LeMond: Lance threatened me

hombredesubaru said:
I havent posted anything but the Andreu depositions and testimony. That is not ****, well it is **** but it is **** under oath.

I was replying to what Bobke posted about Andreu, when he/she false claimed that Andreu was fired by Armstrong.

What Bobke failed to notice was that Andreu - after Andreu retired from USPS- was appointed as an assistant manager at USPS!!!!!!!
So there never was a problem between Andreu and Armstrong.

Now, why are you stating that you (hombredesubaru) hadn't posted anything?
I never accused you (hombredesubaru) of posting anything about Andreu.

Forgetten under which identity you're posting, have ya??

hombredesubaru said:
Please record where Indurain or other TOUR WINNERS is the differential response I tried to make, in contrast to Lemond.

You need to check Indurains written words in Graham Watsons "Images of a Champion" concerning Lance Armstrong.

hombredesubaru said:
where does Indurain question Lance's wins. Before Lance's 1999 win, journalists asked who Indurain thought would win. Indurain said Lance and everyone thought he was nuts. He willingly showed up for all the pics of the 5 WInners club.

In "Images of a champion" - I suggest that you read it.

hombredesubaru said:
And Jalabert, please dont get me started. But for the record, please show where he questioned Lance and I'll show you a dozen direct references to why ONCE HAD to leave to TdF in 1998 with Saiz and Jalabert.

What's ONCE 1998 TDf got to do with what Jalabert said about his (Jalaberts)
not believing that LA performances were not genuine?

If you recall after the 2005 TDF, Jalabert said that he was of the view that Armstrong improvement in results was not genuine.

Oh and while I have your attention - I do believe that Bruyneel was part of that ONCE 1998 TDF team.
Non?

limerickman said:
.........and you still contend that Hampsten doesn't support LeMond and his what LeMond said ?

At the risk of getting involved in a discussion that's way too heated, Hampsten in fact does not support LeMond's remarks regarding Armstrong. He supports the fight against doping. Andy merely alludes to a personality conflict between the two, not surprising considering the superheated ego that must come with being a multiple TDF winner. Put two of them together, and conflict is inevitable.

Perhaps LA really was dirty. However, Greg's comments are unsubstantiated, and borderline inaccurate. Threaten to find people who will say Greg was juiced on EPO? The stuff had just been invented when he was at his peak. Highly unlikely that he'd juice, and even more unlikely that LA would be dumb enough to try a patently false accusation.

As someone who followed Greg's rise when Americans in general were nothing in cycling, I'm saddened to see a legend burning his own reputation with comments that can't be substantiated, and can't possibly lead to anything positive. He's ruining himself for no good reason.

Greg LeMond is still one of my role models - a well mannered and juice free champion, at least when he was riding. I don't know what's going on in his mind today. I do wish he'd lay off Lance and go after the dopers that are actually juicing today, and are actually being caught. More to the point, go after the organizations and managers that are actively engaged in doping programs. Better for Greg's reputation, better for the fight against doping. Like Greg and Andy, I hate seeing this grand sport degenerating into commercial exploitation.

mercurycu99 said:
"

Read LA's attourney's statements. Part of the depositions are there now. Even MS. Andreu's testimony contradicted Greg's claims.

http://www.thepaceline.com/members/lancenewsitem.aspx?cid=2430

LeMond is a bitter liar that's still grinding an ax.

Chrystie

With respect, I don't think the words of Armstrong's paid lawyers could be construed as being impartial.

And as for quoting propagandaline.com.......................

You're 24 years old?
I suggest that you read about Greg LeMond and his achievements.
Sam Abt wrote a very good book about LeMond called The Incredible Comeback of an American Hero.

Sam Abt is a widely respected cycling journalist.[/QUOTE]

[With respect, I don't think the words of Armstrong's paid lawyers could be construed as being impartial.

I'm 55 years old...been a TREK customer for nearly 25 years...bought my first TREK when they wre a small outfit in 1982. I watched LeMond win.

But I wouldn't give you two damn cents for LeMond now and that stuff you call "proganda" was quoted testimony under oath where even Ms. "I hate Lance" was forced to refute LeMond claims.

Like Lance says: "We won, They lost". Far as I am concerned that says it all and is a cold hard fact....

"The arbitrators were able to observe witnesses and make informed judgments about their truthfulness. “If the first sip is sour, you don’t need to drink the whole milk carton to be sure it’s bad”, Herman said. “Likewise, witnesses who lie under oath about some things are seldom worthy of belief about others”. After having “considered the evidence and testimony” the arbitrators unanimously ordered the insurance company to pay $7,500,000. Armstrong won. The accusers lost. "

Case closed. And LeMond continues to look like a bitter and jealous fool. He's become an embarrassment for US cycling that need to shut up and find a cure for his terminal foot in mouth disease.

