LeMond Big Sky Opinions please.

bakhurts

May 18, 2004
guys,

i have posted questions about a lot of biks on thisforum. I am looking for a comfortable road or touring bike to ride around. Some centuries, some charity rides, stuff around town, the occasional weekend. I have looked at the Jamis quest, Bianchi Velo, Orbea Aspin, Lemond Poprad, Specialized Roubaix and Sequoia and a couple more.

Rode a big sky for a while today, and liked the feel. It was too cold for a long ride, however so i wanted to ask owners of this bike their opinions. Any problems with it, or stuff to watch out for?

thanks

bakhurts

bakhurts said:
guys,

i have posted questions about a lot of biks on thisforum. I am looking for a comfortable road or touring bike to ride around. Some centuries, some charity rides, stuff around town, the occasional weekend. I have looked at the Jamis quest, Bianchi Velo, Orbea Aspin, Lemond Poprad, Specialized Roubaix and Sequoia and a couple more.

Rode a big sky for a while today, and liked the feel. It was too cold for a long ride, however so i wanted to ask owners of this bike their opinions. Any problems with it, or stuff to watch out for?

thanks

bakhurts
I recently got a Specialized Roubaix Elite with a carbon frame and seat post and must say that the ride is way more comfortable than my previous Specialized Sirrus Elite with the aluminium frame and suspension seat post, certainly in terms of dampening generally rough tarmac road vibrations. I managed 48 miles in +3 degrees C on Sunday without so much as an aching behind. Obviously big dings in the road slam into your wrists and butt, regardless of your bike construction. Could be worth getting a test ride?