lemon zest question

"Charlotte L. Blackmer" wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> >Naomi Darvell wrote:
> >>
> >> I have a bottle of Boyajian lemon oil, which is not the same as lemon extract, and which will
> >> do in a pinch to substitute for zest if I've run out of lemons. They do an orange oil too.
>
> And lime!
>
> Boyajian rools. And so does the Microplane for zesting citrus. Mother and SIL are getting them for
> Christmas, along with a Mexican orange juicer.
>
> >Pure Lemon Essential oil has also worked FAR better in some recipes than extracts for me. :)
> >There is something special tho' about the flavor of Zest...
> >
> >I use "Now" brand essential oils.
>
> A little dab'll do ya, as we used to say. I use ONE teaspoon per 500 g chocolate for truffles and
> it is noticeably lemon.
>
> I have a cookbook "Luscious Lemon Desserts" with triple-lemon sugar cookies - zest, oil, juice.
> Amazingly good, even if a bit fiddly.
>
> Charlotte

I've even had good luck using the lemon oil for fish dishes...

And yes, you gotta go rilly easy with it! <G>

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-
cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=katra

Felice Friese wrote:

> Katra, I tried this ebay link and kept getting input error messages.
>
> http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=katra
>
> Can you double-check and let me know whether it's changed or whether ebay just doesn't like me?
> I'd like to see the silver.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Felice

Ugh. Looks like ebay's link expired... Bless you for bringing that to my attention! I just
fixed the sig.

For that, you get $10.00 credit! On any item...

eBay screws around sometimes and does not warn the customers. :-(

Try the new link and let me know if it works???

Thanks! Katra
--

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=Katra