Chrystie

mercurycu99 said:
[With respect, I don't think the words of Armstrong's paid lawyers could be construed as being impartial.

I'm 55 years old...been a TREK customer for nearly 25 years...bought my first TREK when they wre a small outfit in 1982. I watched LeMond win.

But I wouldn't give you two damn cents for LeMond now and that stuff you call "proganda" was quoted testimony under oath where even Ms. "I hate Lance" was forced to refute LeMond claims.

Like Lance says: "We won, They lost". Far as I am concerned that says it all and is a cold hard fact....

"The arbitrators were able to observe witnesses and make informed judgments about their truthfulness. “If the first sip is sour, you don’t need to drink the whole milk carton to be sure it’s bad”, Herman said. “Likewise, witnesses who lie under oath about some things are seldom worthy of belief about others”. After having “considered the evidence and testimony” the arbitrators unanimously ordered the insurance company to pay $7,500,000. Armstrong won. The accusers lost. "

Case closed. And LeMond continues to look like a bitter and jealous fool. He's become an embarrassment for US cycling that need to shut up and find a cure for his terminal foot in mouth disease.

Chrystie

Apologies, I thought you said that you were 24 years old, earlier.

I'll find it,but Sam Abt also suggested that Hinault and his team {Lemond] was a doper. I think it was Sam Abt.... Was he the one who wrote about cycling for the NewYork paper? He wrote about how prevalent doping and no one really cared back in Hinaults/ Lemond's time.

But even if this attorney did represent LA, it was the words of others that made the Lemonds out to be fabricators. Friends of the Lemonds. Lemond had asked before testifying if this was going to confidential. They were told it was. And it was until **** Pound released it to the highly respected French paper that actually revised the story to meet their needs.

One..... The newspaper knew that LA had his DNA tested by the company that had 7.5 million dollors to lose. The DNA came back clean. But the newspaper only took bits and pieces..... But they did not print that.... they did not print Lemonds sneaky attempt to attack LA.

Read the article of the testimony...... And then tell me anyone can have respect for Lemond.

I was on the fence with the LA doping stories for years.... Not now. Now that I know how these allegations have came about I personally think LA should not go to the TDF .......

Oh yeah ...... he isn't coming the TDF... he's coming on the ride RAGBRAI which I was on many times......

I just watched LA on the Charley Rose show that was aired last night. Everyone talks of his bad behavior but when he discusses his attack on cancer he comes out as the finest individual cycling as ever had represent them
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6314996966390382569&q=tvshow:Charlie_Rose.

Abt wrote (writes?) for the International Herald and his columns are also syndicated to other newspapers.
Abt is a respected writer and he has written two books on LeMond.

I don't recall any written articles by Abt detailing doping allegations at La Vie Claire (the team where Hinault/LeMond raced).
Abt did write extensively about Bernard Tapie and the finanical chicanery at La Vie Claire.
But I never read anything by Abt concerning doping at La Vie Claire.

In respect of the inusrance case, the insurance underwriter witheld payment of $5m because of the allegations concerning Armstrong arising from the tests undergone at Chatanay Malabry.
The insurance company were due to pay Armstrong $5m as part of a win fee.

The entire transcript of the case is sealed as far as I understand : but parts of the transcript of the case was released to the media.

Leaked by whom ? We don't know.
Do we have access to the full transcipts of the case ? No.
Can we get access to the full transcipts of the case ? Yes, but by only going through Armstrong's lawyers.

In respect of Armstrong going to the TDF - Armstrong has not be extended an invitation to attend the TDF by either ASO or the the Societie du Tour de France.
He can of course attend as a spectator but he has not be accredited to visit as an ex-champion/rider.

wolfix said:
The newspaper knew that LA had his DNA tested by the company that had 7.5 million dollors to lose. The DNA came back clean.
What does this mean? The DNA was tested for what? How do you test DNA?

Bro Deal said:
What does this mean? The DNA was tested for what? How do you test DNA?
I don't know... It was in the court papers. I think your DNA shows drug usage. Isn't that how they test people when they test criminals for drug usage. {Other then the peee test}

wolfix said:
I think your DNA shows drug usage. Isn't that how they test people when they test criminals for drug usage. {Other then the peee test}
No, that's why I am asking. Drug testing can be done on done on urine, blood, hair, etc. It depends on what you are testing for. For example there is a test for rEPO that uses urine, but there is no similar test that uses hair; and I don't think there is one that uses blood either--at least not one that has been accepted by WADA. Homologous blood doping can be detected with blood but obviously not with urine or hair. Hair provides a ninety day record of most recreational drug use.

