Lemond, Buenos Aires

Goodtime

Guest
Any thoughts/recommendations/gripes on Lemond Buenos Aires.

[email protected] (Goodtime) wrote in news:e00c9b1a.0303091133.5b8ac305 @posting.google.com:

> Any thoughts/recommendations/gripes on Lemond Buenos Aires.

Remember that LeMond bikes are made by Trek, so prices are comparable. LeMonds use a more
traditional design with steel frames and Euro-style geometries. If they fit you, they're very
nice bikes. Note that the sizing scheme is quite a bit different from Trek, so make sure you test
ride it first.

Ken

I purachased an '02 BA in the fall. No complaints. Very nice bike, very nice ride. I'm hoping the
weather will warm up a bit in Chicago so I can put some add'l miles on it.

Good luck.

Joel

Goodtime wrote:

>Any thoughts/recommendations/gripes on Lemond Buenos Aires.

>Any thoughts/recommendations/gripes on Lemond Buenos Aires.

If it fits, BUY IT!!!!! I have an '02 (Red looks nicer than the blue and love
it. The Lemond geometry is not suited for short torsoed people but that's a fit issue. You will
probably need a Lemond in a smaller size than you normally ride. The ride is smooth and
comfortable yet stiff enough for accelleration. Over 25mph is where the gemetry shines and the
BA just carves descents. I don't know what saddle the '03 comes with but the '02 had the
cheapest hunk of plastic that felt like a torture device.

[email protected] (Jkpoulos7) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >Any thoughts/recommendations/gripes on Lemond Buenos Aires.
> >

> If it fits, BUY IT!!!!! I have an '02 (Red looks nicer than the blue and love
> it. The Lemond geometry is not suited for short torsoed people but that's a fit issue. You will
> probably need a Lemond in a smaller size than you normally ride. The ride is smooth and
> comfortable yet stiff enough for accelleration. Over 25mph is where the gemetry shines and the
> BA just carves descents. I don't know what saddle the '03 comes with but the '02 had the
> cheapest hunk of plastic that felt like a torture device.

I agree on the bike, it really is a GREAT descender. But there is a bit of personal preference in
how bikes feel so beyond your advice of 'if it fits' I would add 'add feels good to you'. I love
my BA; I bought the 2001 and they have upgraded the component mix since then at the same price
point. And who cares about the saddle; I replaced mine immediately and auctioned the stock saddle
on EBay ;)

- rick -