Lemond, Buenos Aires

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Goodtime, Mar 9, 2003.

  1. Goodtime

    Goodtime Guest

    Any thoughts/recommendations/gripes on Lemond Buenos Aires.

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    [email protected] (Goodtime) wrote in news:e00c9b1a.0303091133.5b8ac305 @posting.google.com:

    > Any thoughts/recommendations/gripes on Lemond Buenos Aires.

    Remember that LeMond bikes are made by Trek, so prices are comparable. LeMonds use a more
    traditional design with steel frames and Euro-style geometries. If they fit you, they're very
    nice bikes. Note that the sizing scheme is quite a bit different from Trek, so make sure you test
    ride it first.

    Ken

  3. Joel Roth

    Joel Roth Guest

    I purachased an '02 BA in the fall. No complaints. Very nice bike, very nice ride. I'm hoping the
    weather will warm up a bit in Chicago so I can put some add'l miles on it.

    Good luck.

    Joel

    Goodtime wrote:

    >Any thoughts/recommendations/gripes on Lemond Buenos Aires.

  4. Jkpoulos7

    Jkpoulos7 Guest

    >Any thoughts/recommendations/gripes on Lemond Buenos Aires.

    If it fits, BUY IT!!!!! I have an '02 (Red looks nicer than the blue and love
    it. The Lemond geometry is not suited for short torsoed people but that's a fit issue. You will
    probably need a Lemond in a smaller size than you normally ride. The ride is smooth and
    comfortable yet stiff enough for accelleration. Over 25mph is where the gemetry shines and the
    BA just carves descents. I don't know what saddle the '03 comes with but the '02 had the
    cheapest hunk of plastic that felt like a torture device.

  5. Rick Warner

    Rick Warner Guest

    [email protected] (Jkpoulos7) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > >Any thoughts/recommendations/gripes on Lemond Buenos Aires.
    > >

    > If it fits, BUY IT!!!!! I have an '02 (Red looks nicer than the blue and love
    > it. The Lemond geometry is not suited for short torsoed people but that's a fit issue. You will
    > probably need a Lemond in a smaller size than you normally ride. The ride is smooth and
    > comfortable yet stiff enough for accelleration. Over 25mph is where the gemetry shines and the
    > BA just carves descents. I don't know what saddle the '03 comes with but the '02 had the
    > cheapest hunk of plastic that felt like a torture device.

    I agree on the bike, it really is a GREAT descender. But there is a bit of personal preference in
    how bikes feel so beyond your advice of 'if it fits' I would add 'add feels good to you'. I love
    my BA; I bought the 2001 and they have upgraded the component mix since then at the same price
    point. And who cares about the saddle; I replaced mine immediately and auctioned the stock saddle
    on EBay ;)

    - rick -

  6. Roy Zipris

    Roy Zipris Guest