DNA would ordinarily be used to identify that human tissue or fluids or whatever belonged to a specific person. The term "had his DNA tested" makes no sense. Are they talking about gene doping?

Bro Deal said:
No, that's why I am asking. Drug testing can be done on done on urine, blood, hair, etc. It depends on what you are testing for. For example there is a test for rEPO that uses urine, but there is no similar test that uses hair; and I don't think there is one that uses blood either--at least not one that has been accepted by WADA. Homologous blood doping can be detected with blood but obviously not with urine or hair. Hair provides a ninety day record of most recreational drug use.

DNA would ordinarily be used to identify that human tissue or fluids or whatever belonged to a specific person. The term "had his DNA tested" makes no sense. Are they talking about gene doping?
I really don't have a clue. I was hoping you understood more then me..... I do know that DNA can show if a drug will be effective for an individual. There is an on going research/controversy about that. but that wouldn't appy here.
But the insurance company wanted the DNA for something to test. But we better be careful, the moderator is pulling threads that discuss this case.

limerickman said:
I was replying to what Bobke posted about Andreu, when he/she false claimed that Andreu was fired by Armstrong.

What Bobke failed to notice was that Andreu - after Andreu retired from USPS- was appointed as an assistant manager at USPS!!!!!!!
So there never was a problem between Andreu and Armstrong.

Now, why are you stating that you (hombredesubaru) hadn't posted anything?
I never accused you (hombredesubaru) of posting anything about Andreu.

Forgetten under which identity you're posting, have ya??

You need to check Indurains written words in Graham Watsons "Images of a Champion" concerning Lance Armstrong.

In "Images of a champion" - I suggest that you read it.

What's ONCE 1998 TDf got to do with what Jalabert said about his (Jalaberts)
not believing that LA performances were not genuine?

If you recall after the 2005 TDF, Jalabert said that he was of the view that Armstrong improvement in results was not genuine.

Oh and while I have your attention - I do believe that Bruyneel was part of that ONCE 1998 TDF team.
Non?
I never said Andeu was fired. What I said was he was unceremoniously dumped and non-renewed after his poor showing in the 2000 TTT falling way behind on the bridge/climb. So yes, I would say being team captain and then not having your contract renewed would be a prblem with your boss-Bruyneel/Lance. He was too old and too slow over the mountains, and also heavy that year.

What you may have missed over there in Europe, was that Frankie gave several interviews about how he was "surprised" and disappointed and the press over here was all like "whazzup." Then miraculously a job appears for Frankie as director of USPS domestic races, well until he started to screw up every race like San Fran and Philly Pro that Postal should have won.

DP:I saw you race at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. It looked like you were the best American that day. Once you had the green light to race for yourself, you set out to catch the leaders (Richard, Sorensen and Sciandri), and in an impressive chase, you got 4th; One of your finest moments as a cyclist?

FA:I am most happy with Atlanta. I would have loved to have medaled but under the circumstances fourth was great. I was flying but the orders of the day were to work for Lance. The problem was that Lance didn't tell anyone until the very end that he didn't have the legs that day and that he didn't feel good. By the time I found that out the break had already gone up the road so I decided to go for it. I had nothing to lose but everything to gain. The last time up towards the finish I was pinned. Virenque and Mauri were trying to catch me and I knew they were coming but I couldn't get out of the saddle, my legs were dead. I just pushed as hard as I could with my heart coming out of my mouth. It was one of the best days of my career

By VeloNews Interactive
This report filed December 24, 2000
Frankie Andreu, a teammate of two-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, has announced his retirement from professional cycling.

"After racing nine Tours de France and spending eleven years as a European professional I have decided to retire," Andreu announced Saturday, posting a statement on his personal website.

Andreu has spent much of the fall season considering his options after his U.S. Postal contract wasn't renewed.

bobke said:
I never said Andeu was fired. What I said was he was unceremoniously dumped and non-renewed after his poor showing in the 2000 TTT falling way behind on the bridge/climb. So yes, I would say being team captain and then not having your contract renewed would be a prblem with your boss-Bruyneel/Lance. He was too old and too slow over the mountains, and also heavy that year........................

