LeMond is lazy

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> Are you actually blaming his wife for his girthiness?

I think he's just belly breathing in those photos.

"William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> William Asher wrote:
>
>> Phil Holman wrote:
>>

>> <snip>
>>
>> RAMROD is 154 miles for the "original" course up to Paradise and then
>> over Cayuse Pass. The idiot option includes a short side trip up
>> Chinook Pass once you get to the top of Cayuse. But it is not a
>> trivial one-day ride.
>>
>> Besides, he doesn't look all that bad in some of the other pictures.
>>

> Phil:
>
> After re-reading my post, I just want to make it clear I am agreeing
> with
> you, not arguing.

OK Bill. The year I did it the course was less than 150. IIRC the route
from the Enumclaw to the park was revised.

Phil H

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> So you're saying the helmet made your head more aero?

Only on one side. I considering adopting the Mancebo style to optimize
my
aerodynamics.

Bill C wrote:
> Living surrounded by great beer, pastries, food, and a culture based
> on quality of life it's no real surprise that Eddy put on some pounds
> for a while.

You forgot the waffles and the freedom fries with mayonnaise.

Phil Holman wrote:

> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> William Asher wrote:
>>
>>> Phil Holman wrote:
>>>

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> RAMROD is 154 miles for the "original" course up to Paradise and then
>>> over Cayuse Pass. The idiot option includes a short side trip up
>>> Chinook Pass once you get to the top of Cayuse. But it is not a
>>> trivial one-day ride.
>>>
>>> Besides, he doesn't look all that bad in some of the other pictures.
>>>

>> Phil:
>>
>> After re-reading my post, I just want to make it clear I am agreeing
>> with
>> you, not arguing.

> OK Bill. The year I did it the course was less than 150. IIRC the route
> from the Enumclaw to the park was revised.
>
> Phil H

Yeah, every so often they diddle the route. For a couple of years 410 was
closed and those years it was around 190 miles and 160 miles. The standard
course, starting from Enumclaw, through Orting, up to Paradise, and then
over Chinook and past Mud Mountain dam, is 155 miles.

It also is no longer run as a timed event. There were too many bozos doing
things like taking craps in yards along the way and abusing the national
park because they felt it was important to finish in 11 hours 15 minutes
instead of 11 hours and 40 minutes.

Did you see the guy with the croquet mallet on the way up to Paradise?

--
Bill Asher

As I recall while Eddy DID put on a little weight it wasn't until he
hit his 50's that it got out of control and then his doctor stepped in
and he's a much smaller man now.

Greg will end up the same way. He's too much of an egotist to allow
himself to look like Porky Pig for too long.

> Donald Munro wrote:
> >> I used to have one of those Briko twinner helmets until I totally
> >> totalled it in a crash and the section around the ear splintered and ended
> >> up cutting off half my ear.

> Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > So you're saying the helmet made your head more aero?

> Only on one side. I considering adopting the Mancebo style to optimize
> my aerodynamics.

You're afraid to go the full Pantani, aren't you?

--
tanx,
Howard

The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.