LeMond Etape vs. LeMond Reno (6061 V. 6066 almn)

matt_miller_29

May 17, 2006
Hey all, so I'm thinking about getting an entry-level road bike to get my gf out on a bike and it's between the reno and etape. She has never had a road bike, has a 7300 now, and will probably not notice too much difference. Componets aside, is it worth an extra $90 for the Reno with the 6066 aluminum other than the 6061 aluminum? And what is the difference? Thanks.

matt_miller_29 said:
Hey all, so I'm thinking about getting an entry-level road bike to get my gf out on a bike and it's between the reno and etape. She has never had a road bike, has a 7300 now, and will probably not notice too much difference. Componets aside, is it worth an extra $90 for the Reno with the 6066 aluminum other than the 6061 aluminum? And what is the difference? Thanks.
I cannot comment on the difference between the 6066 and 6061 aluminum, but I think the difference in the components is worth the extra $90. I also believe she will be able to notice a big difference between either of these bikes and the 7300. There are more frame sizes (i.e. three women specific sizes) available in the Reno than in the Etape. I would go with the one that fits the best. My daughter is extremely happy with her Reno. It fit her better than any other entry level road bike. It is also much faster than the Raleigh hybrid she was riding.