Lemix Sour Mix

Rick & Cyndi

Guest
Okay, now that I've calmed down from my exhausting trip at Krogers... 2 weeks ago I was in
Mansfield, Ohio for the funeral of my G'ma (GIL, technically)... we went to the Brown Derby
Roadhouse and had a terrific meal and the best margarita EVER. I asked what the mix used was and the
answer was "Lemix" brand.

I've googled and can't locate any for sale... I've also put in a request for it at the town's
package store (thankfully not owned or ran by the same Kroger people....) but haven't heard
from them yet.

If anyone has some... could you give me the particulars please - as in address...?

Thanks,
--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>

--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

Rick & Cyndi wrote:

> Okay, now that I've calmed down from my exhausting trip at Krogers... 2 weeks ago I was in
> Mansfield, Ohio for the funeral of my G'ma (GIL, technically)... we went to the Brown Derby
> Roadhouse and had a terrific meal and the best margarita EVER. I asked what the mix used was and
> the answer was "Lemix" brand.
>
> I've googled and can't locate any for sale...
> --
> Cyndi

Cyndi, you might want to check Delimex, it's a Mexican food company, and they may make
cocktail mixes too. I have never seen the mixes, if they do. Apparentyly they were recently
acquired by Heinz.

HTH, Boli

"Bolivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: Rick & Cyndi wrote:
: >
: > Okay, now that I've calmed down from my exhausting trip at Krogers... 2 weeks ago I was in
: > Mansfield, Ohio for the
funeral
: > of my G'ma (GIL, technically)... we went to the Brown Derby Roadhouse and had a terrific meal
: > and the best margarita
EVER. I
: > asked what the mix used was and the answer was "Lemix" brand.
: >
: > I've googled and can't locate any for sale...
: > --
: > Cyndi
:
:
: Cyndi, you might want to check Delimex, it's a Mexican food
company,
: and they may make cocktail mixes too. I have never seen the
mixes, if
: they do. Apparentyly they were recently acquired by Heinz.
:
: HTH, Boli
====

Thanks Boli. I'll check into it.

I tell ya though, for someone that normally thinks Margaritas are just so-so... this one absolutely
rocked! It was a greenish-blue color and crystal clear. Silky smooth too!

Thanks a bunch... oh, BTW are you going to make Damsel's shindig? I'm planning on the whole 3 days.

--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

LeMix cocktail mix is a very popular mixer for with cocktails. I am not
certain if it is available at a normal grocery but I would look by the
beer/wine/ at the grocery. I am from Ohio so perhaps that is why the name
is so common to me Might be an Ohio thing..<giggle> We are worse than any
other area of the country for doing things our own way sometimes I think!
I'll look next time I am out shopping but that won't be for a week. let me
know of you want me to check. I'll just be munching on my Pazaki till
then.. :)

--
Laura

GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!

"Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Okay, now that I've calmed down from my exhausting trip at Krogers... 2 weeks ago I was in
> Mansfield, Ohio for the funeral of my G'ma (GIL, technically)... we went to the Brown Derby
> Roadhouse and had a terrific meal and the best margarita EVER. I asked what the mix used was and
> the answer was "Lemix" brand.
>
> I've googled and can't locate any for sale... I've also put in a request for it at the town's
> package store (thankfully not owned or ran by the same Kroger people....) but haven't heard from
> them yet.
>
> If anyone has some... could you give me the particulars please - as in address...?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>
>
> --
> Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: LeMix cocktail mix is a very popular mixer for with cocktails.
I am not
: certain if it is available at a normal grocery but I would look
by the
: beer/wine/ at the grocery. I am from Ohio so perhaps that is
why the name
: is so common to me Might be an Ohio thing..<giggle> We are
worse than any
: other area of the country for doing things our own way
sometimes I think!
: I'll look next time I am out shopping but that won't be for a
week. let me
: know of you want me to check. I'll just be munching on my
Pazaki till
: then.. :)
:
: --
: Laura
:
: GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!
:=========

Laura,

I'd be extremely happy if you'd take a peek. My guess is that it's more of an East-coaster (compared
to Armpit, Illinois) thing. {grumble growl...} Bummer that I didn't find out the name of the mix
until *after* I/we got back home. I'm guessing that we may be headed out that way in ... I dunno...
May-ish. Although, it sure would be nice to have another marg. that tasted decent *before* then...
<hint, hint>. LOL

Actually, if you do find yourself at the store and wouldn't mind picking up a bottle or two, I would
appreciate it. I'll certainly pay postage too and promise to send a little goodie box in
appreciation of your efforts. It's almost time to do another batch of biscotti... of course, if
you're doing the Atkins I can be more creative... Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

whiskey sour mix....closest I can thin of a mix like lemix.. I will check though this weekend at the
grocery..I might just call the bar at the corner and ask them! It was also always an ingredient (a
large splash) added to long island iced tea I recall..I can't drink those in my 'old age' . Can
barely handle 1 beer...