolivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : Rick & Cyndi wrote:
    : >
    : > Okay, now that I've calmed down from my exhausting trip at Krogers... 2 weeks ago I was in
    : > Mansfield, Ohio for the
    funeral
    : > of my G'ma (GIL, technically)... we went to the Brown Derby Roadhouse and had a terrific meal
    : > and the best margarita
    EVER. I
    : > asked what the mix used was and the answer was "Lemix" brand.
    : >
    : > I've googled and can't locate any for sale...
    : > --
    : > Cyndi
    :
    :
    : Cyndi, you might want to check Delimex, it's a Mexican food
    company,
    : and they may make cocktail mixes too. I have never seen the
    mixes, if
    : they do. Apparentyly they were recently acquired by Heinz.
    :
    : HTH, Boli
    ====

    Thanks Boli. I'll check into it.

    I tell ya though, for someone that normally thinks Margaritas are just so-so... this one absolutely
    rocked! It was a greenish-blue color and crystal clear. Silky smooth too!

    Thanks a bunch... oh, BTW are you going to make Damsel's shindig? I'm planning on the whole 3 days.

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  5. Laura

    Laura Guest

    LeMix cocktail mix is a very popular mixer for with cocktails. I am not
    certain if it is available at a normal grocery but I would look by the
    beer/wine/ at the grocery. I am from Ohio so perhaps that is why the name
    is so common to me Might be an Ohio thing..<giggle> We are worse than any
    other area of the country for doing things our own way sometimes I think!
    I'll look next time I am out shopping but that won't be for a week. let me
    know of you want me to check. I'll just be munching on my Pazaki till
    then.. :)

    --
    Laura

    GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!

    "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s01...
    > Okay, now that I've calmed down from my exhausting trip at Krogers... 2 weeks ago I was in
    > Mansfield, Ohio for the funeral of my G'ma (GIL, technically)... we went to the Brown Derby
    > Roadhouse and had a terrific meal and the best margarita EVER. I asked what the mix used was and
    > the answer was "Lemix" brand.
    >
    > I've googled and can't locate any for sale... I've also put in a request for it at the town's
    > package store (thankfully not owned or ran by the same Kroger people....) but haven't heard from
    > them yet.
    >
    > If anyone has some... could you give me the particulars please - as in address...?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>
    >
    > --
    > Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  6. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : LeMix cocktail mix is a very popular mixer for with cocktails.
    I am not
    : certain if it is available at a normal grocery but I would look
    by the
    : beer/wine/ at the grocery. I am from Ohio so perhaps that is
    why the name
    : is so common to me Might be an Ohio thing..<giggle> We are
    worse than any
    : other area of the country for doing things our own way
    sometimes I think!
    : I'll look next time I am out shopping but that won't be for a
    week. let me
    : know of you want me to check. I'll just be munching on my
    Pazaki till
    : then.. :)
    :
    : --
    : Laura
    :
    : GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!
    :=========

    Laura,

    I'd be extremely happy if you'd take a peek. My guess is that it's more of an East-coaster (compared
    to Armpit, Illinois) thing. {grumble growl...} Bummer that I didn't find out the name of the mix
    until *after* I/we got back home. I'm guessing that we may be headed out that way in ... I dunno...
    May-ish. Although, it sure would be nice to have another marg. that tasted decent *before* then...
    <hint, hint>. LOL

    Actually, if you do find yourself at the store and wouldn't mind picking up a bottle or two, I would
    appreciate it. I'll certainly pay postage too and promise to send a little goodie box in
    appreciation of your efforts. It's almost time to do another batch of biscotti... of course, if
    you're doing the Atkins I can be more creative... Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  7. Laura

    Laura Guest

    whiskey sour mix....closest I can thin of a mix like lemix.. I will check though this weekend at the
    grocery..I might just call the bar at the corner and ask them! It was also always an ingredient (a
    large splash) added to long island iced tea I recall..I can't drink those in my 'old age' . Can
    barely handle 1 beer...
    --
    Laura

    GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!