    From: "Kevin Delaney" <[email protected]>
    Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
    Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 4:55 PM
    Subject: LeMond Accuses Armstorng?

    http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news;_yl...fp-cycling_tour_usa_lemond&prov=afp&type=lgns

    > "The problem with Lance is that you're either a liar or you're out to
    > destroy cycling," said LeMond who won in 1986, 1989 and 1990.
    >
    > "Lance is ready to do anything to keep his secret but I don't know how
    > long he can convince everybody of his innocence."

  3. Mark Janeba

    Mark Janeba Guest

    Kevin Delaney wrote:
    > http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news;_yl...fp-cycling_tour_usa_lemond&prov=afp&type=lgns

    The article above goes on to say:

    "The book [L.A. Confidential] focuses on statements attributed to Emma
    O'Reilly, a physiotherapist who worked with Armstrong from 1998-2000.
    O'Reilly claims Armstrong used the banned blood booster erythropoietin
    (EPO)."

    Does the book really make that claim directly? The buzz seems to say
    the book is full of innuendo and insinuation but never makes direct
    claims (to cover the author's/accuser's legal asses). I'm not gonna buy
    the book to find out.

  4. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "Mark Janeba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:QFxJc.85250$%[email protected]_s01...
    > Kevin Delaney wrote:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news;_yl...fp-cycling_tour_usa_lemond&prov=afp&type=lgns

    > The article above goes on to say:
    >
    > "The book [L.A. Confidential] focuses on statements attributed to Emma
    > O'Reilly, a physiotherapist who worked with Armstrong from 1998-2000.
    > O'Reilly claims Armstrong used the banned blood booster erythropoietin
    > (EPO)."
    >
    > Does the book really make that claim directly? The buzz seems to say
    > the book is full of innuendo and insinuation but never makes direct
    > claims (to cover the author's/accuser's legal asses). I'm not gonna buy
    > the book to find out.

    It's circumstantial -- for instance, the bag of hypodermic needles that
    Armstrong allegedly gave to O'Reilly to get rid of.

    It's interesting and maybe telling that Armstrong wants to go to court.
    The depositions alone will clear up a lot.

    M.

  5. Phil Liggett said he had read the book and it shows that the books
    author believes Lance is a doper but the book will not convince you in
    the least that Lance is a doper.