"After racing nine Tours de France and spending eleven years as a European professional I have decided to retire," Andreu announced Saturday, posting a statement on his personal website.

Andreu has spent much of the fall season considering his options after his U.S. Postal contract wasn't renewed.

So why was he appointed USPS assistant manager in 2002 if there is all this alleged bad feeling between him and Armstrong at the end of 2000?

In one of the published books (I forget which one), there is a description of "fables" within the ranks of DC domestiques. Eki is the "good" fable; Andreu and one person (maybe Livingston) are the "bad domestique" stories. This is public information that there was bad blood between DC/USPS and Andreu.

Why do you think, during the whole season (at least) Andreu was an OLNTV reporter (2003??), he never, to my knowledge, interviewed members of his former team?

If you were Andreu, and you were relatively prominent within an American team that was relatively weak, then suddenly a superstar recovering from cancer joins your ranks and wins the TdF. You are relegated to a complete domestique, and then your contract at a minimum is not renewed. Wouldn't you harbor a bit of resentment?

You strugggle for a while. After a while, you are no longer even an OLNTV reporter and have to resort to arranging cycling tours for people and providing motivational speeches, where you earn measley amounts relative to then seven-time TdF winner and multi-millionaire LA.

As LA's lawyers stated on thepaceline, Ms Andreu was obsessive and at one point wrote on a piece of paper that she hated LA.

limerickman said:
So why was he appointed USPS assistant manager in 2002 if there is all this alleged bad feeling between him and Armstrong at the end of 2000?
Well, thats an intersting question, isnt it?
I dont know the answer but one might conjecture a number of things.

musette said:
In one of the published books (I forget which one), there is a description of "fables" within the ranks of DC domestiques. Eki is the "good" fable; Andreu and one person (maybe Livingston) are the "bad domestique" stories. This is public information that there was bad blood between DC/USPS and Andreu.

....so you read a book, but you can't remember the book's title but it was about fables........and bad blood...................

Do us all a favour and stop posting rubbish, please.

The only relevant public information is that Andreu retired in 2000 and WAS HIRED AS USPS ASSISTANT MANAGER IN 2002.

musette said:
Why do you think, during the whole season (at least) Andreu was an OLNTV reporter (2003??), he never, to my knowledge, interviewed members of his former team?

I don't have access to OLN TV, so I don't know if what you say is true.

musette said:
If you were Andreu, and you were relatively prominent within an American team that was relatively weak, then suddenly a superstar recovering from cancer joins your ranks and wins the TdF.

............not aware that Andreu and Armstrong rode together at Motorola, are ya?

That's right - check the records 1993-1996.
Andreu and Armstrong were on the same team, Motorola, 1993-1996.
If there was going to be resentment - and YOU TOTLD US ALL HOW SUCCESSFUL ARMSTRONG WAS BETWEEN 1993-1996 - any underlying resentment would have been sparked during 1993-1996?

As I've told you - YOU are wasting our time.

musette said:
You strugggle for a while. After a while, you are no longer even an OLNTV reporter and have to resort to arranging cycling tours for people and providing motivational speeches, where you earn measley amounts relative to then seven-time TdF winner and multi-millionaire LA.

As LA's lawyers stated on thepaceline, Ms Andreu was obsessive and at one point wrote on a piece of paper that she hated LA.

There was no bad blood between Frankie Andreu and Lance Armstrong.

To suggest otherwise is more revisionism a.k.a propagandaline.com

You're wasting our collective time. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.
Pathetic.

limerickman said:
Can you add two plus two?
Andreu was booted because USPS was bringing in Rubiera and Heras. Livingston had left. The team had to rebuild itself to take on new and more talented riders. Andreu was older and heavier and served no purpose in the one goal--to win the TdF. Also Boonen had come on board so no need for Andreu in P-R.
It was not good PR in the US since Andreu was a very popular and visible rider to dump him. SO... weeks and months after he left with contract non-renewed, he couldnt find any other rides on a team of that caliber and so late in the season, miraculously they found him a job doing something low profile.

Then he did a crappy job as director of US races for Postal and clearly lost a couple of big ones like the US PRo champs and San Fran Grand Prix, although admittedly Hincapie often doesnt need much help in not coming in first or not reading a race, but that of course is what the team car is for. Frankie didnt cut it, then was dumped AGAIN.

Then he tried OLN with Lance cronies Paul, Phil, and Bob but just wasnt any good with a mike or behind camera. Mrs. Andreu could interpret this as Lance having it in for Frankie, but really the team director and TV stuff just wasnt his bag. If he re-invents himself now great for him.